Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times

Advertisements

I have a vent story.

My husband replaced the stainless steel kitchen sink with a deeper cast iron sink (that I love!). The new sink is very heavy, so he took apart the cabinets underneath in order to reinforce them. That was *cough* a couple months ago, and the undersink cabinet is still in pieces. The AC vent comes up through the floor there, so there's a vent in the kickplate, because the "floor" of the cabinet covers the vent, a couple of inches above. So the air comes up through the floor and whooshes out at the bottom of the cabinet when it's all put together ... got me so far?

The AC duct is several inches across, and my cats are intensely interested in it, especially the kitten. The other day he went down the duct and wound up across the kitchen, meowing behind the vent next to the table!

On the upside, that section of AC duct is nice and cleaned out now.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Hulu - Arrested Development: Merry Christmas Bluths

Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

mmm balls 4 - YouTube

GiggleDude likes Schweddy Balls, too.

(Turn it up, y'all).
Awesome Fin!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I have a vent story.

My husband replaced the stainless steel kitchen sink with a deeper cast iron sink (that I love!). The new sink is very heavy, so he took apart the cabinets underneath in order to reinforce them. That was *cough* a couple months ago, and the undersink cabinet is still in pieces. The AC vent comes up through the floor there, so there's a vent in the kickplate, because the "floor" of the cabinet covers the vent, a couple of inches above. So the air comes up through the floor and whooshes out at the bottom of the cabinet when it's all put together ... got me so far?

The AC duct is several inches across, and my cats are intensely interested in it, especially the kitten. The other day he went down the duct and wound up across the kitchen, meowing behind the vent next to the table!

Julia I don't know whether to laugh or tell your hubby off! That poor kitten! Like you said at least the duct is clean. LOL.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I have a vent story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Julia I don't know whether to laugh or tell your hubby off! That poor kitten! Like you said at least the duct is clean. LOL.
Sorry - I laughed...

Although, anything unfinished in my kitchen would have me nagging so bad DH would want to finish it. We have a heavy sink of some sort too - (not sure what it is? maybe like what you have...) and we had to get special order sink do dads to match. Well, one started chipping recently. So we go and order a new one. And it sat, and sat, and sat on his workbench for about a month. And I would keep asking, "you gone to replace that?" every weekend. Granted, it did take a month, but it finally got done. It was driving me nuts to look at the peeling thingy knowing the new one was in the garage.....

Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Ha! That was hysterical. I don't know how many people were caught out doing that, singing with their family along with the radio and then it dawning on someone what they were actually singing.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Julia, I'm picturing a very dirty, mad, loud kitten when he was finally rescued.

Major hot god at Target this morning. Major.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Sorry, I laughed too, Julia! I'm so glad kitty found her way through the ductwork without getting lost forever!

Glad to hear MrsFR's day turned for the better. Sounds like she'll adjust just fine once she gets used to it.

LMSN was very mellow today. He's a non-issue.

Dew, I'm seeing hot gods everywhere lately. Are they multiplying? Or are we on hot god alert more these days?

Heading downstairs to spend the afternoon with hubby. I'm looking forward to going somewhere, anywhere, with him today.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Dew, I'm seeing hot gods everywhere lately. Are they multiplying? Or are we on hot god alert more these days?
Hot gods multiplying. Let us hope so!

I'm always on hot god alert. My mother was a hot god spotter. Come to think of it her mother was a hot god spotter. I can remember watching an old Montgomery Clift movie with her when I was about 12. She said something like, "You think he's good looking? We're going to watch a Richard Widmark movie next." Oh, yes. Long line of hot god spotters.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:08 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,199,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post

Makes me sad as their space is being invaded upon really.
As a Floridian, I'll give that consideration to the alligators and black bears. But as far as the coyotes go, people were here long before they were. They got to my part of the state around the 1970s, if the county website is to be believed.

And the other invasive species, like the Nile monitors in Cape Coral and pythons in the Everglades, I figure are just asking for assisted suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting