Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 PM

339 posts, read 1,518,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Publicist Mike Furtney said Nadya Suleman has told him it's her dream to eventually earn a Ph.D. in some field involving counseling. "
Ummm... I thought her dream was to be a mother.... in fact, I thought "it was all [she] ever wanted."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 11:27 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
just looked at the you tube stuff...geesh what dingbat. Arrogant and condensending to parnets every where. Smerky.

You know, any normal mother would either be at the hospital around her newborns or at home with her OTHER 6 CHILDREN and not in a studio giving some lame 'sob' story. woo hoo look at me. Disabled my hiney.
sickening. Just sickening.
And the poor kids...their father should step out and up and help with them. After all she claims there is one father, so produce this 'friend'!! He should bear some responsibility.
gosh this makes me ill.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:31 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaindow View Post
Ummm... I thought her dream was to be a mother.... in fact, I thought "it was all [she] ever wanted."
Like I said earlier, the woman is a walking contradiction.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I am watching the today show on youtube

Not only is she a total nut job but it looks like she had plastic surgery.
Every channel had part of that interview on last night...

I thought the same thing. Her nose & lips.

But I think she was born with the smirk...

Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,673 times
She said she holds each new baby for 45 minutes every day... When was the last time you heard her say ANYTHING AT ALL about her love or attention she gives (?) to her other 6 kids? Has she even seen them since she went into the hospital weeks ago and since been released? I haven't heard her even mention any of them.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:42 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,756,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Ok.

Off to find the recipe b/c my children are literally bouncing off the walls & we still have a good 16" of snow on the ground so they cannot even walk in it to burn off some energy Spring needs to get here soon!!
And you're going to feed them chocolate chip cookies? SUGAR HIGH!!!! You're a braver women than I!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
She said she holds each new baby for 45 minutes every day... When was the last time you heard her say ANYTHING AT ALL about her love or attention she gives (?) to her other 6 kids? Has she even seen them since she went into the hospital weeks ago and since been released? I haven't heard her even mention any of them.
I think that is a good thing that the media hasn't hooned in on those children yet. I am thinking that since they are minors & the legal guardian is not around, the media has to be very careful. As they should be.

Her previous 6 have a heck of a life ahead of them. I can't even imagine.

The negative attention can be handled by an adult. Adults can hash it out.

Children cannot nor should they be expected to endure what their "mother" has brought upon them.

It's just a shame that their mother probably has the emotional capacity of a 16yr old & is not emotionally an adult.

I have a relative like this. She is 26 yet behaves & talks in the manner of a young teenager. It seriously is a condition that does have medical help available. The issue is that this woman has enabling family members as does my relative. If no one is willing to help a person like this, nothing positive happens.

There are real mental issues here. The media is only encouraging this woman as well as other woman like her who want to be in her position.

I really hope that down the line, medical intervention is provided. These children are not going to be living in a home with a mentally stable mother. That is very, very serious.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
And you're going to feed them chocolate chip cookies? SUGAR HIGH!!!! You're a braver women than I!
My son is at the age now where "helping" in the kitchen is very exciting. He was able to pour in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, etc & then help dry the plastic items we used. It was fun.

He had a little breakdown b/c he could have any until after dinner, but he survived

Old 02-07-2009, 07:56 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
How much money would it cost to raise 14 children? What kind of job would provide that income to a single parent? If she had the education and talent to do such a job, she'd be giving up time with her children. I hope someone asks her how she thinks her plan will work.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:02 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
So far it has been confirmed that one of her 6 kids that she had previously is Autistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting