Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:17 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

I am really speechless as to how you (and your mother) can live in that environment. Can you NOT see that if things continue like this that someone is going to be dead?

I cannot tell you what to do. This is beyond even me. I think that your brother is deadly dangerous and honestly, can you have him committed or something and then MOVE AWAY while he is in there? I'm not kidding here. Both of your lives may be at stake.

This is very frightening situation and I would take it very, very seriously if i were you.

wow

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
call the cops move out.
he is there bek his mother wants him there.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 AM

139 posts, read 569,042 times
WOW,....Your mom is the head of the family.She is not taking control,which is her job.Your brother is a violent drug addict.I am thinking she wouldn't let a violent drug addict(not in family)move in and threaten the lives of you,your sister and herself.Would she???
First look up NAR ANON.They are a support group for the people and families affected by the addict.She will meet people who were or are going through the same or similar situations.Then she needs to go from the first meeting,straight to the police station and file for removal of your brother and orders of protection.She needs to coordinate with the police to remove you,sister and herself before the police arrive.Your brother needs to be locked up(a time out long over due)and learn there are consequences of ones actions.
IF NOTHING CHANGES,....NOTHING CHANGES.If your mom doesn't do anything someone or all of you are going to be killed.What will your mom do then?Please show your mom this post.WOW

Old 12-08-2009, 05:16 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You need to talk to the police to figure out the best way to handle this.
Figure what out...the police dont hve time to do the things your parents should have. I agree call the police and have your sister press charges for him taking her car without her permission, your sister should file a claim in small claims court for the repairs to her car.

YOU should call the police on the guns alone...your mother needs to give him 1 month to get all his " junk" out of the garage.

you all are rearing a 20 year old brat, and he knows how to play all of you.

I agree you all, (you, your sister and mom) need to get together to figure out what you want out of this situation...change or all of you go on playing this dangerous game. but somebody is going to have to grow up...your family or your brother.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 AM

139 posts, read 569,042 times
A brat is child.He is a 20yr.old violent,suicidal,drug addicted nut with an arsenal.Is mom insane?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Figure what out...the police dont hve time to do the things your parents should have.
Figure out the safest way to seize his guns.

In our city, we had a young man kills 3 police officers and wound 2 others during a domestic disturbance.

He was stock piling weapons and ammunition like the OP's brother.

This isn't the type of problem where you simply pick up the phone and call the police.

Doing it that way could be deadly for everyone.

It's best to go see the police and talk to them.

They really need to approach this house with a SWAT team.

They shouldn't ever get a domestic call where one lone police officer responds.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:24 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
No, my mom is not insane. You see, this kind of full-out cataclysm only happens once a year. (Although a number minor incidents have happened, e.g. where my brother calls my mom a "*****" or tells her to "**** off", usually accompanied by him smashing something or punching his wall). She is prone to abuse, though. For example, my brother is always hounding her for money, telling her he "needs money to make money". Sometimes she gives in to his wild promises of being paid back (sometimes in double) a week later, which never materializes. If she doesn't comply with his wishes (money or otherwise) he brings up "all the stuff he does around here" (though he hasn't done anything approaching major in a few years) or "you don't love me!"

The reason my brother has all this stuff is because he's worked full-time as a carpet layer for our family business for the past four years, all the while receiving free housing, food, etc. Though recently (actually, for a long time now) he hasn't been going to work, or going to work only sporadically, usually late.

I actually made a post about him about a year previous: //www.city-data.com/forum/paren...should-we.html . Since then, he has stopped driving my mom's SUV and started driving his Cadillac (even though, as it was full of stuff, he had to take my sister's car last night). However, it still largely the same things going on.

Last edited by tvdxer; 12-08-2009 at 03:48 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoteddie View Post
WOW,....Your mom is the head of the family.She is not taking control,which is her job.Your brother is a violent drug addict.I am thinking she wouldn't let a violent drug addict(not in family)move in and threaten the lives of you,your sister and herself.Would she???
First look up NAR ANON.They are a support group for the people and families affected by the addict.She will meet people who were or are going through the same or similar situations.Then she needs to go from the first meeting,straight to the police station and file for removal of your brother and orders of protection.She needs to coordinate with the police to remove you,sister and herself before the police arrive.Your brother needs to be locked up(a time out long over due)and learn there are consequences of ones actions.
IF NOTHING CHANGES,....NOTHING CHANGES.If your mom doesn't do anything someone or all of you are going to be killed.What will your mom do then?Please show your mom this post.WOW
As far as that is concerned, my father was the head of the household. Although my brother and him got in some scruffles, he was usually able to puff out his chest and then talk to him. He died when he was 17 (and I was 20), on 10-01-06. My mother was in shock at his death, having to take over his business as well as be a single mother that day. This escalated out of control, first with him selling my dad's stuff and pocketing the money, and then all this. She was ignorant of this until much later. I will show her this post, as well as look up NAR ANON.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:23 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
I am curious, was your bio father, his bio father, as well?

Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Figure out the safest way to seize his guns.

In our city, we had a young man kills 3 police officers and wound 2 others during a domestic disturbance.

He was stock piling weapons and ammunition like the OP's brother.

This isn't the type of problem where you simply pick up the phone and call the police.

Doing it that way could be deadly for everyone.

It's best to go see the police and talk to them.

They really need to approach this house with a SWAT team.

They shouldn't ever get a domestic call where one lone police officer responds.
You've lost control when you can call the police. If the police have had this kind proplem before, dont you think they would be better prepared if OP said his brother was armed and dangerous...somebody let him to have guns in the house...kinda late to start debating outcomes.

If you cant call the police, who can you call? OP and family dont have to be there while police do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting