Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:58 PM

322 posts, read 300,186 times

Advertisements

Is this thread seriously still going? Wow. Give it up people. Move around the country and find out that people are people everywhere you go. There are rude ones, nice ones, anti social ones, friendly ones, etc. Seriously, give it up.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHATEPA!!! View Post
I just want to clarify something here. I don't think there's anything wrong with putting in an honest days work with your hands. I myself had worked in factories and plants in the past, and I'm not trying to demean those who do that kind of work for a living.

My beef is that people in PA who work in industry related fields performing "grunt" labor tend to reinforce alot of bad stereotypes that I feel PA residents reinforce i.e. acting all tough, macho, starting trouble after getting a "shot and a beer" in them, constant dirty jokes, saying the "F" word almost literally in every other breath, among other things. A woman I know that is in Personnel at the local Wal-Mart had to tell the construction workers remodeling the bathrooms next door to "Please lay off the F words!!! People are trying to work in here, and not everybody wants to hear that besides!". Plus, the construction workers, with their hammers, busted a few holes in the walls of the bathroom that went through and cracked the walls of the Personnel office.

That's an example of what I was referring to earlier. I'm not saying EVERYONE who works in blue collar industrial labor is like that. It just ties in with what I said earlier about PA being a crappy place to live. It's like an "Island of Misfit Toys".
Honestly, how old are you? Did you ever figure out that there is blue collar workers everywhere. Did you ever realize that there are construction workers in all 50 states? Seriously, only in PA construction workers drop the f bomb at the local MalWart.........

Old 11-04-2007, 06:17 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHATEPA!!! View Post
I just want to clarify something here. I don't think there's anything wrong with putting in an honest days work with your hands. I myself had worked in factories and plants in the past, and I'm not trying to demean those who do that kind of work for a living.

My beef is that people in PA who work in industry related fields performing "grunt" labor tend to reinforce alot of bad stereotypes that I feel PA residents reinforce i.e. acting all tough, macho, starting trouble after getting a "shot and a beer" in them, constant dirty jokes, saying the "F" word almost literally in every other breath, among other things. A woman I know that is in Personnel at the local Wal-Mart had to tell the construction workers remodeling the bathrooms next door to "Please lay off the F words!!! People are trying to work in here, and not everybody wants to hear that besides!". Plus, the construction workers, with their hammers, busted a few holes in the walls of the bathroom that went through and cracked the walls of the Personnel office.

That's an example of what I was referring to earlier. I'm not saying EVERYONE who works in blue collar industrial labor is like that. It just ties in with what I said earlier about PA being a crappy place to live. It's like an "Island of Misfit Toys".
1) Not everyone is like that.
2) Swearing isn't "rude" just not "civil". Civil is subjective.
3) You seem to confuse rude with hard-ass.

People claim PA people are rude, and yet go down into DC and count how many people will hold a door for you, or thank you for holding the door for them. I bet you won't get more than one, if any at all.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
1) Not everyone is like that.
2) Swearing isn't "rude" just not "civil". Civil is subjective.
3) You seem to confuse rude with hard-ass.

People claim PA people are rude, and yet go down into DC and count how many people will hold a door for you, or thank you for holding the door for them. I bet you won't get more than one, if any at all.
I just dont get it. I use to sound like these people complaining about PA when I was 18. I thought everything wrong with society was because of the place I lived, and after I graduated college I was going to move to a place out west where everything was all but peaches and cream. In this place there would be nothing but friendly people, and they would all be nice and revolve around me. Then I grew up and found out society is the same no matter where you are. However, people in PA tend to be just fine.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Is this thread seriously still going? Wow. Give it up people. Move around the country and find out that people are people everywhere you go. There are rude ones, nice ones, anti social ones, friendly ones, etc. Seriously, give it up.
It's entertaining. And it hasn't been closed, so it would be neat to keep it going. I agree with you, Stagger Lee.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
It is good to see most of you have enough common sense realize that rude people exist everywhere. Threads like these pop up in all state forums occasionally, but they rarely come to this conclusion
This said, this thread is complete.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania