Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 10:36 PM

68 posts, read 344,795 times

Advertisements

Hello...

I am wondering if any of you had ever gone through something similiar to this issue.

My friend's son has a very good appetite. He will eat till he is "stuffed." Then, for some reason he will throw up his food. He has a VERY sensative gag reflex, so any little type of gag that he does and then it is all over...he will throw up, and if he is full, all of his food comes up.

he has started this issue not too long ago, about a week or so. And I ma getting concerned that he will make it a habbit to stuff himslef and then throw up. I say this because I have heard him say (after he eats his food)...I have to throw up now I am too full. I am also concerned about the acid and the harm that it will cause.

how does one help a child that easily throws up? I told my friend about portion control, but she told me that he insist that he is still hungry.

Any thoughts on what could be going on? Or how to help mom and child?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Yikes. Let mom know that she needs to bring the child to see a doctor soon. He could have GERD. The stomach acid will in fact cause some serious problems for his esophagus and can eventually lead to a precancerous condition called Barrett's esophagus.

Gastroesophageal reflux disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
OMG! not to mention if this goes on it will become an eating disorder of gorge yourself till you're full, but don't worry, you can always throw up!

many times my son tells me he is still hungry, and if my father or DH is with him, they will continue to feed, and he then feels ill.
i on the other hand just tell him to wait a few minutes, knowing he has had more than plenty to eat and just hasn't yet felt full (which they say takes 20 minutes)

Old 03-13-2010, 06:08 PM

68 posts, read 344,795 times
Thanks for the link. I will forward it too. I hope this problem gets settled soon.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:14 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,845,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea2010 View Post
Hello...

My friend's son has a very good appetite. He will eat till he is "stuffed." Then, for some reason he will throw up his food. He has a VERY sensative gag reflex, so any little type of gag that he does and then it is all over...he will throw up, and if he is full, all of his food comes up.

how does one help a child that easily throws up? I told my friend about portion control, but she told me that he insist that he is still hungry.

Any thoughts on what could be going on? Or how to help mom and child?

Thanks!
Why is mom feeding him until he is stuffed? He's 3...she should feed him normal servings for his age and only that for now. Have him wait an hour and if he is still hungry give him a healthy snack.

He's doing it for the attention.

She needs to discuss it with her pediatrician if it continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting