Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,023 times

Advertisements

I am telling you , you should go look at the radaronline website and see what her own mother has to say about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times
It was heartbreaking to see those babies.
It was like nails on a chalkboard listening to her speak this am.

"Money is just paper."

I would have loved for Anne Curry to ask how she is going to pay for the hospital bill. Even if it is $500per child, that's $4800....it's hard to come up with that when you are unemployed...

She admitted that she did this to fill her personal need.

How sad. It is all just so sad.

She doesn't get it. She never will. May someone enter that woman's life who can take care of those 14 children. I could care less what happens to Naydia Suleman & her injected lips. I just hope sometime down the line that people are in the lives of the children who will teach those children the things they need and give them the love they do deserve.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom View Post
I am telling you , you should go look at the radaronline website and see what her own mother has to say about her.
Wow...I just watched it. I don't know what to say. The mother seems to be pretty tired of this and ready for her daughter and the kids to leave. I don't blame her at all. This woman is pathetic. If I were her parents, I'd want to boot her and the kids out....I just don't think I could.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Wow...I just watched it. I don't know what to say. The mother seems to be pretty tired of this and ready for her daughter and the kids to leave. I don't blame her at all. This woman is pathetic. If I were her parents, I'd want to boot her and the kids out....I just don't think I could.
Naydia Suleman slammed her mother this morning & then later on the interview said how wonderful she is...

Her mom has backpedaled as well.

She is a daddy's girl, so the father talks about her like she is the mother of Jesus.

There are clearly severe issues there as we all know.

How could you walk away from 14 children?

Yet, how awful she did this to her parents.

If it was 1 or 2 children, maybe her folks could cut the purse strings & apron strings, but we are talking 14 now. Those children would be taken into foster care if the parents were not there.

In the end, the children are the ones who are getting the worst of all of this & that is what is so, so wrong.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:46 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,903 times
Quote:
She calls her choices "unconventional".....that's all she thinks of them...just "unconventional". I also heard that she has been diagnosed with a "depressive disorder."
So for her, instead of going to buy a new pair of shoes everytime she feels lonely or sad, she goes and implants some embryos and pops out another baby and once she is not pregnant anymore she feels useless or something and needs to get knocked up again.

I am sure this is a real disorder in the DSM or something. I imagine it is obsessive-compulsive in nature.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Naydia Suleman slammed her mother this morning & then later on the interview said how wonderful she is...

Her mom has backpedaled as well.

She is a daddy's girl, so the father talks about her like she is the mother of Jesus.

There are clearly severe issues there as we all know.

How could you walk away from 14 children?

Yet, how awful she did this to her parents.

If it was 1 or 2 children, maybe her folks could cut the purse strings & apron strings, but we are talking 14 now. Those children would be taken into foster care if the parents were not there.

In the end, the children are the ones who are getting the worst of all of this & that is what is so, so wrong.
I watched the mother's interview online. I never watched Naydia's interview. I'd be interested to see an interview with her father (idk if there is one or not)....that could really shed some light on some of her issues.

It is very unfair to her to be doing this to her parents....and wrong...I wonder how old her parents are? How long is this situation even going to be able to continue?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I watched the mother's interview online. I never watched Naydia's interview. I'd be interested to see an interview with her father (idk if there is one or not)....that could really shed some light on some of her issues.

It is very unfair to her to be doing this to her parents....and wrong...I wonder how old her parents are? How long is this situation even going to be able to continue?
The father comes off as a grown up punk.

I am sure that there were bad times in that home & still are...and that is something all of us can respect if there are underlying issues b/c of that....

But, yet, the father takes no responsibility, either.

He left for Iraq to be a translator. My dh was in Iraq. I could never imagine sending MY DAD over there so he could pay my bills...plus, my dad would never do that if I had 25 kids...my dad is cool & all, but he has no problems drawing the line, even when we have been at the bottom...

Her parents look middle age; probably in their 50s. This will age them & probably bring on health issues, which will expedite the aging process.

It's a free country. This wil be allowed to continue until CPS steps in. And more mentally ill woman are watching her & thinking how lucky she is b/c she has little babies to hold....

Old 02-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
The father comes off as a grown up punk.

I am sure that there were bad times in that home & still are...and that is something all of us can respect if there are underlying issues b/c of that....

But, yet, the father takes no responsibility, either.

He left for Iraq to be a translator. My dh was in Iraq. I could never imagine sending MY DAD over there so he could pay my bills...plus, my dad would never do that if I had 25 kids...my dad is cool & all, but he has no problems drawing the line, even when we have been at the bottom...

Her parents look middle age; probably in their 50s. This will age them & probably bring on health issues, which will expedite the aging process.

It's a free country. This wil be allowed to continue until CPS steps in. And more mentally ill woman are watching her & thinking how lucky she is b/c she has little babies to hold....
I think her mother looks maybe early 60's even from the video.

My problem is that she will be need to support these children for the next 18-22 years. Even the oldest (7) will need to be supported for another 11-15 years.

By the time the kids are grown her parents may be in their 80's....I agree that with all the stress associated with this they probably won't even be around then. So what will she do then?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
Quote:
I think her mother looks maybe early 60's even from the video.

My problem is that she will be need to support these children for the next 18-22 years. Even the oldest (7) will need to be supported for another 11-15 years.

By the time the kids are grown her parents may be in their 80's....I agree that with all the stress associated with this they probably won't even be around then. So what will she do then?
On top of that one of them is Autistic

Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
So for her, instead of going to buy a new pair of shoes everytime she feels lonely or sad, she goes and implants some embryos and pops out another baby and once she is not pregnant anymore she feels useless or something and needs to get knocked up again.

I am sure this is a real disorder in the DSM or something. I imagine it is obsessive-compulsive in nature.
I remember learning about a condition back in college psych class where women have babies b/c of it meeting a need. They cannot handle the child once they get out of baby phase & hence, have another... Again, this was awhile ago & not a good explanation, but there is a condition.

Also, she has a BS in psych...I am wondering how much of what she has learned she has put to use in order to manipulate the situation to get what she wants.

She worked in a psych hospital & has for years wanted to be some sort of therapist for mentally ill....

Let's not pretend she is not manipulating those around her. She even tried to change around Anne Curry's wording this morning on a question.

Very stoic; very manipluative; very UNEMOTIONAL if anything. The crap she was feeding to the cameras when she looking at the babies was fake. It was so contrived. It was weird. I just got the notion she had little emotion about it all. Strange. I was almost in tears just seeing those babies this morning & she showed none.

She probably has more than a few conditions. And it's scary to think that she is respnonsible for raising these children.

What happens when those 8 turn 3? It's not fun at that age as we now. They are a handful. And if you are not mentally stable, toddlers can take you over the edge. But, she'll be pimping out her previous children who will be 8,9 & 10 to do the work she doesn't want to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting