Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 08:53 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I frankly question this whole post. I doubt a teacher really put that up on FB for the whole world, including her students, their parents, etc to see.
yeah, she actually did...she is a friend of my friend, and quit ironically I saw it last night and asked my friend if I could repost it...she approved and asked me not to use her name.
She also posted pictures of books they ripped apart, and broke the book shelf....and left the room a shambles...which I didn't post here....

Your very welcome to believe what you want, but in all my years in CD I have been wrong many times, but I don't lie...

I post things to be helpful, to alert people, because I care, including teachers out there that have to deal with these kids...and there is presently a huge amount of bullying going on in this country by kids....and if you read news feeds, and FB, you will understand why that is...

There are a whole lot of wonderful good well behaved kids out there...always will be...and always has been, but of late...there have been a lot of problems going on, and it's evident in Law enforcement, teachers and even in church...and day care....

This post was to alert, not to cause people to be defensive, or angry...

I'm real sorry you feel that way....

this isn't the first time I've seen a teacher write such things....she is devestated about this and I've suggested to my friend, she take a break for awhile and perhaps try again, maybe it's an isolated area where she lives...

and another thing, to me, she sounds like she is feeling like a failure right now...and know her story to be true, b/c I've heard this same thing from many others...and it's really sad, b/c we need people who chose to dedicate themselves to their careers, especially to our children for they will be the future leaders of America.

Anyway, believe it or not, your choice....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-04-2018 at 09:03 AM..

Old 04-04-2018, 08:59 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,119,535 times
I work in a school and I can see a lot of what that teacher posted. But am I reading correctly that this is her SECOND year? To be so completely destroyed in 2 years really points to someone not being right for the profession. Did she not do any student teaching?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:09 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
I frankly question this whole post. I doubt a teacher really put that up on FB for the whole world, including her students, their parents, etc to see.
It was in the news media. wwltv.com | Texas teacher's post on parenting draws support from fellow educators
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
I graduated high school in the mid 80s. I worked in public schools and coached sports for for 20+ years, starting in the early 90s. In those years, the only difference I noted between the kids then and the kids I remember being around was swearing. That has become much more accepted, even by kids around adults. Other than that, same old same old. Some are awesome, with a sliding scale to some are criminals. The former being much much more common than the latter.
I'm very happy you've had nothing but good experiences....

like I said, my ex sister in law has been a teacher for over 25 years....and she's seen it all, like you say, both good and bad, but she also used to say, if you've got a problem child, chances are the parents are a problem...

I work with a gal who was a coach, she quit, she was crying, she didn't want to give it up but told me how the parents are so rude, mean, and yelling, and her last comment was, "Its just a game", that's all it is and should be...fun...she said, to see grown adults yell and scream at kids like that was heartbreaking....

Now again, it's isolated...I'm just talking about the negative cases....

I have known a family member who moved to Alaska and is a teacher and she loves it, those kids are great!!!
She wanted to go where the kids were eager to learn, and thankful to have a teacher, and they are, including the families.

But this thread isn't about the great times...I think we as a society need to pull together and be willing to discuss these episodes, like adults...and maybe try to change, or help others change.

Also, as you probably know, teachers are trained to identify child abuse....and these children are usually, not always but usually the bullies themselves...so to talk to their parents is futile.

I'd be willing to bet, that most people, not all, who protest this thread, and become very defensive about the situation, fear admitting the truth to themselves for their very own personal reasons....but it is going on out there and it is very important to think about it and try to make change.

I see and watch what is going on in the world...a lot of it is good, but a lot of it is not so good. My son being in law enforcement, also brings things to light...so...

There are things going on out there that most people are not willing to even consider....for whatever reasons....

Old 04-04-2018, 09:13 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Creme, you're using the actions of a few to paint a whole generation in a negative light. There have always been problem kids and there always will be. There have always been "good " kids and there always will be.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, she actually did...she is a friend of my friend, and quit ironically I saw it last night and asked my friend if I could repost it...she approved and asked me not to use her name.
She also posted pictures of books they ripped apart, and broke the book shelf....and left the room a shambles...which I didn't post here....

Your very welcome to believe what you want, but in all my years in CD I have been wrong many times, but I don't lie...

I post things to be helpful, to alert people, because I care, including teachers out there that have to deal with these kids...and there is presently a huge amount of bullying going on in this country by kids....and if you read news feeds, and FB, you will understand why that is...

There are a whole lot of wonderful good well behaved kids out there...always will be...and always has been, but of late...there have been a lot of problems going on, and it's evident in Law enforcement, teachers and even in church...and day care....

this isn't the first time I've seen a teacher write such things....she is devestated about this and I've suggested to my friend, she take a break for awhile and perhaps try again, maybe it's an isolated area where she lives...

and another thing, to me, she sounds like she is feeling like a failure right now...and know her story to be true, b/c I've heard this same thing from many others...and it's really sad, b/c we need people who chose to dedicate themselves to their careers, especially to our children for they will be the future leaders of America.

I wasn't saying you lied; I was saying I didn't think a teacher really wrote that. Do calm down. Apparently though, I was wrong, and the teacher is allowing her name to be used.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:16 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

If the kids are destroying school property, then the school needs to discipline them. The parents should follow, yes, but why is the school letting them get away with this? In any case it is probably 1 or 2 kids, not a whole class full. There are always those 1 or 2 kids and their parents who make it obvious where they get it. This is not new.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I wasn't saying you lied; I was saying I didn't think a teacher really wrote that. Do calm down. Apparently though, I was wrong, and the teacher is allowing her name to be used.
I am calm and have been throughout this entire thread...I really don't care who believes it or not, your choice, like I said...but do strongly believe it is time for parents who are in denial, to change, and to address these problems, b/c these will be our future leaders....and I also feel very sorry for any teacher who is struggling....b/c it is apparent and human that she feels like she is failing as a teacher...but am sure, she wants to also alert people of this problem. Teachers don't get paid enough to have to put up with this...
And like she says, a lot of school equipment, teachers buy themselves...they are dedicated to their kids, and surely are not in it for the money....so are most people in law enforcement, thankless jobs.

I think most parents would be wise to stop for a moment and just listen.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Wow you lived in a rough neighborhood.
Actually, things were pretty quiet.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Creme, you're using the actions of a few to paint a whole generation in a negative light. There have always been problem kids and there always will be. There have always been "good " kids and there always will be.
well, you may be correct, I don't know, I'm no expert, however, what I'm trying to throw out there, is,what teachers have articulated to me, what coaches have said to me...I'm not making this stuff up...

maybe if there is someone out there reading this, whose child's teacher comes to them one day and says, your child is causing a disturbance, listen to the teacher...we tend to be protective of our children, and those who take offense right away, view it as if the teacher is telling them they are not a failure at parenting...that isn't true...what the teacher is saying, "We have a problem here, lets work at this together" for the child's sake and the child's future.

I understand that there are great kids out there...and have always been, and understand there are bad kids out there as well...why one of my most favorite teachers turned out to be a personal friend, and she was glad to retire as she said, the kids were getting worse...Now, don't take that as her overall experience....she had good kids, but the problem kids had more severe problems then when she first started out teaching....

and thanks so much for the kind caring post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting