Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 04:32 PM

339 posts, read 1,518,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I still wanna know about the babies Daddy!!! Supposedly he is listed on 4 of the birth certificates of the older kids. Inquiring minds want to know if he plays child support for any of them!!
He should!

And he is a 'friend'. Some friend.
Frankly, as crazy as this sounds, I could see how a clever argument could be made which gives this guy no financial obligations. Let's say one day he decides to walk into a sperm donation bank on one or more days and leaves a deposit. Then one day he is conversing with his friend Nayda and he happens to mention his activities. Since we know she is crazy she decides to go there and collect. Of course his profile should be anonymous but she knows him well enough to spec out the right profile.

Do I think it happened this way... no way! BUT try to go after the guy for child support and I bet the story will start to sound a lot more like that than one where he fully knew ahead of time what her plans were and he agreed to go along with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 04:39 PM

339 posts, read 1,518,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
But if he was really her "friend", then wouldn't he have knowingly donated it TO HER and would have signed a contract stating it had to be used for her?
With the little bit that has been revealed about the situation, this is how I am guessing it really happened until we hear more news that leads us to think otherwise.

I would need a lawyers advice to know in situation like this if the law says a man can be obligated to pay child support. I have no idea for sure. But I am stuck on the word "donated" which makes me think he is free and clear.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:46 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
But why is he designated as father on 4 of the older childrens birth certificates? ( I read that somewhere on one of the news blurbs, forget the man's name)

If she wasn't married to him, then wouldn't the name be left blank unless he gave permission?

I would think he should be liable for support if he was named father.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
But why is he designated as father on 4 of the older childrens birth certificates? ( I read that somewhere on one of the news blurbs, forget the man's name)

If she wasn't married to him, then wouldn't the name be left blank unless he gave permission?

Yes he would....but it would be HER responsibility to take him to court to get it.

But is his name on the most recent eight's birth certificates?

Old 02-07-2009, 04:58 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
He should not be obligated to support the children he is just the donor. The IVF doctors are the ones that need to support the children

Old 02-07-2009, 05:14 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
He should not be obligated to support the children he is just the donor. The IVF doctors are the ones that need to support the children
We're talking about the kids for whom he is listed as the father on the birth certificates. If he donated specifically for her, I really have no idea if he could be obligated to pay only being a donor. I'm 100% sure that if he simply donated without specifiying it was for her, he could not be forced to pay.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-07-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-07-2009, 05:20 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,168,153 times
Quote:
I still wanna know about the babies Daddy!!! Supposedly he is listed on 4 of the birth certificates of the older kids. Inquiring minds want to know if he plays child support for any of them!!
He should!

Whole other argument there, but I don't think sperm donors should be obligated to child support. That's not a part of what they are signing on for when they agree to donate.

Quote:

When I had my first I was not yet married to her daddy. I was able to put his name on the birth certificate. I'm fairly certain the hospital never asked his permission.
I think I might feel sorry for the guy. Maybe he thought he was doing something altruistic for his friend, never dreaming that she meant to bring all the embryo to full term. I tend to think it more likely he thought he was only going to be fathering one baby. She sounds pretty manipulative, and he probably got suckered into being a part of something he had no control over once he made his donation.
....anyway I find that easier to believe than that there are two people out there crazy enough to plot something like this. That's just scary.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:50 PM

431 posts, read 1,642,023 times
well if she is as mentally ill as I think she is then she knows how to manipulte people in to doing what she wants. I don't get how she thinks she can talk down to people and then expect any of us to feel bad for her. what is going to happen when the truth comes out and she is dropped like a bad habit and her kids possibly taken from her? and as much as she upsets me I am facinated (sp.) in the way she thinks and acts for the simple fact that she condradicts herself so much and has such an ego that her head dosen't fit thru doors. people like her make me glad that I am not like that at all.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:41 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
He should!

Huh?? He donated his sperm to her, at her request. That was it. Child support would certainly NOT be his responsibility here.

He became engaged (and may be married now, I don't know) at some point after the donation, and he requested that she not use any more of his sperm.
However, I think these were frozen embryos, weren't they? So, she had already used the sperm, long ago...and simply had these embryos implanted.

Geesh. Sometimes I just hate technology.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 AM

797 posts, read 2,993,073 times
After watching the teaser before the full interview I also think this mom must have some sort of Angelina obsession along with her baby obsession. She definately had some work done to her face and in one of the reports I read that her mother said that she just wanted one more child to get to seven total. Funny thing is that there was a interview that Angelina did awhile back stating that she too also wanted 7 children. If you do the math she must have had the embryos transferred shortly before Angelina gave birth to her twins last summer. She probably watched Angelina in the all the headlines and got jealous!

There is also one comment she made in the interview that just doesn't add up....

Asked what she felt she lacked, she says, "Feeling of self and identity. I didn't feel as though, when I was a child, I had much control of my environment. I felt powerless. And that gave me a sense of predictability. Reflecting back on my childhood, I know it wasn't functional. It was pretty, pretty dysfunctional, and whose isn't?"

Since when is a sense of predictabilty a symptom of a dysfunctional family? Children thrive best in environments that are predictable.

Something was off in her family life to create a person like this, but predictablility just doesn't make sense. (to me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting