Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
I am not sure if it is her. She went back and edited posts all the time to add periods. It was like she obssessed over her posts being perfect, much like her parenting.
Maybe it's the other one who lives in the upper midwest.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:19 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK tonight's the final dances on Dancing With The Stars. Am I the only one who is watching? Gotta cheer my boy Hines Ward on tonight.
We watch too! And yes, that's who should win.

Do you ever watch So You Think You Can Dance? We love that show. Incredibly talented people out there.

So all that talk of fun drinks with our pancakes....I never did any. I developed a migraine while making the pancakes I was so bummed - kept thinking about our thread you guys!

Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Good Morning All!

Tomorrow is the last day of school, and in our neighborhood the tradition is that the bus drops all the kids at the swimming pool parking lot, and the parents ambush the kids with water guns. The kids love it! The parents then get pay-back, and essentially it ends up a giant water-fight. Last year a friend dumped a cooler of ice-water on my head ala football coaches, so I'm plotting my revenge. Only problem is he is about 6' 5" and not in any way petite, so I'm going to have to think this one through.

Happy Tuesday!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Sounds fun Zimbo! Today is our last day of school. DS is officially a senior after today. Yikes.

Looks overcast and cool out - maybe more rain? Hard to tell.

Heading to work here soon because I'll need to leave early to accomodate DS for a few things. No lunch for me.....

I think our pool opens up this weekend. I don't think I've been in more than a year. We used it a lot when the kids were little...

Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I think our pool opens up this weekend. I don't think I've been in more than a year. We used it a lot when the kids were little...
We have Friday Margarita nights at our pool. People bring their dinner and beverages of choice, and the kids swim while the parents socialize. Very civilized, and a very pleasant way to end the week.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Do you ever watch So You Think You Can Dance? We love that show. Incredibly talented people out there.
I. LOVE! that show. I never knew dance could be so evocative. I hope this year they have a top 20, not top 10. I even went over & posted in the TV forum, I'm so happy it's coming soon.

And this is coming from someone who, at one point in my life, "only watched *sniff* PBS, and the occasional movie." My kids opened my eyes to the joys of TV.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We have Friday Margarita nights at our pool. People bring their dinner and beverages of choice, and the kids swim while the parents socialize. Very civilized, and a very pleasant way to end the week.
That does sound nice.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
I. LOVE! that show. I never knew dance could be so evocative. I hope this year they have a top 20, not top 10. I even went over & posted in the TV forum, I'm so happy it's coming soon.

And this is coming from someone who, at one point in my life, "only watched *sniff* PBS, and the occasional movie." My kids opened my eyes to the joys of TV.
To see big hip hop guys do a waltz and be incredible - that's what I love about the show!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 AM

Oh - morning all!

Zim - you sound like you have a fun pool, that's for sure! We have a very tiny neighborhood. No pool.

Tomorrow is DS's last day. Two finals and he's done. I'm saying yikes as well mm!

So one of the "kittens" (said loosely because they are a year old now) has an obsession with the screen on the windows. I don't want to have to close the house up all summer because he won't leave them alone, but not sure what to do. Anyone with suggestions? He mainly tries to climb them in the middle of the night, which is beyond annoying. Not to mention, he's a really big cat. I'm afraid he's going to pop out the screen and fall from the second story!

I'm thinking water gun......I can lay in bed and when he tries to climb the screen at 2am, I can squirt him from a distance.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
So one of the "kittens" (said loosely because they are a year old now) has an obsession with the screen on the windows. I don't want to have to close the house up all summer because he won't leave them alone, but not sure what to do. Anyone with suggestions? He mainly tries to climb them in the middle of the night, which is beyond annoying. Not to mention, he's a really big cat. I'm afraid he's going to pop out the screen and fall from the second story!

I'm thinking water gun......I can lay in bed and when he tries to climb the screen at 2am, I can squirt him from a distance.
The water gun might work! I've had that problem, with the screens; they CAN pop the screen out! I ended up opening the windows from the top & bottom, just a couple inches either way. Didn't have the nice big breezes that I love, but we could, at least, get air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting