Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 03:47 PM

8 posts, read 29,581 times

Advertisements

I don’t really know how to start this off. You be the judge on am I blowing this out of proportion or no.
But I’m almost certain that my Biological son 16 and steo daughter 17 are sleeping together and by that I mean they’re <edit>having sex

This will be a sort of a vent, but I will show you the evidence and you help me to decide on what should I do next. I think that I’m going crazy this makes me so ANGRY!

My friend sent me this article:

How to keep your sanity when it seems like everyone is out to drive you crazy

It provided some really great tips that I haven't seen anywhere before, not only in that article but others as well. But even though I got my emotions under control I still don't know how to sort this situation out.

I don’t have any solid evidence that they are actually having sex, but it has been super weird and all of my red flags have gone off for the past few months.

It all started few months ago, I started to notice that they are spending more time together, but it was nothing big, Step Daughter helped out my son to do his homework and they watched movies together. I thought that this is really nice! They’re finally bonding after a year of living together.

But then it started to get weird. They spent a LOT of time together. I noticed that my son very often in my step daughters room and they always close the door, so I have no idea what is going on in there. I don’t really want to break the trust of my kids and don’t storm in the room, I always knock.

But last night I woke up very early because I needed the toilet, it was about half an hour before everyone in our house wakes up and I heard my son coming out of my step daughters room. My heart was pounding and I had no idea what the hell had just happened. But do you think this is normal?

I haven’t talked to my Husband about this, how could I? I don’t have any solid evidence and I can’t possibly ask the kids, because what if I’m wrong? I really don’t know what to do can you give me any tips or ideas?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2017 at 06:00 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 03:40 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,205,038 times
This is a touchy one. You heard? or actually saw?

If you saw..

Here is my suggestion....There likely will be a variety of suggestions. Only you know what best works with your family.

Tell your husband what you saw, and sit both kids down with you both for a family meeting.

Ask your son what he was doing coming out of his step sisters room at that hour. That is where you start this. Be prepared for his answer.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:41 AM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Tell your husband your suspicions. Remove the bedroom doors.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:18 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,582,899 times
Talk to your husband and your kids. I think an open honest relationship is the way to go here. If you can get more evidence in the meantime that would help. Hide a nanny cam in their rooms?

Old 02-17-2017, 06:50 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozmarietodson View Post
I don’t really know how to start this off. You be the judge on am I blowing this out of proportion or no.
But I’m almost certain that my Biological son 16 and steo daughter 17 are sleeping together and by that I mean they’re ****ING!

This will be a sort of a vent, but I will show you the evidence and you help me to decide on what should I do next. I think that I’m going crazy this makes me so ANGRY!

It provided some really great tips that I haven't seen anywhere before, not only in that article but others as well. But even though I got my emotions under control I still don't know how to sort this situation out.

I don’t have any solid evidence that they are actually having sex, but it has been super weird and all of my red flags have gone off for the past few months.

It all started few months ago, I started to notice that they are spending more time together, but it was nothing big, Step Daughter helped out my son to do his homework and they watched movies together. I thought that this is really nice! They’re finally bonding after a year of living together.

But then it started to get weird. They spent a LOT of time together. I noticed that my son very often in my step daughters room and they always close the door, so I have no idea what is going on in there. I don’t really want to break the trust of my kids and don’t storm in the room, I always knock.

But last night I woke up very early because I needed the toilet, it was about half an hour before everyone in our house wakes up and I heard my son coming out of my step daughters room. My heart was pounding and I had no idea what the hell had just happened. But do you think this is normal?

I haven’t talked to my Husband about this, how could I? I don’t have any solid evidence and I can’t possibly ask the kids, because what if I’m wrong? I really don’t know what to do can you give me any tips or ideas?
So you do not want to be a parent? Perhaps this hands off trusting approach is what got you here in the first place.

Advice...grow a pair, stop worrying about being there friends and be a parent, there is a good chance your kids are banging, and if not, something almost as bad, example..drugs...How could you talk to your husband?....are you kidding me, he is your your husband and the father to one and the step-father to the other...this has to be a joke, nobody is this spineless and weak willed.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:05 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
OP, what upsets you most? That teenagers are (possibly) having sex in your home? Or that they are step-siblings?

I feel like when you have two teenagers not biologically related and recently started spending a lot of time together, that it shouldn't come as a surprise that feelings may develop. Since they are not biologically related nor even view one another as brother/sister (it's not as if they grew up together from early childhood), I wouldn't make them feel like their relationship is incestuous.

You can forbid them from having sex, but I wouldn't be surprised if they continued doing it. Even if you remove the doors to their rooms, they will sometimes be alone in the house. They are teenagers with raging hormones, after all.

It's going to get complicated because you all live in the same house as a family. It's going to be difficult to make them stay apart. You and your husband need to set them down and have a mature, rational,honest discussion with them.

Last edited by HokieFan; 02-17-2017 at 07:18 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 07:10 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,575,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozmarietodson View Post
But I’m almost certain that my Biological son 16 and steo daughter 17 are sleeping together and by that I mean they’re <edit>delete

WHY can't you ask them? Has communication in your household broken down? If you barge/spy on them, you are not addressing the real issue.

And absolutely tell them if you can't/ won't afford to be grandparents. Let them know how much child care costs and the consequences of not finishing school.

Barging/spying will only lead to further breakdowns in trust levels and lead to concealment and secrets. If you want to help your kids make wise decisions, they have to actually listen to you...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2017 at 06:04 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 08:16 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,775 times
You and your husband are both parents. Act like parents. Discuss your concerns with him and see what his suggestions are. Personally, after discussing it with my husband I would ask my son what if anything is going on and ask my husband to ask his child. You can usually tell if kids are being truthful or not. Just have a plan B if you don't get the answer you're hoping for.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:19 AM

25,558 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Open the door.

Catch them in the act, then act as if you had no idea. Make a lot of noise when it happens, so that there are no longer any secrets.

THEN, everyone can talk about it.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
I always thought Mike Brady designing a house which included a shared bathroom between 3 boys and 3 girls who were not blood related would result in something out of Caligula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.