Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Zimbo: The Musical Instrument Museum, which is near us, has the piano John Lennon wrote Imagine on. They just added a new video of the Playing For Change musicians singing Imagine. We saw it a couple of weeks ago. Of course I pretty much busted out in tears. (Miss John.)

In other news... Operation Evilwoodpecker is 1/2 over. We filled the worst spots with the expand-o foam. Put stucco over the smaller holes. Tomorrow I'll finish stuccoing where we put the filler. Thank goodness it's not too hot to work outside. This would be a killer job in a month.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Zimbo: The Musical Instrument Museum, which is near us, has the piano John Lennon wrote Imagine on. They just added a new video of the Playing For Change musicians singing Imagine. We saw it a couple of weeks ago. Of course I pretty much busted out in tears. (Miss John.)
How awesome to see that piano!

YouTube - Imagine | Playing For Change

Old 05-15-2011, 11:28 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Dew - glad you were able to get that started. Jeans and sweatshirt weather here.....maybe 40 deg outside? I think it's supposed to be chilly and overcast all week. Of course that is because the HS graduations (held outside) are this week...

Cool Dew - Imagine is one of DS's favorite songs.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Zimbo, you would love the MIM. You wear headphones as you walk around the galleries and they have hundreds of videos to watch and listen to. We go about once a month. John's piano is one of the centerpieces of their collection. (Which has everything. It's mind-boggling) On his birthday last year they had cupcakes!

They also have a concert hall. We're hoping to go to Mariachi Mystery Tour this summer. Yes. It is what the name implies. Beatles music by a mariachi band. Woo-hoo.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:37 AM

Dew - the MIM sounds fantastic, I would definitely love it. DH travels that way on occassion, I may have to travel with him and check it out.

Have any of you been to The Experience Music Project in Seattle? It's a music museum that's mainly dedicated to Jimi Hendrix, but they have added a section dedicated to Nirvana too. Anyway, fantastic place. They have this huge room full of instruments where you can just go and jam away. My kids love going there.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Have any of you been to The Experience Music Project in Seattle? It's a music museum that's mainly dedicated to Jimi Hendrix, but they have added a section dedicated to Nirvana too. Anyway, fantastic place. They have this huge room full of instruments where you can just go and jam away. My kids love going there.
No, but sounds like my kind of place. The MIM aso has an experience room with instruments from all over. Including a HUGE Japanese gong some guy put a dent into. I like to go in when it's jammed with kids going nuts. Couple weeks ago I had them all putting their hands on the big gong to feel the vibration as they heard it. I think the guard probably had to take an aspirin that night but it was so cool. Next life I'm deinitely coming back as a drummer.

They have one whole exhibit of Fender guitars and amps. Which were made just a few miles from where I grew up. They've got one of Jimi's guitars. He's also got a spot in the room with John's piano, which also has Dick Dale, Eric Clapton, a vest and baton from Leonard Bernstein and a drum from the Beijing Olympics. One of the big ones from the opening ceremonies.

Plus you can get a very nice glass of wine in their cafe, lol.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Hi all! I'm back from a couple relaxing nights in the mountains, and still have the house to myself for the rest of the day. I am savoring this. Who knows when it will happen again. I wish the weather was better. I see there is a long thread to catch up on. Do I dare jump in?

Old 05-15-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Hi all! I'm back from a couple relaxing nights in the mountains, and still have the house to myself for the rest of the day. I am savoring this. Who knows when it will happen again. I wish the weather was better. I see there is a long thread to catch up on. Do I dare jump in?
Glad you had a good time. If you are all relaxed, then no, it's just all nasty crap anyway!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:08 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
My husband came to me to show me he's getting fat. All of this inactivity from recovering is taking a toll on his waist line. He hates carrying a little extra weight because he's only 5'6".

I don't know why he came to me. He knows what he needs to do. He could go walking or bike riding. I told him I'd go with him.

I also told him that I wouldn't buy him bigger pants and he's not allowed to buy any for himself. He laughed. He knows that will be his downfall and agreed.

Guess we're going to start bike riding again soon!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:42 PM

Two girls down the street have opened up a sno cone stand. Your choice of cherry, grape or root beer for a mere 50 cents. I had the root beer. Quite refreshing and their business is really starting to pick up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting