Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A Clarksville, Tenn., mother was arrested Saturday after leaving her three children in a Dodge Durango, where inside temperatures exceeded 150 degrees.

Around 1 p.m. Saturday, Clarksville police found two boys, both 8 weeks old, and a 5-year-old girl inside the car outside a shopping center at 1626 Ft. Campbell Blvd., according to a press release.

Mother arrested after babies left in SUV with triple-digit heat | The Tennessean | tennessean.com
Call the firing squad !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,873,576 times
It's either serious post partum depression or the mom has a seriously low IQ.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 PM

834 posts, read 2,684,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Wasn't that on Oprah a few years ago. The lady went to work and forgot the kids in the back because it wasnt her who drove them all the time.

I said then, she was GUILTY, she was too busy thinking about going to worked bringing the other co workers donughts....

she should have been jailed for murder.

no compassion for neglectful parents here. zero !
I don't know I don't watch Oprah, probably wasn't since what I'm referring to happened in Puerto Rico. This happened about a year or so ago.

I guess we can use these type of news to remind ourselves as parents to double-check on the back seat of the car..count the heads and make sure everyone is accounted for.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:38 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Wasn't that on Oprah a few years ago. The lady went to work and forgot the kids in the back because it wasnt her who drove them all the time.

I said then, she was GUILTY, she was too busy thinking about going to worked bringing the other co workers donughts....

she should have been jailed for murder.

no compassion for neglectful parents here. zero !
It happens every year or so. Some years ago it was on Long Island--the father was supposed to drop the baby at daycare in the morning and the mother would pick up the baby in the afternoon. The mother arrived in the afternoon only to find out that the baby was never there--called the father, who ran out to his car to find his baby dead in the back seat.

I bet that marriage didn't last.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:13 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,322,756 times
Seems like a trend. I wonder how many child abusers will figure out they'll get a 'pass' if they put their kid in a hot car and 'forget'??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting