Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 03:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Ohiogirl, how did work go?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:27 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,837,498 times
It was great!

I was so sad it was 75 degrees and beautiful out today however.

I did all the normal first day stuff. Like take a horrible ID picture. Learn about sexual harassment and workplace ethics. We are in a class room for the first 2 weeks. I really like everyone!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
65, sunny and finally NOT WINDY here today. Really nice day...Macie enjoyed laying in the sun on the deck without getting too hot. I watered the little plants coming up in my rock garden - I hate it when I can't remember which are plants and which are weeds....I also watered the lilac bushes and all the daylillies that are starting to pop up throught the mulch. Did the laundry that I just didn't get around to yesterday. I looked at the forecast though and it's supposed to cool off and we might get a little rain. That would be OK. Also supposed to be "blustery" on Thursday. Not OK.

ohio - glad the job is starting off well....now don't go sexually harassing anyone...you can not use the excuse that you didn't know what constituted harassment! LOL.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Maciesmom is right Ohio. You cannot slap all the cute guys on the butt.

Beautiful day here. Sunny. Warm. I talked to my sister for an hour. She's decided she wants to come here in June but she doesn't want to be hot. Well, that's not going to happen. I'm trying to talk her into August. Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. Hoping the football lock-out is over by then so we can go to the training camp and her 11-year old can collect autographs. I love my nephew. He's just the nicest kid on the planet. And he keeps a journal so maybe we'll get another writer in the family.

Meanwhile, I'm watching all the kids walk home from school. This week is state-wide testing which is a BIG deal here. They look a little draggy, poor things. (Yes, kids walk home on their own two feet in this neighborhood. Shocking, I know.)

Old 04-11-2011, 05:45 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
So tomorrow I have an interview with a marketing company.
They were very impressed with my resume and they want me to come in at noon tomorrow and interview with them and the dress is business professional.

Uhhh shiiiiit. I have NOTHING remotely business professional, literally nothing at all, I have a few pairs of black dress pants from the juniors section at Kohls and a couple of poorly fitting button ups and sparkly heels from past proms.

I can't go in wearing what I have to wear, I really can't.
I also have a pair of black heels but they are way too high.

I am screwed. I don't think I am going to go.
And if its cold tomorrow I am screwed, I have Hollister zip ups and ski jacket.

I don't know what to do.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:49 PM

Zimbo, I took your advice on wearing nice undies. I wore a lacy zebra thong!

Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So tomorrow I have an interview with a marketing company.
They were very impressed with my resume and they want me to come in at noon tomorrow and interview with them and the dress is business professional.

Uhhh shiiiiit. I have NOTHING remotely business professional, literally nothing at all, I have a few pairs of black dress pants from the juniors section at Kohls and a couple of poorly fitting button ups and sparkly heels from past proms.

I can't go in wearing what I have to wear, I really can't.
I also have a pair of black heels but they are way too high.

I am screwed. I don't think I am going to go.
And if its cold tomorrow I am screwed, I have Hollister zip ups and ski jacket.

I don't know what to do.
Wake up early and do your hair and makeup. Be at Kohls the moment it opens. They sell shoes and everything you need.

Hit the sales racks and plan to change in your car or a fast food restaurant before the interview.

You can do this. It's time your wardrobe grew up anyway. It's not a waste of money to get a professional outfit.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Atta girl! See, didn't it make you feel like you were all that?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You guys are too funny! Wouldn't it be nice if nice undies were truly the solution to every problem?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I felt so sassy. I also had on sheer-to-waist black stockings. I felt so naughty in the bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting