Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 02:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
My professor told us when we all took Abnormal Psychology that we would inevitably find ourselves thinking we had one of these problems ourself and that it is totally normal to have this happen. Because normal sane people question things like that.
Yes I took that class too. I remember convincing myself I had several of the problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 02:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
This is from the article that nitokenshi linked to.....

She (Angela) said she warned her daughter that when she gets home from the hospital, "I'm going to be gone."

"Her obsession centers around children, having children and being a mother," she said. "To what degree are her esteem and identity based on being a mom and why has this from a young age been such a preoccupation of hers?"

.....Wow. That's all I can say.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-09-2009 at 03:32 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 03:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times
I did happen to catch her Mother on TV today. She sounds like she has had it. I get that she is a Grandmother and most likley tried to help her daughter but things are out of hand now. She said her daughter hasn't helped with any of the money to raise these children. I also heard that the Mother didn't know her daughter got a dissability pay off over 100,000 which she more than likey used to get pregnant. If she gets goverment help for these children or her others I hope she reported that. The best thing this Mom and Grandmother can do is walk away. Let her daughter sink or swim and turn her in to PS if she needs to . This is the only way to get PS to get involved. This might be the hardest thing she has to do but the best thing for all the kids. It sounded like to me the Mom isn't really supportive to the daughter. What I don't get is the Mom must have been in the hospital early on in her pregnancy. That is usual when Mom's have that many babies they put them in the hospital so they don't go into labor early. Did the Grandmother have these kids all this time

Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I also heard that the Mother didn't know her daughter got a dissability pay off over 100,000 which she more than likey used to get pregnant. If she gets goverment help for these children or her others I hope she reported that. The best thing this Mom and Grandmother can do is walk away. Let her daughter sink or swim and turn her in to PS if she needs to . This is the only way to get PS to get involved. This might be the hardest thing she has to do but the best thing for all the kids. It sounded like to me the Mom isn't really supportive to the daughter. What I don't get is the Mom must have been in the hospital early on in her pregnancy. That is usual when Mom's have that many babies they put them in the hospital so they don't go into labor early. Did the Grandmother have these kids all this time
I believe the problem is that it is very hard kicking out your own daughter when she has children (even just 1) because you worry and fear for the child. You don't want to support the adult child but you don't want to make the grandchild suffer for the sins of the mother.

Many times, they will allow their GROWN daughter to stick around because they want to make sure the children are taken care of and safe and since most of the time they come as a package deal, the grown daughter gets to lounge about.

This daughter used her parents generosity and kindness and caring about their grandchildren and time and time again screwed them over.

I don't think they are true enablers beceause i think they were torn between caring for the grandchildren who did nothing to deserve this lousy mother and wanting to kick her to the curb. They don't appear to be the delusional Cindy Anthony type who would lie cheat and steal to defend her grown daughter. I understand LOVING your child no matter what ( i know i do), but i don't think that means you have to lie to everyone about them. It means you support them even when you know they did wrong.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM

603 posts, read 2,359,858 times
I just saw an interview with the mom and she has that same dark hair, pale skin, big lip thing going on-just like Angelina Jolie! Is there some sort of crazy mutated gene they share that makes them think it's ok to collect children like it's a hobby? This lady needs to find a dumb dude like Brad Pitt to be the sugar daddy and let her poor mother rest!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times
What I 'm saying is the Grandparents are not going to stay around. YOu can see that when the GRandmother speaks and isn't the Grandfather gone somewhere. The Grandmother says her daughter has provided nothing to raise the children money wise. I heard reporteed that the Grandmother didn't know her daughter got a settlement for money. If she used the money to keep having children and not taking care of the children she has then that could be a PS thing. She is relaying on someone else to provide for her parents just like a drug user takes money for drugs instead of food and stuff she gets pregnant. I really do hope that they take these children away. What I'm saying in order to see what kind of mom she is she needs to stand on her own. There is no way she can do this on her own even with her Mother. THose babies will most likley come home with monitors and other health issues. I 'm sure as with the people who are sending money to Cassir Anthony in jail there will be someone who will step in and provide for this MOm. They will not be helping these children because something is very wrong with this Mom.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,598 times
So quick one is to judge another. To each their own. Whether it is liked or not, those babies are here and deserve a chance at life just the same as any other baby born in the United States. Ya know, if people were as quick at lending a hand as they are to judge someone, maybe this place would be a little better. Instead of putting the woman down, help out by giving blankets, bottles, diapers, or whatever. She might just surprise everyone. I for one would love to have more children, I just choose not to. She isn't the first woman to have a multiple birth situation and it's guarenteed she won't be the last. She gets a TV show, oh well. She can rank up like Jon & Kate plus 8. She writes a book, she can go into detail about all the children. No one really knows how she felt about her childhood of being an only child, in which that could have made her want alot of children, so they aren't alone either.
As for the grandmother stating they have to feed the 6 children in shifts, what the heck is that? Those children aren't little tiny babies that have to be held to feed. She should be like other grandmothers and welcome grandchildren, whether it's 6 or 14. Big Deal. There are too many children abandoned and unloved in the United States, for a grandmother to complain about grandchildren. That to me is more sad than the 8 babies being born.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorrieLynn View Post
So quick one is to judge another. To each their own. Whether it is liked or not, those babies are here and deserve a chance at life just the same as any other baby born in the United States. Ya know, if people were as quick at lending a hand as they are to judge someone, maybe this place would be a little better. Instead of putting the woman down, help out by giving blankets, bottles, diapers, or whatever. She might just surprise everyone. I for one would love to have more children, I just choose not to. She isn't the first woman to have a multiple birth situation and it's guarenteed she won't be the last. She gets a TV show, oh well. She can rank up like Jon & Kate plus 8. She writes a book, she can go into detail about all the children. No one really knows how she felt about her childhood of being an only child, in which that could have made her want alot of children, so they aren't alone either.
As for the grandmother stating they have to feed the 6 children in shifts, what the heck is that? Those children aren't little tiny babies that have to be held to feed. She should be like other grandmothers and welcome grandchildren, whether it's 6 or 14. Big Deal. There are too many children abandoned and unloved in the United States, for a grandmother to complain about grandchildren. That to me is more sad than the 8 babies being born.
No one is saying these babies don't deserve a chance to live. Where did you see that? And, if people weren't likely to judge, this world would be even worse. And this woman needs to be judged for the hell she's going to be putting her kids through because of her own stupid, immature selfishness. Like a druggie gets money from parents they're mooching off of, she continues to have kids she refuses to support herself. Her parents need to STOP giving her all that she needs, including money, childcare, and a place to live. This stupid ***** needs to be stopped.

She did NOT choose a multiple birth situation. She chose to risk that to obtain at least one. I'm sure it wasn't her goal to have litter, she just had to risk it. She already has a passel of kids she can't take care of at home, she doesn't need any more.

Her parents are NOT obligated to "welcome grandchildren, whether it's 6 or 14," ESPECIALLY when THEY'RE the ones supporting them. They had their financial nest egg and retirements ripped out from under them because of that obligation they mistakenly believe they have to fulfill. To hell with her, they deserve some peace in their golden years. But their selfish ***** of a daughter plays to their sense of decency and obligation to family in order to get out of fulfilling her own obligations. If she were my daughter, she'd be out on her ass 11 kids ago.

I hope grandma leaves.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:26 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorrieLynn View Post
1st post? Suleman is that you?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,419,359 times
She can't afford them! During the interview they were in the grandmothers home and she said it was filthy with food on all the walls and carpets. They are all living in a 3 bedroom home with beds all over.

There is no father in the picture for any of her children. The total so far for the hospital is over 1.3M and they don't know who is going to pay for that. Well I know we the taxpayers in CA.

If you saw the interview with the mom did you notice her french manicure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting