Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 06:56 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times

Advertisements

Morning all!

Thanks for thinking of us. Hmmm... it did not go particularly well. MissFR did not want to go and was mad as a banshee the while I was there. They seemed very prepared for it though and I did a quick exit, which seemed best considering - I think she would have never settled down otherwise.

She was a bit hysterical. But I think she'll be alright once they start playing. They have the church auditorium to play in and they have scooters, so she should be enamored of that right there.

Oh goodness, I and MrFR are a bit weepy though. He's gone off to work - it's gonna be a long 4 hours. (I'm ok. Maybe I just need some Schweddy Balls).

Old 09-08-2011, 07:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Aww, sorry Fin. I'd bet you anything it was way tougher on you than her. I'm sure she's having a grand old time now.

A tub of Schweddy Balls is bound to do the trick!

Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Morning all!

Cranky pants - I can relate as DH as all sorts of things that bing in the night. (Get your minds out of the gutter everyone!).

Fin - I'm sure she'll be fine. I don't think anyone could be as bad as I was when dropped off at preschool. The stories my mom can tell. I am actually still friends with two people I went to preschool with!

num - I was wondering what the situation with the dolphin was after seeing that commercial so many times. Thanks for sharing that.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:54 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
num - I was wondering what the situation with the dolphin was after seeing that commercial so many times. Thanks for sharing that.
The thing I find amazing about Winter the dolphin's story is that the story is so amazing that even a 6 year old was able to grasp that this is a special story. Usually kids don't quite get how big a situation is, but kids are amazed by this. I think it is really cool. For some reason, in my head I keep thinking it is this generation's Free Willy, but with a twist. Oh, and a couple of great things that came out of the movie is the publicity for a small aquarium so they are making more sales on tickets now and that the studio built some new stuff at the aquarium so they have a nice new pool and some new equipment. That is great because I had heard (not sure if it is true) that the place was struggling to compete with the bigger names around here.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:06 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,753,437 times
Good morning all!

Ewag! No way! Port Jeff really! Hey at least the motorcycle club watched your car for you. I love Port Jeff and if things ever change with us, Mr. X and I would consider buying a house out there. I highly doubt it though. Too expensive and taxes too high! Fire Island...yes it is just a beach to Long Islanders. The first time I experienced it was with some gay friends of mine. They asked me to come out and we partyed at the Ice Palace and afterwards we were suppose to go sleep at a hotel but they didn't allow females! We even told them I was a lesbian so they couldn't say that ohh she is straight too so double no. So we ended up sleeping on the dock! OOOH I couldn't wait to get home my legs and back were killing me. At least I got a free breakfast out of it and they paid for the trip.

Get some extra sleep today! Not fair you have to hear all the hi tech toys going off.

Zimbo and Dew looking forward to your commentary today.

Nummy icecream is good for you. Loads of calcium and can help prevent osteoporsis. Being a prego I now look at the positive side of eating naughty things. Are you taking her to see the movie?

Finn the first week is always the hardest. Next week she won't bother saying goodbye and sprint to class! Shweddy balls does sound good right now and will make you feel better.

Hopes good luck at school!

JKcoop I hope you have a wonderful day.

Ladies I am taking Fin's 12 step program and Hopes motivation. Got loads to do, writing appeals letters to health insurance companies, yelling at medical billing companies, chores, finishing my book and most of all nursing a sick Toddler back to health. Phew! So I am off and wish everyone all a great day!

XX

Mrs. X

Old 09-08-2011, 08:26 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Ladies I am taking Fin's 12 step program and Hopes motivation. Got loads to do
Sigh...me too.

And I have to figure out something to put at the back door or I'm going to have a long winter mopping the hardwood floor. I love the floor but every time it's the least bit wet and the dog comes in, her foot prints are all over.

Hopes, I'll be thinking of you today when I'm in the dentist chair getting the other half of my teeth scraped!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
morning all! In 1/2 hour the kids will both be off to school and I'll be alone to catch up on laundry and chores, and maybe CE unit #8 out of 24. Tonight we are quadruple booked, and obviously can't make it to everything. Book club for me is out, and soccer practice and therapy for DS. We're going with the scout meeting. It is frustrating when that happens. I hate missing things.

Is that dolphin movie based on a true story? It looks like something my kids would like.

I'm sorry miss FR is still having trouble. I'm sure it will get better.

Hopes, enjoy your afternoon.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Morning all....nice and cool again here. I'm loving it....such nice sleeping weather...and I get to wear something other than the same old stuff I've been wearing all summer.

FR - good luck today - I'd bet things improved for MissFR once things got going....hoping it goes more smoothly next time!

ewag - LOL @ the motorcycle gang watching the car - I misread it and thought you said "washed" my car and I was thinking that was unusual but very nice!

Coop - yes, we have rugs at every door....and sometimes footprints also....still better than vacuuming/shampooing carpet IMO though.

Good luck to everyone who has a list of things to accomplish today....I have work, then need to stop at the vet to pick up allergy meds then hair appt.....thinking of working only 1/2 day....I'm not anticipating being busy...but though could change. Guess I'll see how it goes.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning all!

Thanks for thinking of us. Hmmm... it did not go particularly well. MissFR did not want to go and was mad as a banshee the while I was there. They seemed very prepared for it though and I did a quick exit, which seemed best considering - I think she would have never settled down otherwise.

She was a bit hysterical. But I think she'll be alright once they start playing. They have the church auditorium to play in and they have scooters, so she should be enamored of that right there.

Oh goodness, I and MrFR are a bit weepy though. He's gone off to work - it's gonna be a long 4 hours. (I'm ok. Maybe I just need some Schweddy Balls).
Aw, Fin, hugs to you and Mr FR! I totally agree it's probably harder on us than on the kiddos! How did our little babies get so big??

I'll bet Miss FR is doing awesome now that she's had a chance to settle in a bit. Scooters - that's just cool! The great thing about these preschool teachers is that they've seen every possible "goodbye to parents" situation before, so they're well-prepared to help ease the transition.

Mmmm, 10 am ice cream - that sounds like a LOVELY idea! Hope you're doing ok while you wait - can't wait to hear what Miss FR has to say when you go pick her up!!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Ok - update. As soon as I posted my post, the preschool called. I thought "oh no she's out the first day" - it was her teacher, and she said "MissFR is doing great, I was going to call you and tell you that anyway - but the school is flooded and we need to send the kids home".

So I go get her and she is happily scooting around the auditorium and doesn't want to come home. The teachers said she was just fine, a bit wary of them but that the other kids will help with that.

Very interesting first day of school, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting