Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 11:59 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Regardless, no one else is saying 93.4%. My stats are for recognized pregnancies.
Okayyyyy, Katiana.

In addition to sites saying over 50%, I already said I found several sites that said anywhere from 80% to 90%, which is still closer to what the doctor said.

There is a range of stats out there.

We would have to contact each source to ask where their figures came from and how recent the figures are to really settle on an exact figure.

Do you have that kind of time? I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 12:00 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,373,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Really! Where do people get ideas that no one expressed?

It is ALL sad.

I was sad at what happened to Josie in birth #19. I think Josie suffered greatly just trying to breathe and she has a congenital defect in her stomach. I was sad that Michelle was in danger of dying too. And I was sad to see the tears in Jim Bob's eyes as it was all happening on TV.

But their beliefs have invited the sadness in. I am sad that the Duggar's genuinely believe God wants them to soldier on and allow this to happen.
On the sites that displayed those photos, there was a lot of criticism for them taking those pictures, I think that was what the poster was referring to.

I think the pictures are beautiful, and I'm sorry for their loss, regardless of it being a first pregnancy or a 20th, it was still a life and I'm sure painful.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:04 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
On the sites that displayed those photos, there was a lot of criticism for them taking those pictures, I think that was what the poster was referring to.

I think the pictures are beautiful, and I'm sorry for their loss, regardless of it being a first pregnancy or a 20th, it was still a life and I'm sure painful.
Thanks for clarifying a comment that made no sense to City-Data posters, who never said anything negative about the photos.

I know the loss was terribly painful. I just wish they wouldn't invite more pain in the future.

But they will.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Okayyyyy, Katiana.

In addition to sites saying over 50%, I already said I found several sites that said anywhere from 80% to 90%, which is still closer to what the doctor said.

There is a range of stats out there.

We would have to contact each source to ask where their figures came from and how recent the figures are to really settle on an exact figure.

Do you have that kind of time? I don't.
No. I never intended to carry it this far. It seems you have to be right, so go ahead and believe your TV doctor.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Who had a problem with them? I don't recall anyone here having a problem.

Very nicely done, and brought tears to my eyes as the memories came back to me.

I am, however, chuckling at the fact that when I opened that page, right next to the photos there was an ad that said "Satan Stuff".
Not on this site. I saw comments on other sites about it though.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Really! Where do people get ideas that no one expressed?

It is ALL sad.

I was sad at what happened to Josie in birth #19. I think Josie suffered greatly just trying to breathe and she has a congenital defect in her stomach. I was sad that Michelle was in danger of dying too. And I was sad to see the tears in Jim Bob's eyes as it was all happening on TV.

But their beliefs have invited the sadness in. I am sad that the Duggar's genuinely believe God wants them to soldier on and allow this to happen.
Indeed. Nowhere in my post did I even hint that I was referring to CD people.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying a comment that made no sense to City-Data posters, who never said anything negative about the photos.

I know the loss was terribly painful. I just wish they wouldn't invite more pain in the future.

But they will.
City Data doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:31 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
I am aware that people do sometimes have pictures of recently deceased babies taken. I have only heard of it done after the baby was born alive, then passed. I've never heard of it for a fetus this young. It seems tasteful, the way it was done, but I don't think I'd have done that.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:36 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,153,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Not on this site. I saw comments on other sites about it though.
Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:39 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
You have to admire their unshakeable belief. Maybe she is helping others who have loss babies see it as an actual baby. Something that many forget.
She has alot of courage IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting