Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 AM

5 posts, read 7,289 times

Advertisements

The babies are here. We can't send them back so as good american citizens we should welcome them even if we don't agree with their mom. I have to say I would rather my tax dollars go towards supporting those children than to a senseless war. I'm sure at the cost of $10 billion per month we can certainly afford to help this family out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 01:11 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeSeeker View Post
The babies are here. We can't send them back so as good american citizens we should welcome them even if we don't agree with their mom. I have to say I would rather my tax dollars go towards supporting those children than to a senseless war. I'm sure at the cost of $10 billion per month we can certainly afford to help this family out.
How about the estimated 2,500 U.S. children whose parent was killed in Iraq or Afghanistan?

I'd rather my tax money go to those families than this deranged woman.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:50 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Has anyone seen this?

Scoop: Octuplet mom imitates Angelina Jolie - The Scoop- msnbc.com

Old 02-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Also Octuplets doc has patient with quads - 2/13/09 - Philadelphia News - 6abc.com

Old 02-14-2009, 02:56 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She has a publicist btw.
.....and a nanny, and she gets her nails done, etc. She has a lot of "hidden" expenses that the public does not know about.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
.....and a nanny, and she gets her nails done, etc. She has a lot of "hidden" expenses that the public does not know about.
Yes exactly.

I guess I'm wondering WHY she got the publicist if this is all just about being a mother and also WHEN did she get the publicist (like if it was planned before she had the kids).

Old 02-14-2009, 04:24 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Here is the funny part, she hires a publicist but thinks people need to concern themselves with their own lives and not hers. She will gladly take donations. So it's mind your own business but send money!

Old 02-14-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Here is the funny part, she hires a publicist but thinks people need to concern themselves with their own lives and not hers. She will gladly take donations. So it's mind your own business but send money!
She ENFURIATES me. I'd still like to know when she got the publicist if anyone has heard...

Old 02-14-2009, 04:54 PM

713 posts, read 2,718,151 times
Actually, the publicist has quit. She does have an agent though. Octuplets mother Nadya Suleman's publicist steps down over death threats - but she does have agent

Old 02-15-2009, 10:01 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Everyone seems focused on the financial aspect of this case, which, of course, is tremendous. But I keep wondering about the physical toll on the mother, which of course will result in problems for the children.

I wonder how many nurses are currently involved with the care and feeding of these 8 babies? And there are 3 shifts of them. This moron mother expects to take over 24 hour care of 8 premature infants. Even if the grandmother takes over the 100% care of the other six, (which doesn't seem likely) the mother would never survive the physical toll 8 babies would take on her. I also don't think she would get help over a long enough period of time (like 18 years) from outsiders. People have things going on in their lives, and they won't be able to donate extended periods of time for this train wreck she has gotten herself into.

When I think of how tired I was when my son was 6 weeks old, I can't imagine how this farce is going to be played out.
I think any woman who elects to have children who she knows will be a ward of the state is not fit to raise the kids. They should be taken away and any money she makes during her entire life should be used to pay the state back for their upkeep.

I think that would put an end to most of these situations. No moms having kids one after the other because they love infants. No moms having kids to keep the money pouring in. Fewer kids feeling/sensing that their moms are nuts, at least in this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting