Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I know that for twins, 37 weeks is considered "full-term" (although the goal is always get close to 40 weeks but when carrying more than 1 - well, 37 weeks can't come soon enough!). I have no idea what full-term for octuplets would be.
A litter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Actually, with 8 teenagers (not counting the older ones who will still be there), she would need some very strong medication.
Hahaha. Definitely TRUE. But what I was basically trying to say is that after she is no longer having to change diapers and after the kids are more self-sufficient and are not so young they're running all over the place, she won't really need constant help other than financially.

As to the older ones "still being there," that's interesting because maybe they will feel unable to grow up and leave home because they have to help take care of their younger siblings. I still think part of her plan for having kids was to have someone else financially supporting her (and her thought that her own children could never say no to her) after her parents are gone. This also generally just goes along with my idea that she wanted to have so many kids because she needed to be loved by someone so desperately.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
Quote:
A litter?
Hahaha

Doctors have been ordered to pay child support for unplanned children that occurred after vasectomies, tube ties, etc. So why should this doctor who did IVF on an insane women not have to pay?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Also, what about the kids going to college? Will she able to fund that at all or even help the kids pay for it?
I think that's how the vicious cycle of government assistance that some families run in gets started. She seems to have no qualms for milking the system. I've seen how 3 generations in one family (relatives of friends) have come to live off of welfare, food stamps & disability because that's what they've seen. They live the high life for folks on assistance. Imagine, the 60+ yr old grandfather who is a bum, with the 40 yr old son who has never held a steady job & lives at home with the 19 yr old grandson who refuses to go to school or work because he knows there are ways to get around the system & collect. They all live in the same house - 9 of them & no one works - yet the kids attend private school and are able to participate in pricey extra-curricular activities - all on the taxpayer's dime. Just gross!

Hopefully, her children will have a fighting chance & not become a part of such a cycle but I have my doubts based on what I've seen of her.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Hahaha

Doctors have been ordered to pay child support for unplanned children that occurred after vasectomies, tube ties, etc. So why should this doctor who did IVF on an insane women not have to pay?
Because those people did not want to have the children. She did and even planned it...they were not unplanned.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:40 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,663 times
Quote:
A litter?
Bwahah!

Old 02-13-2009, 02:00 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post

Hopefully, her children will have a fighting chance & not become a part of such a cycle but I have my doubts based on what I've seen of her.
Her parents are estranged which answers my question in which I was wondering about the relationship b/w those two...

They never gave their daughter the tools to grow up and some of this probably due to problems in the marriage. I am wondering if her mom was a happy mom, also.

It would be awesome if these kids could break a very obvious cycle.

What is so upsetting is that she choose to place them in this cycle. No financial support. No emotional support. Living off the government yet convincing yourself it is not welfare and it is "temporary" those she's been doing it for over 2 years now.

The best thing that could come out of this is that there will be people in the lives of these children who give them the guidance & proper care & love they need. As for the mother, it will be up to her to either get the mental help she needs or not. I am assuming she has convinced herself that she is completely normal.

The cycle these children have been put in is tough to be ok.

I also have a relative who fits the mold of this woman to a tee & parents around her who enable to dangerous levels. She's 26 & never had a job, yet has 2 children who wear the most expensive clothing & have roomS filled with brand new toys. Her son is not allowed to go outside to play b/c he might get his shoes dirty. She lives with her parents. Her parents see nothing wrong with her not letting her child go out to play b/c his shoes might get dirty. I witnessed it. It's heartwrenching.

There are several woman out there like this woman in CA. And they have a circus full of people who are willing to enable them.

Yet, there are several woman who have taken the hardest step...which is to get help to break the cycle...many can't do it after a few days, but some succeed. It's possible. I've been blessed enough to see some amazing woman overcome obstacles that I never even knew existed. It just takes incredibly hard work, the ability to let go of very "self" thinking, and the right people in your life & the wrong people out.

Unfortunately, I see some things in this woman that point to the fact she does, to a large extent, know full well what she is doing. And that is what is upsetting to me, at least.

Let's hope these kids get a chance with the right people over the long run.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:12 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
Quote:
Because those people did not want to have the children. She did and even planned it...they were not unplanned.
Still though doctors have been ordered to pay child support in certain circumstances. With this woman being a nut job this would be another one of those circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post

Let's hope these kids get a chance with the right people over the long run.
This is not looking good at all for those kids. If they were taken only 6 of the octuplets will have a chance for adoption. The rest of the children are too old and/or have disabilities.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Still though doctors have been ordered to pay child support in certain circumstances. With this woman being a nut job this would be another one of those circumstances.
This is a completely different situation from the others you were describing. SHE and she alone is responsible for supporting her children. She needs to get off her lazy butt and get a JOB...one that will get her and the kids good health insurance coverage. Sure, she can get food stamps since she obviously needs them, but the disability payments have to stop. She should continue living with her parents as long as they allow it to save money and utilize their assistance for child care...but NOT for financial support for the children.

She also needs to cut out her BS begging for donations and doing all these interviews.

As far as school, she doesn't have time for it right now. She just doesn't. She should have finished up with school and gone as far as she wanted to BEFORE she started having children or at least before having so many. She needs to be WORKING to pay for whatever she has to for her children, then use the food stamps to help with food, take advantage of free rent and child care with her parents as long as they are willing, and use more of the money she earns at her JOB to pay off that student loan debt. That's what she needs to be doing.

If she's already earned money from interviews, she needs to IMMEDIATELY pay off the ENTIRE student loan debt and maybe start savings accounts for each of the kids (other than the autistic ones) to go to college themselves. If she earned $1.2 million from the interview (if that's an actual number), then there's $50,000 in student loan debts and she still has $1.15 million to start saving for the kids. Assuming 12 of the kids will be able to go, that's almost $100,000 for each one.

Then she works her JOB to pay for everything else.

She also needs to get a JOB with health insurance coverage that would pay for counseling and EVERY one of the kids who is old enough (or when they are old enough) needs to be in it at least weekly. SHE also needs to be in counseling and on medication herself. She also needs to try to find STRONG adult role models (including male role models) for the children.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-13-2009 at 02:46 PM..

Old 02-13-2009, 02:43 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times
Quote:
This is a completely different situation from the others you were describing. SHE and she alone is responsible for supporting her children. She needs to get off her lazy butt and get a JOB...one that will get her and the kids good health insurance coverage. Sure, she can get food stamps since she obviously needs them, but the disability payments have to stop. She should continue living with her parents as long as they allow it to save money and utilize their assistance for child care...but NOT for financial support for the children.

She also needs to cut out her BS begging for donations and doing all these interviews.
Her disability payments stopped when she choose to become pregnant this last time.

The disability payments for her children are completely legal & justified regardless of how she spends the money.

Why should she get off her butt & lift one manicured nail?

Really, the last laugh is on all of us. If any of us lived near this woman & we saw an ad to babysit or clean the house or fold clothes...if possible, I assume most would do it. She knows people are not pleased with her, but she could care less.

She's always pushed the kids off on others to care for while she completes what is important to her : manicures, plastic surgery, "school" though it's quite humorous she wants to be a counselor, and making the rounds of interviews so she can pimp out premature babies to the likes of People magazine, ET & the Today Show...all which have "quality" written over them...

So, the nutcase manipulated the situation & will continue to do so.

The PR is using her. She is using the PR firm. I highly doubt she is aware of what is on the site.

Currently, she is surrounded by "yes" people. And that is only going to intensify her mental instability.

It might not be today or next week, but those babies will be given a chance b/c enough people realize that its not fair they are raised by a nutcase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting