Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:02 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Guaranteed bold-faced lie. Ask her, what was the special name given to that first day? She should know the answer to that question. We aren't even allowed to wear nicknames on our nametags because that would seem 'suggestive', and your daughter was told to shake her **** in someone's face? Yeah, right.
Why would my daughter lie to me about something like that? She felt uncomfortable enough about the "extra suggestive side work" she would have to endure, she never started the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 01:03 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Most "family restaurants" don't publish a yearly calendar featuring "their girls".

Not to mention the fact that the Hooters website specifically says "Hooters characterizes itself as a neighborhood place, not a typical family restaurant. Sixty-eight percent of customers are male, most between the ages of 25-54. Hooters does not market itself to families"

I have a family member that manages a Hooters and he will tell you that Hooters is selling sex appeal right along with the food. He hires girls based on their bodies for pete's sake. Hooters may not be a place for pervs but it is a place for men to ogle the girls in their skimpy outfits. That's all fine and dandy and what Hooters built their success on. It has it's place, but for others to try to claim they are a family oriented restaurant is ridiculous.
Wonder how long Hooters would stay in business if they put the girls in old fashioned traditional waitress uniforms.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:04 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Why would my daughter lie to me about something like that? She felt uncomfortable enough about the "extra suggestive side work" she would have to endure, she never started the job.
Maybe she wanted your attention??? A lot of girls I know have lied to me about being hired at Hooters and told me outrageous stories. I've worked at three different Hooters, I know just a little bit about them. What was the name they gave her first day?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
He hires girls based on their bodies for pete's sake. Hooters may not be a place for pervs but it is a place for men to ogle the girls in their skimpy outfits. That's all fine and dandy and what Hooters built their success on. It has it's place, but for others to try to claim they are a family oriented restaurant is ridiculous.
Wonder how long Hooters would stay in business if they put the girls in old fashioned traditional waitress uniforms.
I've worked at at least a dozen different establishments around the tri-state area, and if you know any girl that works in the service industry at any place you make money (e.g., not the Cracker Barrel or Friendly's), PEOPLE ARE HIRED BASED ON LOOKS. I've hostessed at a fine dining place in which a manager told the hostess she needed to lose a weight if she was going to be the face of the restaurant. Why do you think that many swanky places hold "casting calls" for their servers (yes, that means you show up with a bunch of girls aged 18-25 and they examine the way you look and how 'bubbly' you are) and many online replies to server/hostess jobs say NO PICTURE NO REPLY?

Scroll NYC food service jobs if you don't believe me. I know of a place called the "Coffeeshop" in Union Sq that ONLY hires Russian models. Yes, it's a coffeeshop!

These aren't Hooters, they are "ordinary" burn and turn restaurants. The nicer the place you work at, and the more money you make, you are bound to face discrimination or be told you don't have "the look" to work there.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:12 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Based on looks is fine, I understand needing to be presentable or having the right look for a place. But Hooters will turn a girl down because she doesn't have an ass or a nice set of hooters, how many other places prioritize their hiring decision based on that?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Based on looks is fine, I understand needing to be presentable or having the right look for a place. But Hooters will turn a girl down because she doesn't have an ass or a nice set of hooters, how many other places prioritize their hiring decision based on that?
Plenty of places! Like I said, if you aren't working at someplace like Applebee's, the Cracker Barrel, or Friendly's (e.g., someplace you are making money), you will find a strange coincidence. Walk down 7th avenue looking for someplace to eat. Look at the hostess, guaranteed she'll look like model. In a lot of places, you'll note they'll have NO male service staff whatsoever (other than bussers). Coincidence? I think not. I used to work at a place that hired both male and female servers, and only FEMALES were scheduled to work cocktailing shifts, the shifts that made the most money. To say the least, guys got fed up and left. The places that you will make the most money are easy as to spot as soon as you walk into them: What do the people look like?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe she wanted your attention??? A lot of girls I know have lied to me about being hired at Hooters and told me outrageous stories. I've worked at three different Hooters, I know just a little bit about them. What was the name they gave her first day?
Wanted my attention for what??? Are you suggesting she is that manipulative to lie to me, her own mother, about being hired at Hooters so that she could what??...get a hand-out from me in lieu of having to promote her sexuality on the job?? More like she came to her senses and remembered what she has been taught her whole life, of which telling the truth was one of them.

A name?? Probably Bambi. My daughter doesn't usually go into long drawn out explanations unless asked. I feel sorry for you that you think you are the "only one" worthwhile enough to acquire a job at Hooters?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Wanted my attention for what??? Are you suggesting she is that manipulative to lie to me, her own mother, about being hired at Hooters so that she could what??...get a hand-out from me in lieu of having to promote her sexuality on the job?? More like she came to her senses and remembered what she has been taught her whole life, of which telling the truth was one of them.
I don't know her motivations, but then again, I don't know the motivation of some girl telling me last week that she got hired at my H location and they made her dance on the bar (she apparently didn't know that I worked at that location when she told me). My response, "Oh, I work there, it's like any corporate place, if not a little more strict, there's no 'dancing on the bar'." Her response, "Oh."

Quote:
A name?? Probably Bambi.
Um, yeah. I think I got the picture.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I don't know her motivations, but then again, I don't know the motivation of some girl telling me last week that she got hired at my H location and they made her dance on the bar (she apparently didn't know that I worked at that location when she told me). My response, "Oh, I work there, it's like any corporate place, if not a little more strict, there's no 'dancing on the bar'." Her response, "Oh."

Um, yeah. I think I got the picture.
I already told you her motivation and it was to make *extra* money in conjuction with her day job.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I already told you her motivation and it was to make *extra* money in conjuction with her day job.
I mean her motivation for telling an untruth, because it's clear that that's an untruth. But I wouldn't want to stain your daughter, maybe it's you telling the untruth. Either way, that just didn't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting