Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,455,589 times

Advertisements

I just listened to the Ann Curry interview and this woman is a nut job. On top of that, she's got these enormous bloated fish lips from bad plastic surgery. The grandmother is a nut job, too, because she does nothing but enable her daughter.

YouTube - Octuplet Mom Interview
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:51 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,352,368 times
It seems that this woman is suffering from some sort of problem. She obviously has some intelligence, to get as far as she did in school, but maybe some level of immaturity? Lack of common sense? Lack of foresight? The number of kids I can get past because she says she didn't expect 6. The issue is the timing and the planning. If she was so close to her masters, why not wait until she finished it up? Why not plan it a little better? This is the biggest issue I have w/the lady at this point. What was the rush for? Was there a time issue w/the embryos, a "use by" date? Why NOW? So in this regard, the timing, I wonder what the hell she was thinking.

Is 14 kids crazy? To me, hell yes. I've got two now. I used to want 6. That was back when I thought the ones I had would behave, lol!! Now I am all set with two , one girl and one boy. The thought of having any more than that seems crazy to me. When my dh mentions another I literally look at him like he's NUTS. But for others, three, four, five, six, they are happy with that. Plenty of people want more than two.

I don't think she is an evil person, and frankly I don't see CPS needing to come in and take these kids. There are two or three adults in that house, dep. if the father goes off to work, plus people from her church will volunteer to help out as well. I am sure the kids will be cared for. If she gets some sort of deals to talk or whatever, that will help her to be self sufficient income wise. The people that have this many kids don't ever seem to be totally self sufficient anyway, no matter how much money they have. I remember reading on the Duggar's web page that they have a lady that has been coming to do laundry twice a week for 12 years!!! A volunteer coming to do their laundry, not paid! Why? they seem to have enough money to pay someone. And if they cannot pay for their help, how is that self sufficient? If they are self sufficient with all the "volunteer" help they get, including the labor of the teens in the house, then this lady might somehow be able to manage.

She should make damn sure her parents have good life insurance policies. Because if anything happens to either one of them, she is totally screwed. three adults to 14 kids is not so bad, anything less than that is darn close to impossible.

I'll tell you the most disturbing thing about this woman was her lips.

Forced sterilization is not an option, but really, Doctors SHOULD NOT be able to do this.

TV is sensationalizing having these multiple births and huge families and this is part of the problem too. When someone sees this on tv, and the people are managing one way or another, somehow "God" is providing, then they think they can do it too.

Scary. I hope for the best for them, though. She wanted a big family, well she has it. If my DH and I could handle more kids, I'd love to have bunches of them, like I said I always thought 6 would be great. I just don't have the patience for that many.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Suleman told NBC News correspondent Ann Curry in an interview that she was not receiving welfare.Furtney said Suleman didn't consider the food stamps and SSI to be welfare.
"In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare." ...During the interview with Curry, Suleman said, "I'm not receiving help from the government."
Where does she think SSI and food stamps come from? What does she think the definition of welfare is, if not programs designed to help people with need??

Last edited by maciesmom; 02-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 02-09-2009, 09:54 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
yes bella52, I noticed it too...got to look good on tv , ahem.

From this link-
Octuplet mom was treated at Beverly Hills clinic - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090210/ap_on_re_us/octuplets - broken link)

"She also told NBC that she does not intend to go on welfare, though her publicist confirmed Monday that Suleman already receives food stamps and child disability payments to help feed and care for her six other children.
Suleman's publicist Mike Furtney said she receives $490 a month in food stamps. Furtney said Suleman did not want to disclose the nature of her children's disabilities or the nature of those payments.
"In her view these are just payments made for people with legitimate needs and are not, in her view, welfare," Furtney said. "She just believes that there are programs for people with needs and she and her children qualify for some of them."
(another article said she & 3 children get disability)

So she is getting money!! But according to grandma, she isn't receiving any monetary help from the childrens mom for food, etc. What is Suleman doing with her money?? besides the obvious
WHAT is going on here? What is the truth??
I think stuff is slowly leaking out....

Lorrilynn- no one is begrudging that fact that those little innocent beings deserve a chance...but the mom apparently has issues that need addressed or all the help in the world for those babies will be for naught, IMO.

Last edited by crazyma; 02-09-2009 at 10:02 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
mommyto2- you would be surprised how colleges grade these days.Plus a 'c' will getcha a degree
I may be wrong- she could be smart- she certainly seems to think she is

Oh yes those lips- if you look at these pics, she sure looks different from 2006 to now
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Los-An...c6914b34b52984

Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
What's this about her having plastic surgery? I haven't heard about that. Someone please fill me in on that...

Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,352,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
mommyto2- you would be surprised how colleges grade these days.Plus a 'c' will getcha a degree
I may be wrong- she could be smart- she certainly seems to think she is

Oh yes those lips- if you look at these pics, she sure looks different from 2006 to now
Octuplets born in Calif. hospital - Yahoo! News Photos
that is true crazyma, but she was taking master's level courses as well, I've heard.

the lips did look different, but were those pics from 2006 or this pregnancy?

Seems like they may not be her lips....

Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,673 times
First, taking 'Masters level courses' does NOT mean she's getting a master's degree, it meant she's signed up for classes. Since she's been in the hospital for months, I doubt she is getting ANY kind of degree. She would have had to drop out of any program she was in.

Second, she gets SSI for 3 of her older kids, $490 in food stamps a month, and 'disibility' for herself, not to mention the student money. Her parents and older kids live in a mess and supposedly bought her that house. JUST WHY DOES SHE LIE???? AND WHY ISN'T SHE LIVING WITH HER OLDER KIDS????

I'm wondering if the thought of the grandmother is by the public seeing a mess of a house and how disgusted she is with her daughter, maybe the she can cash in on this as well.

Since Suleman is obviously not the top spot for public charity, maybe the change of the flow is to buy sympathy for the grandmother and have the charity go to her so they at least get some cash out of this.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
that is true crazyma, but she was taking master's level courses as well, I've heard.

the lips did look different, but were those pics from 2006 or this pregnancy?

Seems like they may not be her lips....
Here's my theory about this woman - I believe she has a very unhealthy fixation with Angelina Jolie and/or Brad Pitt. Seriously, I bet we find out in time that she's completely delusional and has a history of mental illness, possibly thinks she's already married to Brad.

Brad and Angie are constantly saying they want more and more children. So, not only does this women want all the kids to make herself more attractive to Brad, but she wants the lips, and it looks as though she's had a nosejob as well. She wants to be Angelina Jolie so Brad will automatically fall in love with her.

Whatever her problem is - I feel for those children. The doctor responsible for the IVF should lose his license. This is not a joyous occasion - it's criminal!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:43 AM

1,401 posts, read 3,774,906 times
Oh boy...where do I start....

1. Suleman received a $165,000 settlement for injuries sustained in a riot at a state mental hospital where she once worked. She never gave her mother a dime of it to help with the care of her six children, instead, she took and had more embryos implanted. She used the money to facilitate having more children.

2. Suleman has stated time and time again, she was 'fixated' on having a huge family. She now has that. In my opinion she should be sterilized, so that she can't have any more eggs harvested, fertilized and frozen for future use. Think about it: what's to stop her? She's done it before...people with obsessions of this magnitude, will stop at NOTHING to gain what they desire.

3. She has referred to herself as: 'a professional student living off of grants and parental support'.
Now, when I think about that one long enough, that tells me she'll never have a degree. She'll just keep trying for one, so she can keep getting free money.

4. She certainly likes to pamper herself. Notice her nails: perfectly manicured acrylics. The lips, oh yeah, badly done, but no doubt enhanced. It does make one think she wants to liken herself to Angelina Jolie. I must confess, when I first saw her, that was the first thing I thought, was that she resembled Jolie.

I for one, DO think she needs a full mental evaluation for the sake of those 14 little lives. And if there is one lick of doubt ( and how could there NOT be?) as to whether or not she can pull this off, then those 14 little lives take priority over anything this dumb tomato wants, and CYS should step in.

If she had planned this better, and it still would be considered extreme, but say she'd done good financial planning, had a proper sized home ready, and a good job, the means to raise 14 children, as well as plans in place for help to raise them, then it may be a different story, but this woman has brought these little children in to the world, with absolutely NO idea of what she's going to do, other than a bunch of vague gobbledy-gookum speak to questions about her plans.

The grandmother: as long as that woman continues to help her daughter, her daughter will continue to leech off of her parents. The grandmother is enabling that. She needs to practice what she's preaching and leave it all to the daughter. What a wake up call. The grandmother ticks me off, but at the same time, she's the only one to recognize the insanity of the situation. Only bad part there is that granny did NOTHING to stop it.

The biggest question: The father. Apparently the same man is the sperm donor for all of them. If there were EVER a time for him to step it up...this would be it. I mean even if she doesn't want to marry him, he IS the biological father, and as such he's got a say so, unless he doesn't want that. Then again, if he knew what she was planning, he could be just as nuts as she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting