Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:42 PM

149 posts, read 100,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Larry View Post
As I used to tell the mentally ill young man I mentored for 20 years when he would get a little deep into outer space and insist he was right " what you are saying might be true on your home planet but here on earth that is not true" Your response is so weak I can barely type this with a straight face, this is not Peter Pan Land it is the cold cruel earth and that punk is no longer deserving of the pampering you suggest. YOUR thinking is the reason this country is in decline. Learn some damn history. Hardazz hard working people made this nation great not wimpy limp wristed soy boys!
Who makes it the cold cruel earth? Those who leave their babies daddies, then become half time parents, then don't make the $$ to fully support them, so we are going to elevate them over this teenager?
The problem here is you promote childlike behavior from parents who've been making bad decisions, much worse than their teen, their whole lives.

We need to ease up on both folks. Life is cruel and hard for both mom and son
This is the cold cruel earth calling, as you say
Mom needs to understand she has a better son that she is/was.
He makes more $$, he didn't get anyone knocked up, he is not divorced,etc...
She needs to be treating him with respect, even if he chooses his room to be messy.
She can and should, explain though he;'s a good kid, it doesn't pay the bills.
She needs more $$ or he is going to need to move out so she can move someone else in who can pay.
This is because mom has screwed up so much she doesn't own a home and is still renting.
Making very little $$ herself. Ok no problem. It's just good Mom is working
but the childishness of letting mom off the hook here, when she is the mom, whose made much worse decisions
than leaving her room messy, and smoking pot, or not paying enough rent
is not being truthful about the circumstance.
This is the cold cruel earth as you say.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:20 PM

294 posts, read 219,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
Who makes it the cold cruel earth? Those who leave their babies daddies, then become half time parents, then don't make the $$ to fully support them, so we are going to elevate them over this teenager?
The problem here is you promote childlike behavior from parents who've been making bad decisions, much worse than their teen, their whole lives.

She needs to be treating him with respect, even if he chooses his room to be messy.
She needs more $$ or he is going to need to move out so she can move someone else in who can pay.
This is because mom has screwed up so much she doesn't own a home and is still renting.
but the childishness of letting mom off the hook here, when she is the mom, whose made much worse decisions
Where you live and what you write tells me how you probably vote. No matter how screwed up your state becomes you will probably keep voting the same way and things will keep getting worse and you will keep blaming the opposition party. Ask God for some wisdom, He is the source of all. I cannot say anything that can help you, I am not God.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Where you live and what you write tells me how you probably vote. No matter how screwed up your state becomes you will probably keep voting the same way and things will keep getting worse and you will keep blaming the opposition party. Ask God for some wisdom, He is the source of all. I cannot say anything that can help you, I am not God.
I voted for Hillary.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I voted for Hillary.
You really did not need to tell us that, the symptoms are rather obvious.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
It is not appropriate to bring politics into this discussion. And how other people vote is none of your business.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It is not appropriate to bring politics into this discussion. And how other people vote is none of your business.
are you a moderator?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I will adjust my opinions and subjects as the moderators tell me to.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:49 AM

334 posts, read 188,588 times
Quote:
As I used to tell the mentally ill young man I mentored for 20 years when he would get a little deep into outer space and insist he was right " what you are saying might be true on your home planet but here on earth that is not true" Your response is so weak I can barely type this with a straight face, this is not Peter Pan Land it is the cold cruel earth and that punk is no longer deserving of the pampering you suggest. YOUR thinking is the reason this country is in decline. Learn some damn history. Hardazz hard working people made this nation great not wimpy limp wristed soy boys!
Your negativity and inability to see the good is one reason why the country and the world feels demoralized. Just because YOU can't see good doesn't mean others can't. What an ignorant post...! By the way...the boy IS working. With all the layoffs happening now around the country and teens having enough hard-knocks thrown at them today is amazing he even has a job. I don't call that lazy...yet, you can't even give this child a compliment. So immature...so demented...you are a sad sad individual.

Quote:

Glad someone else is on this thread with some sense....!

Old 10-01-2018, 06:49 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,141,748 times
Quote:
I will adjust my opinions and subjects as the moderators tell me to.
Are you saying it's not possible for a community to police itself?

(Contrary to the belief of many, politics does not lie at the root of every single issue out there. It doesn't even register EVER for over a third of the population. There is a forum for it).

Old 10-01-2018, 07:28 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Thread has veered too far off topic. Therefore, thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting