Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Get all the facts first before you get all huffy and frustrated.
You have it wrong. Not huffy and frustrated. Just not interested.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Did you pay for your bed? If not, did you ask your mom if you can take the bed that you are using right now?
I took it with me when I moved out the first time. Why wouldn't I take it this time???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I was willing to cut him some slack if he was 20, but at 26 he should have his stuff together. Just be sensible Txt, don't let people take advantage of you.
He does have his stuff together.
He doesn't live with his parents, his bills are in his name, he maintains employment, he manages his money. He moved out here from all the way across the country, my mom sold a lot of our stuff to be able to afford the move out here....a lot of people might sell their cars instead of driving across the country.

He's been paying his roommate like $500 a month for something he should ONLY be paying $350 at the most for because she has a kid and is always short money.

He's currently working towards getting out of that apartment, when he does he has plans to buy a bed and with his tax refund this year he's probably going to buy himself a car.

He made a decision, he has waited to buy a car, he's being responsible.

It's like you guys are SEARCHING to find something wrong and then you're misinterpreting things and then picking it to death like vultures and then when I tell you here is how is it...you still don't accept what I am telling you and its like you want to believe the opposite of everything.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 AM

It's like you guys forget who's been pushing me to find a better job, to get back into school and achieve my goals.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh
TG is pretty awesome, he's hard working, he's smart, he has goals and he works towards them daily, he is on the brink of promotion and then the promotion AFTER that he will be making as much as I would as a cop. Which he's practically fast tracking it through his job.
He is money smart, he knows how to save, he knows how to spend wisely, he helps me not blow all my money.
He is a good cook, he actually cleans, like not just half-assed cleaning but he deep cleans.
He is responsible.
Most importantly he is kind, caring, loving and is always helping others.

So please don't compare him to someone who didn't have their crap together till their 40's. You don't know him. He is a very smart guy and is on track in his life.

Be wary of the guy on the *brink of a promotion*, because often that promotion never materializes. He might be a nice guy but i would agree saying at 26 he should have his act together a bit better. Don't let emotions get in the way of logic when it comes to seeing if things will be worth it long term with this guy is all i'm saying.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:53 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Though i will say he sounds far better than some of the bf's girls have in my group. Lord......dysfunctional with a capital DYS.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:55 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh
TG is pretty awesome, he's hard working, he's smart, he has goals and he works towards them daily, he is on the brink of promotion and then the promotion AFTER that he will be making as much as I would as a cop. Which he's practically fast tracking it through his job.
He is money smart, he knows how to save, he knows how to spend wisely, he helps me not blow all my money.
He is a good cook, he actually cleans, like not just half-assed cleaning but he deep cleans.
He is responsible.
Most importantly he is kind, caring, loving and is always helping others.

So please don't compare him to someone who didn't have their crap together till their 40's. You don't know him. He is a very smart guy and is on track in his life.
Let us know when TG has his stuff together. Talking about it and doing it are 2 different things. Why is he paying $150 more/month than he should be? That doesn't sound like someone who is smart with their money to me.

You don't get it. At 26 years old, my friend was in the same spot TG is. no car, moving from apartment to apartment, hanging out with his friends, no real career path. not making much money. I don't know why you see it as 2 different things. They seem quite similar to me.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
It's like you guys forget who's been pushing me to find a better job, to get back into school and achieve my goals.
so when does school start?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Be wary of the guy on the *brink of a promotion*, because often that promotion never materializes. He might be a nice guy but i would agree saying at 26 he should have his act together a bit better. Don't let emotions get in the way of logic when it comes to seeing if things will be worth it long term with this guy is all i'm saying.
His previous job, he was promoted to manager in three months.
And you guys don't know his life back home a lot different that it is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Though i will say he sounds far better than some of the bf's girls have in my group. Lord......dysfunctional with a capital DYS.
He is far from dysfunctional...he is the most stable and responsible person I know.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Take it to the Relationships forum, please, or a blog. One person's issues cannot take over this thread.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Let us know when TG has his stuff together. Talking about it and doing it are 2 different things. Why is he paying $150 more/month than he should be? That doesn't sound like someone who is smart with their money to me.

You don't get it. At 26 years old, my friend was in the same spot TG is. no car, moving from apartment to apartment, hanging out with his friends, no real career path. not making much money. I don't know why you see it as 2 different things. They seem quite similar to me.
He's paying her extra because of how much of a broke troll she is.
And he isn't hopping from apartment to apartment either.
When he moved out here he came with his older sister and her husband and then found this apartment and has been there the whole time I've known him.
He was only with his sister for a few months before he moved into the apartment he is in now.
He doesn't "hang out". He and I spend time together when we don't have work, or we go over to ONE friends house and just sit around, we're not out spending money, we're just sitting, talking, and play a few games of pool.
He doesn't even really have friends here either. He doesn't go out, he saves his money, he and I spend time together doing things for free or we hang out
And you don't even know what he does for work, why are you assuming?

Seriously, he and I work hard, we work long days and then we spend time with each other and occasionally go over to his friends house, who just so happens to have some rooms for rent that he wants to share one of those rooms with me.

You guys should be happy he is finally moving towards the direction I want him to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting