Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2018, 05:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
One of you said it yourselves, *I* won’t be apply for a mortgage now will I?
Like I said luckily a charity handled the bulk of the cost but it was over $100,000 for that.
I think TF not.
Which means you (again) have no protection financially once DB realizes he can do better than a narcissistic grifter. Suit yourself.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:10 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Also things fall off your credit score after 7 years and a second long as I don’t incur anymore debt I’ll be fine soon. That accident was in 2014 it’s almost been 5 years. 2 more to go.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Which means you (again) have no protection financially once DB realizes he can do better. Suit yourself.
You’re assuming we don’t have a good relationship.
We wouldn’t still be together after almost 9 years if we didn’t work.
Obviously I take care of the house and our pets, obviously we make each other happy.

Also aside from a little attitude I’m a pretty good girl friend. You really have no idea about our relationship.

We’ve been hanging out all day today playing video games he’s enjoying time off until the 2nd.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:18 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Quote:
I’m not living “at home”. Did I stutter?
I’ve said many times I live in a house that has been passed down to me by my family.
This house sat unlived in for nearly a decade before I moved in and started paying the utilities that had been kept on so my great grandmother could come over from time to time when she could.

My mom and grandmother live across town in my grandmothers house.
My boyfriend covers our utilities, electric, cell phone, cable, internet, he’s a subcontractor so he’s licensed and insured for his business.

I’m financially dependent on my boyfriend.

I’ve done that by focusing on our relationship.
His sister isn’t even divorced and she was separated from her husband a year before DB and I got together and he and I have been together going on 9 years now. She’s been with the same guy the whole time and they moved in together when DB and I moved to Tennessee. They never plan on remarry and she doesn’t plan on getting divorced any time soon for financial reasons on both parts.

It’s not uncommon.
LOL! NO WONDER! YOU'RE A SPOILED BRAT THAT NEVER GREW UP!

Seriously, you come on the internet asking a bunch of strangers for advice and when we give it, you speak like that! GROW UP!

First off, you said it yourself, you're dependent on your BOYFRIEND, not husband, but boyfriend! That's mistake #1 and pretty sad actually! And the fact that you give no respect to your mother is ridiculous.

Get a job where you can support yourself and learn how to take care of yourself! You're living off other people and you have the nerve to bash your mother! FYI.....it takes longer than 10 years for debt to fall off your credit report and that's not even always a give in, sometimes it's longer! Again, clueless!

And yes it's not uncommon to live together with someone and not be married...….but for 9 years? He'll never marry you, there's no incentive for him to! And he can walk away at any time and then you're screwed because he takes care of you and you have no clue how to take care of yourself. And that is truly sad! DID I STUTTER?????????

Last edited by CGab; 12-29-2018 at 05:27 PM..

Old 12-29-2018, 05:20 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
You’re assuming we don’t have a good relationship.
We wouldn’t still be together after almost 9 years if we didn’t work.
Obviously I take care of the house and our pets, obviously we make each other happy.

Also aside from a little attitude I’m a pretty good girl friend. You really have no idea about our relationship.

We’ve been hanging out all day today playing video games he’s enjoying time off until the 2nd.
You think that being together for nine years automatically means you have a good relationship? People have relationships that last longer than that which aren't good relationships. Shoot, I've been married (soon not to be) for 11 years, and that doesn't mean my husband and I had a good relationship.

Also, just because your mom doesn't do her hair, wear makeup, or cares to wear clothes you think she should wear doesn't mean anything. Some people are ok with the way they look without all that other stuff.

Seriously, ten years later and you still act like a 16-year-old.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post

Seriously, you come on the internet asking a bunch of strangers for advice and when we give it, you speak like that! GROW UP!

First off, you said it yourself, you're dependent on your BOYFRIEND, not husband, but boyfriend! That's mistake #1 and pretty sad actually! And the fact that you give no respect to your mother is ridiculous.

Get a job where you can support yourself and learn how to take care of yourself! You're living off other people and you have the nerve to bash your mother! FYI.....it takes longer than 10 years for debt to fall off your credit report and that's not even always a give in, sometimes it's longer! Again, clueless!

And yes it's not uncommon to live together with someone and not be married...….but for 9 years? He'll never marry you, there's no incentive for him to! And he can walk away at any time and then you're screwed because he takes care of you and you have no clue how to take care of yourself. DID I STUTTER?????????
If we get married, my debt become his debt and it’s even longer before we can get into a house and no one lets someone rent with 4 pets, I have two dogs and two cats. Rentals don’t allow that. We have to buy.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
You think that being together for nine years automatically means you have a good relationship? People have relationships that last longer than that which aren't good relationships. Shoot, I've been married (soon not to be) for 11 years, and that doesn't mean my husband and I had a good relationship.

Also, just because your mom doesn't do her hair, wear makeup, or cares to wear clothes you think she should wear doesn't mean anything. Some people are ok with the way they look without all that other stuff.

Seriously, ten years later and you still act like a 16-year-old.
No she literally doesn’t take care of herself at all.
She’s completely let herself go.
There’s a major difference between embracing natural beauty and letting all your teeth rot to the point a dentist has to pull all your teeth, literally all of them.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post

And yes it's not uncommon to live together with someone and not be married...….but for 9 years? He'll never marry you, there's no incentive for him to! And he can walk away at any time and then you're screwed because he takes care of you and you have no clue how to take care of yourself. And that is truly sad! DID I STUTTER?????????
When did I disrespect her?
When I stayed up till 3am to get all my stuff out of the way because she lumped **** on me last minute?
Or when I went over Christmas Eve and sat in the floor until I hurt helping her wrap everyone’s gifts?
Or when my boyfriend not only cooked dinner for everyone but cleaned up after dinner too?
Or on Christmas Day when I helped her in the kitchen while everyone else got to sit and relax in the living room?
Or when I help her mother with EVERYTHING because she’s too lazy too?

Please enlighten me as to when I’m so disrespectful to my mother...
I’m waiting...

Old 12-29-2018, 05:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Also things fall off your credit score after 7 years and a second long as I don’t incur anymore debt I’ll be fine soon. That accident was in 2014 it’s almost been 5 years. 2 more to go.
Debt doesn't go away after 7 years. A bankruptcy or foreclosure will go away after 7 years. The debt does not. I've never had any of those things, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
If we get married, my debt become his debt and it’s even longer before we can get into a house and no one lets someone rent with 4 pets, I have two dogs and two cats. Rentals don’t allow that. We have to buy.
Things you should have considered before taking in 4 animals.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:33 PM

Because it seems to me like she has it EXTREMELY easy and she should be EXTREMELY grateful for all I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting