Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 09:06 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
I can't believe you're not deeply ashamed of having been coddled like a giant man-baby Did she even let you pick out your new big boy bed all by yourself??

At least she raised you right enough that you can admit it was Mommy's generosity and "prompting" that got you successfully to full grown adulthood.

It seems everyone can use a little help now and then, doesn't it?
Careful, the hypocrisy is way too strong with this post to him...

Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
You are what is wrong with this country. You are doing your sons a disservice in coddling them. Our jobs as responsible parents is to prepare them to be productive members of society with the ability to live on their own, have good jobs and take care of their own family - preparing your grandchildren to then do the same.

Geez.
I think jumping to conclusions like you did here is what's "wrong with this country"

Don has said many times his sons are successful, independent adults.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Careful, the hypocrisy is way too strong with this post to him...
He just ignored my post pointing out not just that, but that he had also admitted to having lived at home in his late 20s.

//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...l#post27597893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I returned home for a stint in my late 20's. Some people might think that odd, but they don't know how good my mother's coffee was. Also, I paid rent and was a conversational asset, as one would expect.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:29 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
I can't believe you're not deeply ashamed of having been coddled like a giant man-baby Did she even let you pick out your new big boy bed all by yourself??

At least she raised you right enough that you can admit it was Mommy's generosity and "prompting" that got you successfully to full grown adulthood.

It seems everyone can use a little help now and then, doesn't it?
My mother was weak and wrong to let me back in the door. What she should have done is say to me: I know you've got what it takes and I am going to enjoy seeing how you handle the difficulty of finding a place to live on your own. That would have been the correct procedure, and the fastest way to make me stronger. But, like many of the weak parents in this thread, she let me back in. And, she didn't demand rent, I offered because I was smart enough to understand my own transgression in taking this easy way out, and I self-regulated by paying market rent. Still not enough, I should not have gone back, but I showed some weakness also.

How's that dear? Unlike the pusillanimous pipsqueaks who proclaim they are right "because it feels good and because it's me", I am stating the truth. And it's the truth for everyone, regardless of the paint job they apply with phony words like compassion and warmth. Words which don't apply when you are screwing your kid out of their opportunity to be a functioning and competent adult. If you HAVE a 26 year old living at home, you should be ashamed of yourself. And if you ARE a 26 year old living at home, you should be ashamed of yourself. Unless you're retarded or crippled, a 26 year old needs to be in the world, on their own, taking care of business, and showing the world and themselves what they've got and what they're made of.

And since no one agrees with me and no one is going to do anything other than let their dopey adult former children continue to keep them company and assuage their guilt and wait for life to start in their 30s when they are 10-15 years from being middle-aged, I will move on to other controversies. Especially since in this fantastic era of Trump, the controversies are numerous, intense, and extremely entertaining. The only problem being there are so many that it is difficult to decide upon which ones to write about and which to let pass.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,049 times
Buh-bye, special snowflake

Old 02-02-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
My mother was weak and wrong to let me back in the door. What she should have done is say to me: I know you've got what it takes and I am going to enjoy seeing how you handle the difficulty of finding a place to live on your own. That would have been the correct procedure, and the fastest way to make me stronger. But, like many of the weak parents in this thread, she let me back in. And, she didn't demand rent, I offered because I was smart enough to understand my own transgression in taking this easy way out, and I self-regulated by paying market rent. Still not enough, I should not have gone back, but I showed some weakness also.

How's that dear? Unlike the pusillanimous pipsqueaks who proclaim they are right "because it feels good and because it's me", I am stating the truth. And it's the truth for everyone, regardless of the paint job they apply with phony words like compassion and warmth. Words which don't apply when you are screwing your kid out of their opportunity to be a functioning and competent adult. If you HAVE a 26 year old living at home, you should be ashamed of yourself. And if you ARE a 26 year old living at home, you should be ashamed of yourself. Unless you're retarded or crippled, a 26 year old needs to be in the world, on their own, taking care of business, and showing the world and themselves what they've got and what they're made of.

And since no one agrees with me and no one is going to do anything other than let their dopey adult former children continue to keep them company and assuage their guilt and wait for life to start in their 30s when they are 10-15 years from being middle-aged, I will move on to other controversies. Especially since in this fantastic era of Trump, the controversies are numerous, intense, and extremely entertaining. The only problem being there are so many that it is difficult to decide upon which ones to write about and which to let pass.
Good.

Take your arrogant judgmental *** out of here

Old 02-02-2017, 10:07 PM

290 posts, read 214,421 times
Quote:

nope...its only the truth in ur feeble mind.

i'm 27, and stayed at my parents house till I was 26. I have a good job, saved up a lot of money, no student debt, nice place of my own, and am independent n doing my own chores. i owe my parents big time. i was and am welcomed home as long as i went to school or was working and also contributing at least a bit around the house. wasn't ashamed whatsoever.

plenty of people in their 20's do the same...and they arent crippled or retarded...nor are their parents controlling them.

i guess in your mind...i must have been crippled or retarded :P

i take it you must have had a really crappy family growing up. your posts in this thread and in general are pretty indicative of that. not shocking ur single and never had a family of ur own. hell the fact that youd call your own mother weak for giving her own son a temporary place to stay at least is just further proof.

the only part i agree with is the fact that you told her you wanted to pay rent. i respect that and probably the only part of ur post.

now, if you meant that a 26 year old that still lives at home and doesn't work, go to school, contributes nothing around the house, sits at home all day, etc. then yeah, I obviously agree with you.

Last edited by 2kCity33; 02-02-2017 at 10:49 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Buh-bye, special snowflake
Lmao, you completely ran him out of this thread with his tail between his legs

I guess he couldn't handle the hypocrisy...

Old 02-02-2017, 10:28 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Good.

Take your arrogant judgmental *** out of here
His way is the correct way tho, bruh.

Some of his posts on this matter are really strange.

I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion, but I can't believe some of his.

He would tell my 33 year old best friend that's it's not correct for him to stay with his mother for 8 months out of the year, which is a favor she's done since he moved back to the area for work, instead of having to rent an apartment for $1400 bucks a month. Which he should know very well living in North Jersey and being a realtor.

Despite the fact that he owns 2 houses and one is paid off already and he makes $75k or so a year and this being the first time he's lived with his mother since he was 20 years old and almost 14 years ago. He should be living in a $1400 dollar a month apartment, despite not even being home every night because of traveling for work. And literally only being home at his mother's house long enough to do just sleep sometimes. She's enabling him to be a loser for the rest of his life. He might become a convicted felon and be living in prison next year.

Quote:
Lmao, you completely ran him out of this thread with his tail between his legs

I guess he couldn't handle the hypocrisy...
Don't get too excited. I'm sure he'll be back, and it will be faster than it took in the time between Terminator films 2 and 3 LOL.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
His way is the correct way tho, bruh.

Some of his posts on this matter are really strange.

I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion, but I can't believe some of his.

He would tell my 33 year old best friend that's it's not correct for him to stay with his mother for 8 months out of the year, which is a favor she's done since he moved back to the area for work, instead of having to rent an apartment for $1400 bucks a month. Which he should know very well living in North Jersey and being a realtor.

Despite the fact that he owns 2 houses and one is paid off already and he makes $75k or so a year and this being the first time he's lived with his mother since he was 20 years old and almost 14 years ago. He should be living in a $1400 dollar a month apartment, despite not even being home every night because of traveling for work. And literally only being home at his mother's house long enough to do just sleep sometimes. She's enabling him to be a loser for the rest of his life. He might become a convicted felon and be living in prison next year.

Don't get too excited. I'm sure he'll be back, and it will be faster than it took in the time between Terminator films 2 and 3 LOL.
Lol, a lot of his opinions are very strange in general. This isn't the first time I've gone at it with him.

For example, he also believes that if you aren't happily married, you're living a diminished life (which again, is false, but tries to pass it off as fact). Basically says a happily single person isn't truly happy

Like I said, he's entitled to his opinion, but it's when he (and anyone else) try to pass it off as fact is when I start calling them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting