Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times

Advertisements

Geez - I take a nap and make dinner and miss a whole world of stuff on here!

Need to catch up, but I wanted to solicit everyone's best thoughts and/or prayers - my husband's grandfather is back in the hospital after a very severe heart attack and fluid-filled lungs. Apparently, he came very close to not making it this afternoon. DH is freaking out. Pop is like a father to him. So, please any good thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks ladies.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
You got it ewag. Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:43 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
Absolutely EWAG.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Anyone wear a night guard for teeth grinding? I just got one and i hate it!
I wore one for a few weeks. Hated it too. Instead, I taught myself to relax my mouth. I was surprised to realize that I clenched my teeth tight even when I was awake. The trick is to touch the tip of your tongue to the front roof of your mouth, just above your front teeth. Your jaw relaxes into it's natural position. Since I've trained myself to do it, I don't get any jaw pain or headaches anymore. I don't grind at night either.

Even my son, who we all know has the worst anxiety imaginable, only grinds his teeth while sleeping during extremely high stress periods. (I know this because I spent many hours in his room using his computer while he's sleeping.) This is where anti-anxiety medicine comes into play. I'd much rather treat my anxiety than wear a mouth guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'll try benadryl or something similar.
I highly recommend Nyquill. It works much better than benedryl or OTC sleeping medications. It's awesome deep sleep. It doesn't lose its effectiveness, no build up of tollerance. And I've never had a problem with stopping usage. There have been times I've used it for a month straight. I thought I'd have trouble falling asleep without it once I felt I didn't need it anymore, but I didn't have a problem. My son now uses it too when needed. Yep, Nyquill is how we cured is chronic insomnia. Once he was getting better sleep, his daytime anxiety decreased dramatically too.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 PM

Keeping your family in my thoughts ewag!

Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Ewag - so very sorry to hear about DH's grandpa. Sending positive thoughts.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I'm trying to talk DH into flying down to FL but he's reluctant to leave me here so pregnant and I'm reasonably sure I can't fly at this point. If god forbid the worst happens, I don't want to be the reason he didn't get to say goodbye, y'know? Arg, this really sucks. I am so profoundly sad right now.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Thanks so much everyone. I'm trying to talk DH into flying down to FL but he's reluctant to leave me here so pregnant and I'm reasonably sure I can't fly at this point. If god forbid the worst happens, I don't want to be the reason he didn't get to say goodbye, y'know? Arg, this really sucks. I am so profoundly sad right now.
Don't assume you can't fly. Call your doctor. Find out for sure.

If you can't go, is there any way possible to convince him that you can handle delivery without him?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Need to catch up, but I wanted to solicit everyone's best thoughts and/or prayers - my husband's grandfather is back in the hospital after a very severe heart attack and fluid-filled lungs. Apparently, he came very close to not making it this afternoon. DH is freaking out. Pop is like a father to him. So, please any good thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks ladies.
So sorry and thinking of you!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Don't assume you can't fly. Call your doctor. Find out for sure.

If you can't go, is there any way possible to convince him that you can handle delivery without him?
I will. I'm guessing it's unlikely because we've had complications and the general rule is not after 36 weeks without complications, but you're right that I need to double check. Hopefully we'll also know more about Pop's prognosis tomorrow.

Ha - I think I could convince him I can handle it - I just don't think I can convince him to miss it. But I have about three backup plans of family and friends staying here/being on-call that I set up for when he was out of town last week that I can activate if need be. A good girl scout is always prepared. I think I'm going to use the tack of "by the time we are done discussing this, you could be there and back already."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting