Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 05:14 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hey now.....this is Geargia! We take our fake deer-age very seriously. Seriously.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:18 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Sorry, forgot to add the rolleyes, LMAO, etc., at the end of that! And "we" not being "me". People take their fake deer very seriously "round these here parts". You can drop some serious dough on a life-like ensemble. Seriously. Seriously tacky that is!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
We pooped off the whole afternoon getting caught up on Modern Family and Raising Hope. Kind of felt bad when DS left at 3 to go to work

Sorry to hear about the accident Fin - those are the worst calls to get. Slightly ruins the day!
I need to check out OnDemand and see if last night's Friday Night Lights is available....I am seriously considering jammies soon. Very soon. Been a long day....DS had a lacrosse game (quarterfinals for state playoffs - they got their hinies kicked) at 9 this morning. By the time we got home and got some lunch it was noon and I really really needed a Walmart and Costco run. I forgot how expensive summer is when there are teen boys around snacking. Yikes. I try to make sure we have good snacks around so that the expense is shared between the families. We already have the smallest house, no finished basement and no hot tub so they tend to hang other places and eat there. I feel bad when the other parents know my son more than I know their sons....With DD - our house was often the place they all hung out. With DS, not so much - his friends homes have much more to offer apparently! Oh well....I do what I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
We have REAL owls. Who are obviously not doing their jobs!

Carpenter bees also do not sound like a lot of fun. Sorry, Zimbo.
Sounds like the owls need a stern talking to....

Old 05-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Sorry, forgot to add the rolleyes, LMAO, etc., at the end of that! And "we" not being "me". People take their fake deer very seriously "round these here parts". You can drop some serious dough on a life-like ensemble. Seriously. Seriously tacky that is!
LOL - I didn't figure you for the fake animal in your yard kind! But - you never know!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:26 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Should I stay and help out here and possibly get a job and look into police academy and everything?

Or should I spend my two weeks and carry out my plans at home. I know no one here, I have no friends and I will miss all my friends in Colorado turning 21 if I do.

I just fear being miserable if I move back, its a bunch of slow going small town people, no bedroom door, no privacy and a twin bed that I might have to suck it up and sleep on the whole time and not get a decent sized mattress that isn't rock hard.

Its just so hard to decide.

Pros: I could EASILY have a job.
I can EASILY become a cop.
Fresh new start.
Spend time with other family.
My grandmother could get her knee surgery.

Cons: Internets still not fixed and we don't know how.
No bedroom door on the loft and her office takes up the 3rd bedroom.
No privacy
No friends
No partying, going out etc etc (cause I don't know anyone.)
Bed that's too hard and I hang off of it, and the chance of getting a new one is very slim.
Miss all the fun summer stuff I could do with my friends back home.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM

Txt - there is no magic wand that will make everything work and guarantee you will be happy and successful. A person can be happy anywhere or miserable anywhere. It's mostly in your attitude. Make a decision. Make a plan. Stick with the plan even through downtimes. There will be downtimes in every choice. It's just part of life. Going back and forth and talking about how miserable you are here or there doesn't move forward. It doesn't matter so much which place you choose as it does you change your attitude, actually do what it takes to start something and stick with it.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
LOL - I didn't figure you for the fake animal in your yard kind! But - you never know!
We had the fake plastic flamingos in L.A. On holidays I used to put appropriate colored ribbons around their necks. Yeah. We were "those" neighbors, lol.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
We had the fake plastic flamingos in L.A. On holidays I used to put appropriate colored ribbons around their necks. Yeah. We were "those" neighbors, lol.
LOL! The fun ones - with a sense of humor....

Old 05-14-2011, 05:35 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Ok, it's all fine, we have a trailer hitch that stopped it from damaging our car.

Don't get me started on woodpeckers! Little buggers.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
LOL! The fun ones - with a sense of humor....
It get's worse. Remember those cut-outs they had years ago? The ones you put in your garden that looked like a fat lady in bloomers bending over? Yep. Had one of those too.

DH named her "Gloria" after a relative he didn't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting