Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I DON'T agree with what she's doing AT ALL...as you can clearly tell by reading my posts. BUT, I think the definition of "adequate" is very liberal and as long as their BASIC needs are being met there's really nothing that could be done. A 3-bedroom house with 17 people may not be adequate in most people's minds (including mine) but they ARE being provided shelter and as long as it's safe, I don't think there's anything they can do.
The thing is, it's NOT safe. Not for 6 young children, and totally not safe for those 6 PLUS 8 more newborns.

Hell, her family is violating occupancy laws just living in their house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

$50,000 in debt from student loans.

She a real winner: "Yes, I get food stamps. About $490 a month. But it's used only for food".

Really? You can only use food stamps for food?

And here I was thinking all along I could pay my mortgage or fill up my gas tanks with food stamps.

Wow, I underestimated her level of nuttiness.
I just wonder what kind of crap food she is feeding 7 people with less than $500/month in food stamps. That's about $70/month/per person. Hell, we spend that much a month in groceries for 3 of us! Granted we eat VERY healthy, and don't buy junk, but still it's crazy.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with requiring insurance companies to cover IVF. That's ridiculous. IVF is NOT a necessity....in a way I think that's like insurance covering plastic surgery. I understnad FULLY that many people can't have kids without IVF and that it's a great thing...but it's certainly not something that insurance should be paying for when they have to pay for severe medical issues for others.

Edit: I just reread that and noted that California excludes IVF. Still, if any other states actually require it to be covered, it's ridiculous.
I disagree with SOME plastic surgery.

For cosmetic reasons, nope; but valid reasons, such as reconstruction yeah, insurance should pay.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:40 PM

339 posts, read 1,518,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I can't see 1) how she can do this with so many kids or 2) why she is going into counseling when she seems unstable herself.
Well mental health professions tend to attract some unstable people. That is also why good mental health programs are *supposed* to screen their applicants very carefully.

I know of one program where applicants enrolled in the Ethics and Techniques I class first. THEN they had the application process that involved written essay, personal interview, and mock techniques session. Any hint of instability and the applicant was not moving into the full graduate program. Also, there are comprehensive exams and mock sessions on the way out as well. Not everyone passes these either. So game over, thanks for playing.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Look, we have told the world to get out of our wombs for years now. No one could tell her not to have the children, so no one should be able to tell her how to live now. We can not have it both ways, it is her body and her right to have children, just as it is her right and her body to abort same said children. We can not say cover children with heath care and then pick and chose which are deserving.
It is also OUR right as taxpayers to determine and complain where OUR money is going, and to whom and for what it will be going to.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:25 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I disagree with SOME plastic surgery.

For cosmetic reasons, nope; but valid reasons, such as reconstruction yeah, insurance should pay.
I meant "cosmetic plastic surgery." I should have made myself more clear.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,435,073 times
I just read that the Octomoms mother (grandma) has not payed her mortgage in 10 months so the house will likely be taken...

So octomom will be homeless with her kids, since she wont gett off her rear end and GET a job!!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
I just read that the Octomoms mother (grandma) has not payed her mortgage in 10 months so the house will likely be taken...

So octomom will be homeless with her kids, since she wont gett off her rear end and GET a job!!
Haven't her parents also filed for bankruptcy?

Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
How could she possibly have produced 45 eggs prior to the first implantation without taking years??? She had already been pregnant and lost at least one baby.
I know when you are starting out with IVF, hey pump you FULL of hormones and drugs so you can produce as many eggs as possible. My best guy friend and his wife went through the beginning stages of IVF, and did the fertility treatments for about 6 months before they became pregnant on their own, in that 6 month time frame she would have normally shed 6 eggs, but in that time frame, she shed around 20 or so.

So it wouldn't have been that hard to get that many eggs out of her. especially since I read that she's had problems since she was a teenager, and that is MORE than enough time to get a ton of eggs.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:

I would like to see a law passed that says that no more than 2 embroys can be implanted and any doctor who does this in the future should be prosecuted and subject to having sanctions taken against their medical license.
Then if that law were passed, some women would NEVER be pregnant.

Not all women take that easy, and some are hard as hell to take, and that is why some Docs do implant so many. Our old neighbor on base, had 4 different IVF implants done and only had 1 kid from all four. The first time they implanted 2, and nothing, then 3, nothing, then 4, nothing, then 6 on the last shot and only 1 took. Out of 15 embryo's only one baby resulted.

Granted, she is not a normal case, but there are women like her around, and it's not right to penalize them for one stupid girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting