Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Wake up early and do your hair and makeup. Be at Kohls the moment it opens. They sell shoes and everything you need.

Hit the sales racks and plan to change in your car or a fast food restaurant before the interview.

You can do this. It's time your wardrobe grew up anyway. It's not a waste of money to get a professional outfit.
I don't have the money to do that, even that, I have to save what money I do have to pay bills next month, because if I can't pay my car insurance then I won't be able to drive because they will arrest you and tow your car if you drive without car insurance.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:11 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
Question for you Colorado folks!

Would it be worthwhile to take a summer vacation to CO? Originally we were thinking Washington DC, but my parents have a condo in Aspen and now we're all thinking a relaxing (with some adventure too!) vacation is the way to go. What outdoor activities would be suitable for three 40 something parents and 8 kids, between the ages of 16 and 7? Is there enough to do to last us a week? How is the rafting scene? None of us have ever tried it (so nothing too intense!) but would like to give it a whirl.

We'd fly into Denver, maybe spend a day in the city (?) and then spend the remainder of the week in Aspen. Thoughts?!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Strawflower - I've never been to Aspen....so I couldn't about that specifically (other than $$$)...there is plenty to do in the mountains in the summertime. Rafting (not too early in the summer though because the water is too fast yet and cold) is available in all kinds of different levels....mountain biking is popular, hiking, shopping...whatever. Other places to consider are Steamboat Springs, Vail...

Old 04-11-2011, 06:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So tomorrow I have an interview with a marketing company.
They were very impressed with my resume and they want me to come in at noon tomorrow and interview with them and the dress is business professional.

Uhhh shiiiiit. I have NOTHING remotely business professional, literally nothing at all, I have a few pairs of black dress pants from the juniors section at Kohls and a couple of poorly fitting button ups and sparkly heels from past proms.

I can't go in wearing what I have to wear, I really can't.
I also have a pair of black heels but they are way too high.

I am screwed. I don't think I am going to go.
And if its cold tomorrow I am screwed, I have Hollister zip ups and ski jacket.

I don't know what to do.
go to a second hand store and look for something.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
go to a second hand store and look for something.
Right now I have enough money to pay for my car insurance next month and a portion of my cell phone, my friend has my old blackberry which I can sell and there is the rest of my phone payment and some for gas.

Spending my money is too big of a gamble.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I don't have the money to do that, even that, I have to save what money I do have to pay bills next month, because if I can't pay my car insurance then I won't be able to drive because they will arrest you and tow your car if you drive without car insurance.
this is why you need a credit card! can you borrow money from your mom?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Right now I have enough money to pay for my car insurance next month and a portion of my cell phone, my friend has my old blackberry which I can sell and there is the rest of my phone payment and some for gas.

Spending my money is too big of a gamble.
Use some common sense txt. If you show up to the interview looking like a slob, you will definitely not get the job. Either you are serious about trying to get the job, or you are already looking for excuses, and attempting to sabotage it? If you plan on going for more job interviews, then invest a few buck in a smart shirt, pair of trousers, and a nice pair of shoes. You can go to a thrift store and pick up all 3 of those things for about $10, or spend a little more at Target, hell even Walmart will do. You are a big girl now, time to pull it together.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 PM

or borrow clothes from your mom.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
this is why you need a credit card! can you borrow money from your mom?
AHahahahahahahahahah riiiiiight, you mean from my grandmother....my mom has no money of her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Use some common sense txt. If you show up to the interview looking like a slob, you will definitely not get the job. Either you are serious about trying to get the job, or you are already looking for excuses, and attempting to sabotage it? If you plan on going for more job interviews, then invest a few buck in a smart shirt, pair of trousers, and a nice pair of shoes. You can go to a thrift store and pick up all 3 of those things for about $10, or spend a little more at Target, hell even Walmart will do. You are a big girl now, time to pull it together.
If I can't afford to get something better I will not be going and will just go find a part time job that I can work during police academy.

Quote:
or borrow clothes from your mom.
My mom wears a size 12 in pants, I'm a size 6, she's not even the same size as me and she doesn't even own anything remotely dressy, she has very little that she wears and she mostly wears sweat pants.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Can't you borrow clothing from friends? Or go to goodwill? Seriously they have stuff for like $6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting