Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:08 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times

Advertisements

Keep calling the police, eventually everyone will shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 11:30 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
excuse me , I'm not the problem. my other neighbors have been the problem.. if nothing was done by the landlord or after calling 311, we moved after the year lease. Moves were actually 6 times since 2013.
Yes, if you have constant problems with multiple sets of neighbors then you are the problem.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:31 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
if you guys have read my previous post regarding noise problems, you would understand where I'm coming from.. sometimes the only solution is to move if nothing is done. To assume it's me that's the problem? really? when I first moved to NYC, I lived in one apartment for 12 years no problems whatsoever w/ neighbors. A management co takes over my building, promise renovations, all tenants get temporarily displaced to other apartments and that's where the troubles started for us. They moved us to two different apartments before we were allowed to come back to our original apartment. Moved back to this apartment, mind you, no problems for years.. they in their gut rehab did NOT insulate the place at all like how it was before....prewar building. We ended up moving to another borough.. noisy neighbors there. Complained w/ ll.. told to handle the problem myself.. moved to another borough which was even worse than the last one.. cops called repeatedly, office, security downstairs.. all taped evidence inside and outside my apartment. Again, no fix. so we moved to this current apartment.. and now it's the same thing all over again except w/ a family w/ two children who are up at 9 am until 1 am literally banging, running, thumping, all day long. If it's not the children it's the parents fighting . Just this past Sunday, the cops were called by the wife for the husband.. domestic violence. We heard this whole commotion while home. The day after I get a notification of complaint.. yea, it's my fault people have no consideration.
NYC is loud and noisy. It's just the way it is. In your first post, you said you moved 10 times in 2-3 years which is ridiculous! Sounds like you are the problem. Of course someone retaliated by calling CPS. You've been calling the cops on others. Maybe mind your own business or move out of NYC.

Quote:
I'm Royally p@@ off . From my many postings, I've moved about 10 times in the past 2-3 years away from noisy neighbors.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:33 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Well, 3 pages in. The OP isn't coming back.

Id have to agree with the others here. If you have to move 10 times in 3 years....I think the prob is you

Old 05-28-2015, 11:38 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Jump through the CPS hoops and it will all be over eventually. A friend's former girlfriend called NY CPS on his ex-wife to harass her. They found her claims to be bogus and when the ex-girlfriend persisted, they sent her a letter telling her they would prosecute her for false reporting. CPS takes that kind of thing pretty seriously.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:40 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Moves were actually 6 times since 2013.
So in the last 17 months, you have moved an average of every three months.
That is nuts!

Old 05-28-2015, 12:16 PM

733 posts, read 853,576 times
Evidently none of you have had to rent in bad areas. Neighbors who are noisy and disruptive can make a person's life HELL. And if you can only move to another bad area, odds are you will get the horrible neighbors again. OP lives in NYC. Many jam-packed poor areas there, with absurd rents.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:38 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
Evidently none of you have had to rent in bad areas. Neighbors who are noisy and disruptive can make a person's life HELL. And if you can only move to another bad area, odds are you will get the horrible neighbors again. OP lives in NYC. Many jam-packed poor areas there, with absurd rents.
Then the OP should go to where they are not overcrowded and overpriced.
She obviously has no trouble moving.....

I've done poor housing projects... I know bad areas. Never had to call the cops over some noise.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:43 PM

544 posts, read 1,238,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Jump through the CPS hoops and it will all be over eventually. A friend's former girlfriend called NY CPS on his ex-wife to harass her. They found her claims to be bogus and when the ex-girlfriend persisted, they sent her a letter telling her they would prosecute her for false reporting. CPS takes that kind of thing pretty seriously.
I'm fully cooperating, home visit tomorrow probably.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:53 PM

482 posts, read 945,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post
News report comes on the radio, "People be aware, there is a crazy person driving the wrong way on the highway!", to which the driver of the vehicle says.. "what do you mean ONE? They are ALL crazy and they are ALL driving the wrong way!"
Not nice but tee hee hee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting