Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times

Advertisements

I think if you read her post, she was fearful of what obstacles (hate or discrimination) they might encounter. Maybe your gay friends haven't experienced that - which is great - but if you read/listen to the news, it does happen. We parents are always hoping for the best for our kids (gay or straight) so of course it would be normal to be concerned if you knew the road ahead might be bumpy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,063,650 times
My issue was the reverse, I had to learn to accept my gay father.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 PM

215 posts, read 652,230 times
It was never a issue for me, when my son came to us and told us that he was gay, I remember telling him that I didn't care if he loved someone who was black, white, yellow, male, whatever....as long as the person loved him back unconditionally and gave him the respect he so deserved. He is absolutely the best son anyone could ever want. I only wish he didn't have to go through the pain that society dishes out so freely. My only hope is that in about 3 more generations, our children's children will not even know what the words 'homosexual, gay, lesbian' mean.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:10 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
No I could not accept it, I would love them anyway but I can not accept anything that goes against Gods laws.
I have a uncle and a nephew that are gay and I love them very much, but I can not support them in this choice. I don't shun them nor do we talk about it anymore but they know where I stand. My uncle has aids and I'm afraid it won't be long until my nephew will get it.
This breaks my heart.
YEah gays get AIDS easier. Its against nature, so AIDS is what you get.

And hell no I wouldnt accept my kids. NO WAY.
Im not that religious, but I do believe there is something bigger than us.

You see, when kids are young they try all kinds of stuff, being lesbian&gay. But eventually they grow up and start off as straight when they notice they want real sex.

Also: Growing up as gay IS NOT good for the child. Gays are being bullied and disrespected by other guys. This is true. Lesbians have it easier, but gays, no no. And no im not gay. I just went to school and remember we had a guy who dressed up like a girl, he got dirt constantly.

If you dont support your child he might change and have a normal happy life. You can also tell him that God forbids it, or if you aint religious: tell that its UNNATURAL.

Peace im out.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful transplant View Post
It was never a issue for me, when my son came to us and told us that he was gay, I remember telling him that I didn't care if he loved someone who was black, white, yellow, male, whatever....as long as the person loved him back unconditionally and gave him the respect he so deserved. He is absolutely the best son anyone could ever want. I only wish he didn't have to go through the pain that society dishes out so freely. My only hope is that in about 3 more generations, our children's children will not even know what the words 'homosexual, gay, lesbian' mean.
I hope that never happens. If everyone is bi gay or lesbian. That just aint right, dont you get it?

Who makes the kids?

Old 02-11-2009, 03:53 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
No I could not accept it, I would love them anyway but I can not accept anything that goes against Gods laws.
I have a uncle and a nephew that are gay and I love them very much, but I can not support them in this choice. I don't shun them nor do we talk about it anymore but they know where I stand. My uncle has aids and I'm afraid it won't be long until my nephew will get it.
This breaks my heart.
so only gays get aids, is that what you think? What a closed minded individual you are. maybe you need to do a little research that has been going on for the last several years:
Lesbians Respond Differently to "Human Pheromones," Study Says

yes I'm sure that gays "choose" to be ridiculed and ostracized for something that they cannot control!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 AM

215 posts, read 652,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishAmerican View Post
I hope that never happens. If everyone is bi gay or lesbian. That just aint right, dont you get it?

Who makes the kids?
I'm wondering which one doesn't get it? I am very thankful for my son, gay or straight. Yes, I made him, and am damn proud of how he has turned out. He was not raised any different than his brother or sister, who are both straight. He has a very successful career and is a kind, caring person. They don't have a choice, unless you believe that they can be 'cured'....that just doesn't work, IMO. I'm glad my son chose life instead of suicide like so many youths end up doing because they don't have the love and support of caring parents, friends and family. Good luck on your thinking as I'm sure you wish the same to me. Peace to you too.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,524 times
Quote:

You see, when kids are young they try all kinds of stuff, being lesbian&gay. But eventually they grow up and start off as straight when they notice they want real sex.

Also: Growing up as gay IS NOT good for the child. Gays are being bullied and disrespected by other guys. This is true. Lesbians have it easier, but gays, no no. And no im not gay. I just went to school and remember we had a guy who dressed up like a girl, he got dirt constantly.

If you dont support your child he might change and have a normal happy life. You can also tell him that God forbids it, or if you aint religious: tell that its UNNATURAL.

Peace im out.

It's people like you who make me rethink my opposition to forced sterilization. Please, if you haven't already, don't breed. Mmkay?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:12 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,403 times
Quote:

Peace im out.

LMAO ahahhaahahahahahahahhhhahhaaaa

And if you don't support your gay child he might NOT change and end up committing suicide because even his own parent wouldn't accept him/her.

Last edited by jeannie216; 03-06-2009 at 05:12 AM..

Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,705,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
What is this all about? Do you have a gay daughter? If you would have no problems with it, why are you so touchy about it?
//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...y-child-9.html

I'm extremely touchy when someone tries to tell me that they KNOW how I feel about something without knowing who I am. Even then, who are you to presume with certainty?

'Can't categorize everyone as 'same-minded'. I don't tolerate that very well. This isn't against you, just the way you worded your opinion to include me.

Not seeing this as a YIPPEE! or OH NO! kind of situation. At all.

Last edited by 33458; 02-11-2009 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Clarification...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting