Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:24 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,142,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
"they decided" that they want to be another gender which is impossible. A man CANNOT become a woman and a woman CANNOT become a man.
Sorry to get a bit off topic, but I think you need to do a little research on intersex.

Biological processes are not as fool-proof as you seem to think.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:33 PM

334 posts, read 188,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Sorry to get a bit off topic, but I think you need to do a little research on intersex.

Biological processes are not as fool-proof as you seem to think.
I'm not going to join in with your liberal brainwashing agenda. Trying to confuse the masses to the detriment of a healthy society. Stop trying to make the "exception the norm." You can take your narrative somewhere else. Now...let's stay on topic. Good Bye

Old 09-27-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to join in with your liberal brainwashing agenda. Trying to confuse the masses to the detriment of a healthy society. Stop trying to make the "exception the norm." You can take your narrative somewhere else. Now...let's stay on topic. Good Bye
"liberal brainwashing agenda =/= biology, but okay live in your bubble.

I mean, my wife's not a labor nurse who sees weird genitalia on a weekly basis or anything.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:30 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
best thing ever happen to me, got kick out about that age, had a job, wasnt super great but good company, good bones. 35 years later, Im still at the same company, got so good at my job, they pretty much leave me alone. is doesnt have to be a fortune 500 company to make a good living, just keep plugging at it

Old 09-27-2018, 05:00 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I really have to question this “It’s much harder for kids now, than it was 30, 40, 50+ years ago ... “ belief.
One example: I think it is more difficult to get a good job. We would have to go in and apply in person. Now--hundreds and hundreds of people apply for the one position available.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:40 PM

7,026 posts, read 4,903,157 times
Quote:
Your post are filled with nothing but hate for this child...yes I wrote child. 19 is nothing...!
The average age of a recruit in Vietnam was 19. We have people that age in Afghanistan today. And if we have another draft, that 19 year old "child" may well have to serve.

He's old enough to be drafted, he's old enough to smoke, he's old enough to vote, and he's certainly old enough to not be a child any longer.

Besides, calling a 19 year old a child is an absolute insult to the many mature teens around today who are working or going to college, and being responsible.
Quote:
If he's renting it it's his room. Just like if you rent an apartment...it's your apartment. If you invite someone over you don't say "come to the apartment I'm renting." You say: "Come over to my apartment." The room he's renting just happens to be in his parent's home. She shouldn't be going in his room period!
And just like renting an apartment, he's going to be expected to keep the premises clean. If he had a filthy room that attracted rats, mice, cockroaches, or bedbugs, or was storing open paint buckets or had a meth lab going, the landlord would be perfectly within his rights to evict him.

And if he wasn't paying his rent, he'd certainly be evicted.

Let me ask you, would you take this "child" into your house and let him keep a filthy room, smoke pot, and live rent free for however long it takes him to get his butt in gear? Because if it makes you unhappy his mother is kicking him out, you can always PM her and offer to give this young man a home.

Last edited by rodentraiser; 09-27-2018 at 07:57 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 07:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,110,882 times
Quote:
This is about a 3-4 minute read: [b]I'm not trying to insult you but....have you been asleep all this time?
I actually agree with many things you have said here; way more than you would give me credit for. I was thinking about the: “things are harder now, different world, not the same, etc ...” theme from the perspective of the great big world out there ... the world that they would be exposed to if for whatever reason they were suddenly on their own.

A few things I sort of agree with you on:

Quote:
There's been an amazing surge in transgender teens. There are kids as young as ten being shot-up with hormones to prevent puberty because "they decided" that they want to be another gender which is impossible. A man CANNOT become a woman and a woman CANNOT become a man.
This was not unheard of when I was a kid. The agenda is new, not the actual people.

If the motivation for the agenda was to inspire compassion; I’d be all for it but there is reason to believe that “compassion” is being used as a tool. The main motivation probably has more to do with incentives for the advocacy of non-reproductive sexual relationships; the reason for which I would rather not go into ... here.

Quote:
What about the Internet.
A force to be reckoned with, for sure. Easily mitigated by involved parents.

Quote:
Never mind diet ... drugs for behavior like ADHD For decades little boys who were robust were seen as just being boys. Not anymore. Today "there's something wrong with them."
Is that all? I could expand on this quite a bit but not ... here. I’d have to add that there is now something wrong with many of them. Not all & maybe not most but many children are showing signs of irreversible neurological damage.

According to DOE (department of education) the number of students requiring services under IDEA has been growing, out of proportion of population, at about 1% per year. Which doesn’t sound like a lot but it has been increasing for decades now, amongst millions of children.

Unfortunately, many of them will not be representative of the child who has any potential for an independent future at all & I’m assuming that the OP believes her son to be somewhat neurotypical.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the emasculation of boys and men is on the rise. They want to create a "gender-less" society and make two-mommys and two-daddys the "norm." No wonder kids today are bat-crazy.
That actually was happening when I was a kid, a literal matter of public policy. It’s the result of the intentional overemphasis on the education of girls & women, which of course; is not a bad thing at all. The motivation, again; is the real issue. Making producers out of reproducers. It’s a long story.

Quote:
"50% more teens suffered from major depression in 2015
Suicide rate for teen girls is at its highest level since 1975. Twice as many children and teens are now hospitalized for self-harm or suicidal thoughts. More teens say that they are lonely and feel hopeless.

Teens and children in general are facing challenges like never before today and it's only getting worse. One reason is because many of the parents aren't any better! If you think that using the methods of decades ago to raise children today will work...you haven't done your homework...Good Luck!
Think about what you just said about the methods. Because in reality; it is the methods of decades ago that will raise healthy children into healthy & competent adults. The problem is; not many children are being raised that way.

As far as homework goes, since none of my 7 kids over the age of 18 are living at home (ages 22-32), I’d be happy to take at least an A-. Contingent on how the 3 under the age of 18 (who are all still at home, obviously) turn out, maybe an A+.

I’m an overachiever. Regardless; I still don’t think that today’s 18 year old in the US will enter a world worse than the one that I did (which I did when I was 16, actually).

Old 09-27-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

And if he wasn't paying his rent, he'd certainly be evicted.
Yes, he would be evicted for non-payment of rent, but his landlord would have to follow proper eviction procedure--just like his mother now has to do.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:40 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,807 times
You didn't make this adult child by yourself.Why doesn't he go live with his father??!Why is the father not involved with any of this?Does he even care what is going on or is the father like the son and that's why you're not together?I feel so sorry for you but you're doing the right thing!!

Last edited by codergirl; 09-27-2018 at 08:57 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times
I've only read the first 10 responses. You're doing the right thing, evict him. My mom can't seem to kick out my idiot 58 year old alcoholic drug fiend brother, because well, he's her soooooonnnnnn. Makes mom an idiot.

Lesson here: Don't become my mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting