Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 09:38 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,973 times

Advertisements

he's not smart. Smart is reserved for the kids who make it into the ivies. your kid is dumb and a soon to be criminal. let me guess, his dad is the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 01:07 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivasapp View Post
There is a lot that I'm not saying he acts up all the time even over pop cus i won't let him have a a pop
A pop? Like of heroin?

You've got some problems there beyond "acting up"

Old 06-25-2016, 01:19 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
I think she means pop as in soda. Some parts of the country we call it pop.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I think she means pop as in soda. Some parts of the country we call it pop.
Oh DUH! Lmao, I didn't even think that.

I must have been in the sun too long.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:27 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,976,844 times
LOL - I couldn't quite figure out what she meant either. I was thinking she was trying to say the kid didn't have a dad.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
LOL - I couldn't quite figure out what she meant either. I was thinking she was trying to say the kid didn't have a dad.
Lol

Old 12-04-2016, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,014 times
Twinkletoes, you said it perfect! You are right on spot!! A 16 year old is just a baby and doesn't believe any different. As a parent I do not believe our responsibility ends when our under age teenagers living at home start defying us. I think we make a stand and if they try to take off have them arrested and do some time in JD. I would much rather my son have a record than move away with adult friends that have made it clear they do not respect your wishes and most importantly disregard their 16 yr old friends best interest. I am going through a very similar situation. It has nothing to do with not having a role model,school,or not being fair rather his age and who he is hanging around. When he is 16 and friends are 18, 20, 21 or even older that smoke, don't have jobs and come and go as they please. He thinks he's being treated like a baby bc he is not able to CLEARLY understand he does not have those same privelages because he is only 16. Go talk face to face with his friends without your son. Block all of the friends that are adults and make you uncomfortable for him to be around. Talk to local law enforcement, again without him around to find out your options and ask for a little more monitoring of him when he's out. Ask that they do not go easy on him. If he's out past curfew, smoking, cutting through yards (trespassing), or anything they can pick him up for.. Do IT!! So he can see the softer side of what is to come if he continues disrespect for rules (law) and irresponsibility when he actually is 18 and considered an adult. My heart goes out to you. Don't give up!! And NEVER STOP showing how much you love him and how far you will go to protect and prepare him for all of life ahead. Don't move. Sit down and talk to him. Show him you are willing to try to find other ways of handling your health so he isn't away from all he knows. However you expect behavior changes and more responsible behavior from him. Remind him its for him. You'd rather move to feel better but you want it to be because you both want you to be healthy not for him to perceive it as punishment. May God bless you and your family.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:26 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Check the dates of the OP, new poster. Twinkletoe's son is now 25.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:38 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
I hope that your post is a weak attempt at humor. Kids shouldn't be afraid of their parents, they should respect them. One can't fear and respect a person at the same time.
Oh yes, one can!

Old 12-09-2016, 03:01 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Oh yes, one can!
No, actually, you cannot fear and respect someone at the same time.

Fear disempowers people. If you are afraid, you tend to go into survival mode. Fear breeds anxiety, cynicism, distrust and intimidation. Fear also creates children or people who will get over on you if they can.

Respect, otoh, encourages communication and creativity. Respect earns the trust of your children or other people. Fear does not do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting