Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:21 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Yes, although I have a feeling you're a person who hates things just because.
OMG are you serious? Do you realize the ignorance in that statement? There are 50 states in this nation. And I hate America because I hate a whole 1 out of 50 states? You people certainly think very highly of your state if you're willing to play that rediculous egocentric, selfish card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,211,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
OMG are you serious? Do you realize the ignorance in that statement? There are 50 states in this nation. And I hate America because I hate a whole 1 out of 50 states? You people certainly think very highly of your state if you're willing to play that rediculous egocentric, selfish card.
We do think very highly of our state, hence why we defend it.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Yes, although I have a feeling you're a person who hates things just because.
Ha,if that's not the pot calling the kettle black...take a look around you...oh that's right you're not actually in Philly

Old 09-27-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
We do think very highly of our state
At least someone does then

Old 09-27-2008, 08:31 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
I LOVE PA! Hence...the screen name! That said...if I won the lottery tomorrow...I'd stay right where I am. I love my town...the people are friendly and pleasant, the scenery is breath taking, my husband and I have decent jobs with good benefits, my children are getting an excellent education, crime is almost non-existent in my town, I feel completely safe here...there is more recreational opportunites than we have time to do...my taxes are very reasonable and there are some terrific programs for seniors when I get there...pensions are tax free also.
When you continually complain about Pa...Yes, that is your opinion...but it is also viewed as being 'the glass is 1/2 empty' kind of person...and they are just not too popular. Try finding a state that you like and post what you like about it in that forum!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I LOVE PA! Hence...the screen name! That said...if I won the lottery tomorrow...I'd stay right where I am. I love my town...the people are friendly and pleasant, the scenery is breath taking, my husband and I have decent jobs with good benefits, my children are getting an excellent education, crime is almost non-existent in my town, I feel completely safe here...there is more recreational opportunites than we have time to do...my taxes are very reasonable and there are some terrific programs for seniors when I get there...pensions are tax free also.
When you continually complain about Pa...Yes, that is your opinion...but it is also viewed as being 'the glass is 1/2 empty' kind of person...and they are just not too popular. Try finding a state that you like and post what you like about it in that forum!
And I thought you just created that screename to be funny

Sure any place is great when you're living it up,but there are also people here that aren't having those great experiences so that should be a consideration also.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,211,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Ha,if that's not the pot calling the kettle black...take a look around you...oh that's right you're not actually in Philly
Considering I'm in my dorm room at Temple, uh, yeah, I think I am...

Old 09-27-2008, 11:17 PM

But then how often do you whisk off to the suburbs of Wynnewood?...

Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
And I thought you just created that screename to be funny

Sure any place is great when you're living it up,but there are also people here that aren't having those great experiences so that should be a consideration also.

Living it up??? Don't know what you mean by that...maybe it's because I'm blessed to be looking at rolling mountains dotted with beautiful scenery and I'm not stuck in a slum somewhere. If it's because we are fortunate to have jobs...my husband works over 90 hours a week...his company is always looking for truck drivers.

I chose to live here...everyone has that same option...to choose where they live. A lot of people have to realize that their life is in their own hands....make it happen for yourself. And if it doesn't happen...don't sit around whining about it...no one really wants to hear it...except for the other whiners. Pa is a big state...and there are vastly different areas of the state. Don't knock it just because you don't like where you live. I think thats called being a 'pessimist.'

Obviously from your screen name...you are Stuck in Pa...for whatever reason...I feel bad for you. You only get to live life once.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 AM

641 posts, read 2,370,893 times
StuckPA, I really hope you gather up some chump change to move outta PA someday. I thought I was stuck in PA, like you. But I worked like a dog to get up enough money to check out and I finally did accomplish my goal after three years! You'll get there eventually, just have faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA!
Are you sure you're living in PA, and not imaginationland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania