Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I will. I'm guessing it's unlikely because we've had complications and the general rule is not after 36 weeks without complications, but you're right that I need to double check. Hopefully we'll also know more about Pop's prognosis tomorrow.

Ha - I think I could convince him I can handle it - I just don't think I can convince him to miss it. But I have about three backup plans of family and friends staying here/being on-call that I set up for when he was out of town last week that I can activate if need be. A good girl scout is always prepared. I think I'm going to use the tack of "by the time we are done discussing this, you could be there and back already."
EWAG I will be thinking of you and your family. Tons of hugs to you!

Nite Nite ladies.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
I don't want to be the reason he didn't get to say goodbye, y'know?
Quote:
Ha - I think I could convince him I can handle it - I just don't think I can convince him to miss it.
If he insists on staying, stop guilting yourself as the reason he doesn't go. Put it into perspective. You're not the reason. The baby is the reason.

Quote:
I think I'm going to use the tack of "by the time we are done discussing this, you could be there and back already."
Good plan!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Geez - I take a nap and make dinner and miss a whole world of stuff on here!

Need to catch up, but I wanted to solicit everyone's best thoughts and/or prayers - my husband's grandfather is back in the hospital after a very severe heart attack and fluid-filled lungs. Apparently, he came very close to not making it this afternoon. DH is freaking out. Pop is like a father to him. So, please any good thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks ladies.
(((((hugs ewag!)))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I wore one for a few weeks. Hated it too. Instead, I taught myself to relax my mouth. I was surprised to realize that I clenched my teeth tight even when I was awake. The trick is to touch the tip of your tongue to the front roof of your mouth, just above your front teeth. Your jaw relaxes into it's natural position. Since I've trained myself to do it, I don't get any jaw pain or headaches anymore. I don't grind at night either.

Even my son, who we all know has the worst anxiety imaginable, only grinds his teeth while sleeping during extremely high stress periods. (I know this because I spent many hours in his room using his computer while he's sleeping.) This is where anti-anxiety medicine comes into play. I'd much rather treat my anxiety than wear a mouth guard.

I highly recommend Nyquill. It works much better than benedryl or OTC sleeping medications. It's awesome deep sleep. It doesn't lose its effectiveness, no build up of tollerance. And I've never had a problem with stopping usage. There have been times I've used it for a month straight. I thought I'd have trouble falling asleep without it once I felt I didn't need it anymore, but I didn't have a problem. My son now uses it too when needed. Yep, Nyquill is how we cured is chronic insomnia. Once he was getting better sleep, his daytime anxiety decreased dramatically too.
I would rather treat the anxiety too, but I'm afraid of getting addicted to the meds. I have some to use as needed. Is there an OTC muscle relaxer? That's what I'd really like to take. When I can't sleep I either take 1 Tylenol PM or a Midnight (melatonin). When I'm actually sick I take Less Drowsy NyQuil. I wake up more easily in the morning than with regular nyquil.

page 999

Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
(((((hugs ewag!)))))

I would rather treat the anxiety too, but I'm afraid of getting addicted to the meds. I have some to use as needed. Is there an OTC muscle relaxer? That's what I'd really like to take. When I can't sleep I either take 1 Tylenol PM or a Midnight (melatonin). When I'm actually sick I take Less Drowsy NyQuil. I wake up more easily in the morning than with regular nyquil.

page 999
I am so wound up and anxious from everything that I cannot sleep well at night. I wake up so often or I grind my teeth to the point that my jaw hurt in the am. I took some tylenol pm last night.

And there are no over the counter muscle relaxers, I wish. It would be perfect for my neck and upper back muscles.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:06 PM

970 posts, read 2,214,334 times
I am sending good thoughts to ewag.

I grind my teeth sometimes when I sleep but it's not nearly as bad as it was during college. When I catch myself clenching my jaw during the day I force myself to relax it. I think it translates to less tooth grinding at night. Unfortunately I still get stress induced migraines

Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate having you here to bounce things off of more than you know.

Hopes, you're right -thanks. I'm a tad over-emotional at the moment and not thinking as clearly as I could be.

So here's a funny story:
I was on the back porch with DH and the "you could be there and back" conversation was going well when we discovered LSE apparently has a stealth mode.

Not picked up on the monitor, two hours after he went to bed, he managed to wake up, come down two flights of stairs, turn on the phone intercom, gather a pirate hat, a cowboy hat and a bucket and wander onto the porch, where perky as can be he distributed the "hats" to DH and I. At which point, he noticed DH was playing Angry Birds and oh so casually says "Oh! Angry Birds! Yes, please!," takes the Ipad and proceeds to play like it's two o'clock in the afternoon.

I admit it - poor mommying moment - I cracked up. We have been trying to snuggle him into submission ever since. Three year olds are such quirky little creatures! But his timing was fantastic -lord knows we needed the laugh!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:24 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
I was on the back porch with DH and the "you could be there and back" conversation was going well when we discovered LSE apparently has a stealth mode.
Not picked up on the monitor, two hours after he went to bed, he managed to wake up, come down two flights of stairs, turn on the phone intercom, gather a pirate hat, a cowboy hat and a bucket and wander onto the porch, where perky as can be he distributed the "hats" to DH and I. At which point, he noticed DH was playing Angry Birds and oh so casually says "Oh! Angry Birds! Yes, please!," takes the Ipad and proceeds to play like it's two o'clock in the afternoon.
I admit it - poor mommying moment - I cracked up. We have been trying to snuggle him into submission ever since. Three year olds are such quirky little creatures!
That's very cute - I would have cracked up too. That's not a poor mommying moment - it's living in the moment. Enjoy them while you can.

Who wore the bucket?

Old 09-08-2011, 09:25 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
That's very cute - I would have cracked up too. That's not a poor mommying moment - it's living in the moment. Enjoy them while you can.

Who wore the bucket?
That was for DH.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate having you here to bounce things off of more than you know.

Hopes, you're right -thanks. I'm a tad over-emotional at the moment and not thinking as clearly as I could be.

So here's a funny story:

I admit it - poor mommying moment - I cracked up. We have been trying to snuggle him into submission ever since. Three year olds are such quirky little creatures! But his timing was fantastic -lord knows we needed the laugh!
that's cute. I must have missed what LSE stands for.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:28 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Ewag - too funny! That is such a cute age....

Been wanting to comment but been downstairs watching football and Project Runway....it's a pain to type anything more than I have to on my Nook...but I can lurk!

Regarding ground turkey - I have never been able to bring myself to use it. Sorry. Just doesn't sound good. We rarely eat red meat anymore and I don't have any problem using turkey or chicken sausage or veggie burgers...but if something calls for ground beef...I just use ground beef. Just not very often. For spaghetti - we use turkey Italian sausage links cut into bite sized pieces.

My tendonitis is finally starting to resolve itself. I still feel it occasionally but not too often. Yay!

Sorry about the teeth grinding/tension .... and Nyquil - no can do. I struggle to wake up and feel groggy the next day if I take Nyquil. If I need to I'll take a Tylenol PM - or 1/2 of a OTC sleep aid....

And as to page 999 - much better than 666!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting