Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 10:17 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times

Advertisements

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

$50,000 in debt from student loans.

She a real winner: "Yes, I get food stamps. About $490 a month. But it's used only for food".

Really? You can only use food stamps for food?

And here I was thinking all along I could pay my mortgage or fill up my gas tanks with food stamps.

Wow, I underestimated her level of nuttiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I DON'T agree with what she's doing AT ALL...as you can clearly tell by reading my posts. BUT, I think the definition of "adequate" is very liberal and as long as their BASIC needs are being met there's really nothing that could be done. A 3-bedroom house with 17 people may not be adequate in most people's minds (including mine) but they ARE being provided shelter and as long as it's safe, I don't think there's anything they can do.
Sorry, this case has too much notariety for cps to allow that many people in one house, especially with 8 cribs added to the ones already there. And yes, there are standards with cps as to how many people can live in one house. I know a woman who lost her children until she could get better housing. They were living with another family in a mobile home for a total of 11 people (3 adults, 8 kids).

Old 02-12-2009, 10:26 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
One bad apple spoiled the whole bunch. Now the gov't (rightfully so) needs to regulate this fertility business because of the unethical doctors now practicing.
OH and of course she is stating she saved up for the treatments because she knows she could get in big trouble if she used her disability on those embryos instead of her live children. She would not have been able to get foodstamps if she had money in the bank (savings etc).

She will rely on others to raise her children so she can go off once again and pursue whatever she wants.

I have never seen a human as irresponsible as this one. No wonder her mother is disgusted and humiliated. I would be too.
I don't agree with requiring insurance companies to cover IVF. That's ridiculous. IVF is NOT a necessity....in a way I think that's like insurance covering plastic surgery. I understnad FULLY that many people can't have kids without IVF and that it's a great thing...but it's certainly not something that insurance should be paying for when they have to pay for severe medical issues for others.

Edit: I just reread that and noted that California excludes IVF. Still, if any other states actually require it to be covered, it's ridiculous.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Sorry, this case has too much notariety for cps to allow that many people in one house, especially with 8 cribs added to the ones already there. And yes, there are standards with cps as to how many people can live in one house. I know a woman who lost her children until she could get better housing. They were living with another family in a mobile home for a total of 11 people (3 adults, 8 kids).
The PR firm has a law firm ready to tackle this issue if they have not already started. I am sure the law firm has contacted CPS.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:00 PM

339 posts, read 1,518,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Sorry, this case has too much notariety for cps to allow that many people in one house, especially with 8 cribs added to the ones already there. And yes, there are standards with cps as to how many people can live in one house.
If what is reported on Radar Online is true, then she will be in a new house by the time the 8 babies come home from the hospital:

"RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively that Nadya Suleman's church, Calvary Chapel in Diamond Bar, CA is helping Nadya find a new home for the 33-year old single mom and her 14-kids."

Source: Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Octo-Mom To Get New Home

But I also recall, the very first article I ever read about this woman on MSNBC quoted her father and said:

the grandfather warned that media may have a tougher time finding the family after the babies are released from the hospital...'We have a huge house, not here,' said the man, who would only identify himself as Ed. 'You are never going to know where it is.'

Source:Family: Octuplets' mom has 6 other kids - Women's health- msnbc.com

Anyhow, this other house may be out there too? On a side note, I have to say, Smart Move, Ed! Warning the media and telling them they are never going to know something is just begging for trouble. I mean, heck, what better way to sound off a challenge to investigative reporters! Honestly, it doesn't seem to me that the grandfather is too bright himself.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:22 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
The people are a bunch of jack asses and they will realize it when they are their with her 14 kids and she is no where to be found

Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
The people are a bunch of jack asses and they will realize it when they are their with her 14 kids and she is no where to be found
I agree. This mentally disturbed woman has NO IDEA how completely crazy her life is about to become. My nephew and his wife had a premie who was in the hospital for a few months. A few weeks after he came home they both looked like wrecks because he required so much monitoring and care. THIS WAS ONE BABY!!!

I think you're right. When she realizes how hard life is, and how little money she's getting from the deal she will just take off (or have herself committed - there certainly are enough witnesses to her mental health -- or lack thereof.)

Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times
I am sure right now she is living out fantasy life but soon enough another story will capture our attention and she will be stuck in her stinky life. Man it sucks to be her

Old 02-12-2009, 12:57 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
I am sure she is going to take off. When I was watching the interview she made mention to one of her autistic children and said something like "Everyday I come home ... " . Everyday she comes home? She has no job so where the hell is she going everyday?

Old 02-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I am sure she is going to take off. When I was watching the interview she made mention to one of her autistic children and said something like "Everyday I come home ... " . Everyday she comes home? She has no job so where the hell is she going everyday?
Getting her nails done, consulting with plastic surgeons, going to classes, applying for food stamps, filling out student loan forms. Come on, people, there's a lot to do in her life!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting