Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

A Clarksville, Tenn., mother was arrested Saturday after leaving her three children in a Dodge Durango, where inside temperatures exceeded 150 degrees.

Around 1 p.m. Saturday, Clarksville police found two boys, both 8 weeks old, and a 5-year-old girl inside the car outside a shopping center at 1626 Ft. Campbell Blvd., according to a press release.

Mother arrested after babies left in SUV with triple-digit heat | The Tennessean | tennessean.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 04:57 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
why do people keep doing this???

Old 07-03-2011, 06:12 PM

834 posts, read 2,684,893 times
I can understand, somewhat, that these tragedies happen to the parent who is not used to driving the kids around. It's one of those things when the parent is driving on "auto-pilot" and they just plain and simply forgot (because is not what they are used to doing).
Now if it's a lazy parent that just decided to pick up something and leave the kids in the car because "it's easier" shame on them!
This particular article doesn't specify what happened to the mother...so I hope they can sort it out and provide proper couseling, consequences she deserves.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,858 times
Two baby boys, both 8 weeks old, and a 5-year-old girl were left inside the car outside a shopping center because the mother was too darn lazy to bring them w/ her. Enough said! Guilty as charged!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:09 PM

348 posts, read 850,195 times
Yet another example of a brain dead parent UNDESERVING of having children.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Houston_2010....I disagree with you.....I could absolutely NOT understand this happening to a parent...just because they're "not used" to carting the kids around....if anything I would think they'd be even more aware because of the rarity of the situation..........how can anyone forget they have 3 kids in the car??....Maybe this woman should have to sit in her car in the hot sun for a few hours so she can have an inkling of the suffering she imposed on her infant children.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 AM

970 posts, read 2,214,101 times
That woman is lazy. When it's that hot you don't "forget" that you have kids or pets in a car...unless you are on drugs/drunk, in which case you shouldn't be driving anyway!

Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
That's what I wonder too...

Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
That's what I wonder too...
So do I! I wonder because the other day Mr. X, Toddler X and I were at the gas station. Mr. X had to turn off the car to pump gas, within a few seconds the temperature increased in the car that I took Toddler X out and headed into the service station to get a drink and cool off.
Within a minute that I was gone, it took for the car to go from 80 degrees to 115. I could never, would never and not even think about leaving my child in a car.

It makes me angry to hear these stories.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_2010 View Post
I can understand, somewhat, that these tragedies happen to the parent who is not used to driving the kids around. It's one of those things when the parent is driving on "auto-pilot" and they just plain and simply forgot (because is not what they are used to doing).
Now if it's a lazy parent that just decided to pick up something and leave the kids in the car because "it's easier" shame on them!
This particular article doesn't specify what happened to the mother...so I hope they can sort it out and provide proper couseling, consequences she deserves.
I read an article about this in a parenting magazine, discussing several cases where kids were left in cars and died while the parent went off to work, etc. The article seemed to imply it is a common occurrence for parents to forget that their kids were in the car. It gave all sorts of strategies, like putting your purse in the back seat so you'll see your kid when you grab your purse, etc. In all my years of parenting, I never once forgot I had my kid(s) with me, even when they went to sleep in the car. I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I think it's the "curse of parenting", where each parent starts from ground zero, knowing nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting