Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 10:20 AM

4,858 posts, read 4,794,690 times

Advertisements

I suspect more and more businesses will go to autopay or pay a separate fee. As we slide down to that, I will likely just open a separate bank account for autopay and use it for just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 12:31 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
I love autopay. I get texts every time they are going to charge my card so it's not like they are simply taking money out without notice.

I just got two brand new iphone 15s, 2 $200 ($400) gift cards, and a 15% monthly discount on my bill from my work perk by switching to T-Mobile. Not to mention the $10 autopay w/ Debit discount.

After switching from Verizon to T-Mobile my phones are free from trading in my old iPhone 12, pair that with my work discount and I am actually paying less than I was with Verizon. My bill went from around 170 to 126.

Old 09-29-2023, 01:03 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I love autopay. I get texts every time they are going to charge my card so it's not like they are simply taking money out without notice.

I just got two brand new iphone 15s, 2 $200 ($400) gift cards, and a 15% monthly discount on my bill from my work perk by switching to T-Mobile. Not to mention the $10 autopay w/ Debit discount.

After switching from Verizon to T-Mobile my phones are free from trading in my old iPhone 12, pair that with my work discount and I am actually paying less than I was with Verizon. My bill went from around 170 to 126.
That's crazy high. I have Total Wireless (I think it's now Verizon something) and I pay $35/mo.

Old 09-29-2023, 01:33 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's crazy high. I have Total Wireless (I think it's now Verizon something) and I pay $35/mo.
It's not crazy high considering what other major carriers charge. Of course a discounted prepaid carrier is going to be cheaper. That bill also includes two phones, hotspot capability (important for my work), Unlimited calls and text, Netflix, and AppleTV.

Old 09-29-2023, 01:49 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Switch to Consumer Cellular, they are IIRC an AT&T reseller, I have had them for like 10 years and no contracts, unlocked phones able to use my own phone, replaced a low end Android phone I got from them for $40 with a used iPhone 7 I got from a local cell phone shop, easy peasy.

This crap of "You have to buy a new phone and sign another contract" should not be put up with. When they say that, you say: "I'm out! You're fired!"
I never contract.

Old 09-29-2023, 01:59 PM

11,407 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Businesses are no longer happy merely being profitable. They want huge profits. They see us as turnips, and are trying to squeeze every drop of blood available out of us. To that end, our freedom, options, and desires are being trampled in their zeal for higher profits, and we are being controlled by whatever they deem best for their bottom line.

Get used to it.

Cash is going away. Every company is going paperless to where you have to login and look at statements and invoices, rather than be able to review and save paper copies.

We are sheep to be sheared, and they don't care if we go kicking and screaming. You can "try" to take your business to the competition for better treatment, but it is very likely that all competitors are doing the same things.

So in the end, you have two choices. Go completely off grid, or become an oppressed slave of Corporate America. We are basically their tame cattle chewing our cud in their pastures, getting us ready for slaugher.

Freedom in America is rapidly diminishing, unless you become homeless or become a completely off-grid prepper.

Privacy is dead as well.

Welcome to 1984.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance