Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,023 times

Advertisements

like a few of us have said before she is a walking contradiction!! and the reason she said that money is just paper is because it is her parents money she is using for her kids. her parents in reality have 15 kids to care for since mom is useless. if I were her parents I would have had her commited a long time ago and had her right to make choices stripped from her. I feel the most sorry for her kids and what they will endure when they get older. if someone doesn't do anything to stop her from having babies she is going to just keep having them to feel usefull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I remember learning about a condition back in college psych class where women have babies b/c of it meeting a need. They cannot handle the child once they get out of baby phase & hence, have another... Again, this was awhile ago & not a good explanation, but there is a condition.

Also, she has a BS in psych...I am wondering how much of what she has learned she has put to use in order to manipulate the situation to get what she wants.

She worked in a psych hospital & has for years wanted to be some sort of therapist for mentally ill....

Let's not pretend she is not manipulating those around her. She even tried to change around Anne Curry's wording this morning on a question.

Very stoic; very manipluative; very UNEMOTIONAL if anything. The crap she was feeding to the cameras when she looking at the babies was fake. It was so contrived. It was weird. I just got the notion she had little emotion about it all. Strange. I was almost in tears just seeing those babies this morning & she showed none.

She probably has more than a few conditions. And it's scary to think that she is respnonsible for raising these children.

What happens when those 8 turn 3? It's not fun at that age as we now. They are a handful. And if you are not mentally stable, toddlers can take you over the edge. But, she'll be pimping out her previous children who will be 8,9 & 10 to do the work she doesn't want to...
I think her main problem is that she is trying to use her children to fulfill her needs because she wants to be loved so badly. She feels that children will automatically love her and this will fill any void she has in her life....and that her children cannot turn their backs on her like a BF/husband/friends/other family could.

She also maybe wants to continue to have children so her parents cannot throw her out and cut her off and she knows she cannot take care of herself. Maybe she thinks that once her parents are gone, the kids will be grown and they will be there to "automatically" take care of her then. We all know that she'll be able to manipulate the kids into it and that at least ONE of the 14 will take care of their mom.

Wasn't she married and divorced? I thought I heard that somewhere. If so, this could play a big role in it too....a fear of being abandoned. She feels that her own child couldn't abandon her.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-09-2009 at 10:29 AM..

Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I remember learning about a condition back in college psych class where women have babies b/c of it meeting a need. They cannot handle the child once they get out of baby phase & hence, have another... Again, this was awhile ago & not a good explanation, but there is a condition.

Also, she has a BS in psych...I am wondering how much of what she has learned she has put to use in order to manipulate the situation to get what she wants.

She worked in a psych hospital & has for years wanted to be some sort of therapist for mentally ill....

Let's not pretend she is not manipulating those around her. She even tried to change around Anne Curry's wording this morning on a question.

Very stoic; very manipluative; very UNEMOTIONAL if anything. The crap she was feeding to the cameras when she looking at the babies was fake. It was so contrived. It was weird. I just got the notion she had little emotion about it all. Strange. I was almost in tears just seeing those babies this morning & she showed none.

She probably has more than a few conditions. And it's scary to think that she is respnonsible for raising these children.

What happens when those 8 turn 3? It's not fun at that age as we now. They are a handful. And if you are not mentally stable, toddlers can take you over the edge. But, she'll be pimping out her previous children who will be 8,9 & 10 to do the work she doesn't want to...

want to rep you but it says to spead the love. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Quote:

You hit the nail on the head there. I was just thinking that watching her 'all about me interview'....

She has learned to speak the speak of pyscho babble, if you will...

AND I think her mother knows exactly what the scoop is and she is playing her part in it.

This is what i was thinking too, Read up on Goffman's 'All the World's a Stage' theory

Miss Suleman could get an Academy Award- she has studied her role well and the other actors around her may well have been trained accordingly.

hmm something to ponder

Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
You hit the nail on the head there. I was just thinking that watching her 'all about me interview'....

She has learned to speak the speak of pyscho babble, if you will...

AND I think her mother knows exactly what the scoop is and she is playing her part in it.

This is what i was thinking too, Read up on Goffman's 'All the World's a Stage' theory

Miss Suleman could get an Academy Award- she has studied her role well and the other actors around her may well have been trained accordingly.

hmm something to ponder
I do have a life...

But, I was furious on Friday's interivew on how arrogant & condescending she came off.

Today, same place/same time, (and I had said I was not going to watch, but I did...), and today I was impressed with how manipulative she sounded.

She knows what she is doing. It based on a nuerological disorder, but she has it down to a Academy Award winning performance. She is delusional & has convinced herself & those around her that SHE is the right one..SHE has been the victim..SHE gets what she wants. No one tells HER what do do or say...including Ann Curry...

To listen to her turn around everything about the newborns and make it about HER...absolutely incredible....

I'm off the net for the day.

I do practice a faith & just do sincerly pray that the intervention that is needed comes to this family for the sake of the children. The parents & Naydia Suleman had their chance to get better, they did not..Now, it's the time for the children...

Also, she said today that all the babies are perfectly healthy. I do not have much experience with premature babies...but are there not disorders or issues that may show up as these children start to develop? It would be awesome if they were all perfectly healthy...but for a 1.5lb baby to never have any issues..ever?...miracles do happen in my world, so maybe this will be the case...but scientifically speaking, I am assuming that there will be big developmental issues due to the delivery date & weight of these poor babies.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
I do have a life...
Yes I do too and I'm so addicted to this now it's ridiculous.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I do have a life...
so do I but I just can not help it I want to know what dumb things are going to come out when she opens her mouth. she is getting what she wants attention but it is negitive.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:17 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,903 times
Quote:
She knows what she is doing. It based on a nuerological disorder, but she has it down to a Academy Award winning performance. She is delusional & has convinced herself & those around her that SHE is the right one..SHE has been the victim..SHE gets what she wants. No one tells HER what do do or say...including Ann Curry...
Well you know what they say, Crazy people NEVER seem to know they are CRAZY. That is the trouble with getting them to take their medication. This is why they usually fall into a cyclical effect where they are forced to take meds to correct their behaviors and then quit when they feel better.

She probably got the degree because she was "interested" in mental illness. My professor told us when we all took Abnormal Psychology that we would inevitably find ourselves thinking we had one of these problems ourself and that it is totally normal to have this happen. Because normal sane people question things like that.

There are 2 ways this could have went down. She could be SO delusional that she NEVER identified herself with anyone who has a mental illness, or during the classes- she recognized what disorder she had and then went on to learn how to mask it which helped her to fast talk her way out of any situation where her sanity was in question.

She clearly has mental illness (delusions of granduer/narcissistic tendencies at the moment) and she should be looked at closely. Her parents are enablers and just like with an drug addicted child, seem unable to break away and make their daughter take responsibilities for her actions. Their guilt complex didn't do her any favors and has now ruined more 14 lives.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM

339 posts, read 1,518,803 times
Here is the full interview on You Tube is anyone wants to see it:

YouTube - Nadya Suleman, Mother of Octuplets, Interviewed on Today Show

Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
Quote:
"She told me that all of her kids were through in vitro, and I said 'Gosh, how can you afford that and go to school at the same time?"' she added. "And she said it's because she got paid for it."

Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with having kids - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/ap_on_re_us/octuplets - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting