Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,669 times

Advertisements

My daughter came home yesterday from playing outside with a couple of neighborhood kids and said she came in early because she was over at one of the neighbors house and they were playing with a first aid kit they found, well the mom came out of the house and asked what they were doing, so my daughter said the young girl (daughter) said they could play with it. Well the Mom starts yelling at the daughter, comes over, spanks her really hard on the butt, then says to her, "why do you have to be such a F**king B**ch" and "go to your F**king room". This isn't the first time I have either heard or have been told of parents calling daughters B**ches or calling their kid a moron, idiot, stupid etc...

Would you or have you even spoken to your young child like this. If so why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 01:45 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Only from people who dont know any better and yes I have heard ppl yelling at their kids in the grocery store like this and no one including the mgr says anything to the parent . I asked a manager one time why none of the employees said anything and he said because if the parent called corporate that employee would be out of a job . I dont know about this woman she seems like she is pretty low class and needs anger management classes to control her temper . Have you talked to any one else in the neighborhood and see if there have been any other instances of other times that she has acted out like that ? There is never any need to talk to a child like that ever .

Old 06-02-2011, 01:50 PM

839 posts, read 2,417,123 times
I've lost my temper with my kids and cussed at them, but I would never call one of my kids or my wife a bi t ch.

I think a lot of parents are guilty of an occasional, "Dammit! Stop climbing on that!", but the mother was way out of line in this case.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:52 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,993 times
No one should ever cuss at their kids with such crazy profanity.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:53 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Only from people who dont know any better and yes I have heard ppl yelling at their kids in the grocery store like this and no one including the mgr says anything to the parent . I asked a manager one time why none of the employees said anything and he said because if the parent called corporate that employee would be out of a job . I dont know about this woman she seems like she is pretty low class and needs anger management classes to control her temper . Have you talked to any one else in the neighborhood and see if there have been any other instances of other times that she has acted out like that ? There is never any need to talk to a child like that ever .
No I haven't spoken to anyone else. They are the only family with kids, the rest pretty much stay to themselves. I have spoken with her and I never would have thought she would be like this. I told my daughter I didn't want her over there anymore, this poor girl is only 5 years old and being called these horrible names.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
I don't even use the word "stupid" around my child. I don't know why I hate when someone calls another person stupid, but it really bothers me. I can't imagine calling DD a female dog. That doesn't even make sense. .

Seriously though, that is out of line. I am a pretty laid back parent, but my DD wouldn't be going over to that house any more. Who knows when mom might get comfortable enough that she starts calling your DD those names. I also just wouldn't want my daughter around those kinds of relationships.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:57 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times
Not in front of witnesses i wouldnt

Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
I treat my children with AT LEAST as much respect as I do my co-workers, boss, total strangers and neighbors. I will never understand people that treat their children poorly. Don't they realize these kids will most likely be in charge of you when you are elderly. And payback is a bltch!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramc27 View Post
My daughter came home yesterday from playing outside with a couple of neighborhood kids and said she came in early because she was over at one of the neighbors house and they were playing with a first aid kit they found, well the mom came out of the house and asked what they were doing, so my daughter said the young girl (daughter) said they could play with it. Well the Mom starts yelling at the daughter, comes over, spanks her really hard on the butt, then says to her, "why do you have to be such a F**king B**ch" and "go to your F**king room". This isn't the first time I have either heard or have been told of parents calling daughters B**ches or calling their kid a moron, idiot, stupid etc...

Would you or have you even spoken to your young child like this. If so why?

That kind of mom makes me so mad..

Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I treat my children with AT LEAST as much respect as I do my co-workers, boss, total strangers and neighbors. I will never understand people that treat their children poorly. Don't they realize these kids will most likely be in charge of you when you are elderly. And payback is a bltch!!!
When my mom frustrates me, I threaten to throw her in an un-airconditioned nursing home and give the staff strict instructions that she must always be fully dressed in flannel with a thick blanket on her.

We live in FL by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting