Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 03:21 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Went to the store and think we'll have (chicken) Italian sausage, peppers and pasta for dinner tonight. And garlic bread.
That sounds like something I've made before and you reminded me I hadn't made it in awhile!

Sweet Sausage Marsala Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I've held off going to the grocery store until tomorrow, so I think I'll get the peppers. I've got Italian sausages in the freezer.

You just filled in the blank for what I was trying to come up with for Friday - thank you!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
So next week the Farm Shares starts. It's going to be interesting to see what I get each week and come up with how to use some of the more unusual stuff. I might need ideas from everyone.

They have been planting a ton of tomatoes - so I'm hoping when they start harvesting I get a lot of those. That will be easy. DS spent 4 hours the other day planting. One nice perk - whenever he washes eggs he always brings a dozen home. The ones that are speckled or too small, etc. and can't be sold.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Ooooh....that recipe looks good! I usually just wing it....I just got back from the store and realized I forgot to buy onions. Not sure if I have one or not. Tending to think "not"....I have another errand to run before dinner so I could stop by KS - if I remember...

Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
So next week the Farm Shares starts. It's going to be interesting to see what I get each week and come up with how to use some of the more unusual stuff. I might need ideas from everyone.

They have been planting a ton of tomatoes - so I'm hoping when they start harvesting I get a lot of those. That will be easy. DS spent 4 hours the other day planting. One nice perk - whenever he washes eggs he always brings a dozen home. The ones that are speckled or too small, etc. and can't be sold.
who do you order through?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 PM

jk- that recipe got a thumbs up from me.....DH had to work around the onions but that just means all the more for me...

DS isn't home yet - he and a couple friends went 4 wheeling (I think someone got a truck for their 18th b-day judging by the clumps of mud in my driveway)....supposedly the plan is to come here and eat afterward then go to someone else's house and hot tub. Nice cool evening - perfect for hot tubbing. I'm actually kind of jealous on that one.....

Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
So I had that procedure done today.
My face hurts a little. I think I have 3 stitches.

All it too was a little numbing and a scalpel and some stitches, this should have been done years ago. I just can't wait to see how it looks after the stitches are out.

No one back home knows I had it done. Not even my mom and they won't know till I get back home and even then I won't even say anything. They'll have to just notice it and ask for themselves I wanna see how long it takes them.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:17 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So I had that procedure done today.
My face hurts a little. I think I have 3 stitches.

All it too was a little numbing and a scalpel and some stitches, this should have been done years ago. I just can't wait to see how it looks after the stitches are out.

No one back home knows I had it done. Not even my mom and they won't know till I get back home and even then I won't even say anything. They'll have to just notice it and ask for themselves I wanna see how long it takes them.
What did you have done?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:20 PM

Why not just say something to your mom txt? All you're doing is setting yourself up to be angry at her. You WANT her not to notice so you can feel justified in being all pissy toward her when you get home. What benefit is there to that? What does it get you? Does it further your career any? Help you live independently? No. What you're doing isn't any better than what you accuse her of. You both just play games. Why not use this break as a fresh start. If she isn't one to turn over new leaves, you CAN be. You don't HAVE to live like that. Just tell her, in a friendly way. Don't accuse her just tell her. And don't expect that she'll be any different. She may never be. But you can be.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
I'm glad you did it!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
So no storms up by you MM? Horrible news from OK this afternoon (more tornadoes) and on the maps it looked like your area was getting a lot of rain.

DH came home and asked me if I was OK. I didn't know what he was talking about and he said, "The windshield. Did you hit your head?" Went out and looked at it and the half-dollar size chip had spread. The whole windshield has cracks running from the hood to the roof and it does look like I was in an accident. So I see a new windshield in my future.

Also found a scorpion in the garage. Huge. Think I'm going to watch DWTS with a nice glass of zip-a-dee-doo-dah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting