Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 07:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
It's just narcissism. Their pets are just another fashion accessory to them in those situations, little more than an attention-seeking device. Never mind that there are people who are virulently allergic to dogs and cats.
That's ridiculous....
I find the smell of strong deodorants and perfume to be quite sickening, nauseating...more so than the sight of a small cherished pet in his/her owners arms.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 08:08 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Nasty practice. No thanks.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:30 AM

1,664 posts, read 1,917,122 times
I'm ok with pets in certain stores. Any store that handles food is off limits UNLESS the dog is a certified-vest-wearing Service Dog of some sort.

That said, I have four Tractor Supplies within reasonable driving distance. One of them has a Pet Wash station that is about the slickest idea I have ever seen anyone come up with

Anyone can Google "pet wash at Tractor Supply" and see the set up they have, although not every TSC has one. It makes perfect sense for big dogs that don't fit in the bath tub and it's too cold outside for a bath

It was Saturday, so there was a vet and vet tech on site to give animals their vaccinations.

It was one stop shopping for any size dog's owner that might need other things. There were dogs of all shapes, sizes and ages in the store. All the dogs were well mannered or they were puppies in the learning stage.

I got to see a HUGE 17 month old English Mastif getting a bath at his owners hands. That pup was every bit as tall as a Great Dane and a real sweetie.

I am perfectly fine with these circumstances but, much as I love animals, please leave Yappy-with-its-head-sticking-out-of-your-purse home when you go to WalMart

Old 11-14-2018, 05:42 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
unless the dog jumps off the buggy, runs over and bites me.. it doesn't bother me.. I certainly think its a no-no at the grocery store or restaurant but any other place is fine by me.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:59 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I think it’s a way to get your dog to be more social, and I don’t mind it on a patio, or a garden center.
I always thought it would be fun to take my dog places, but I soon found out it’s a hassle I don’t need, so I leave him home.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:07 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Unless they're assistance animals, it's against the law, and store policy. You should talk to the managers of the stores you see allowing it.
Yes. The people who brings dogs into grocery stores should themselves have an attendant as they themselves need help with daily functioning.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Yes. The people who brings dogs into grocery stores should themselves have an attendant as they themselves need help with daily functioning.
I just happened to notice a sign at Publix yesterday, saying that only service dogs were allowed in the store, and at no time are they allowed in carts.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:30 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
No to animals in any place that has food. Heck I don't think they should be in any place that has material like furniture stores and clothing stores. I once saw a couple shopping for a sofa and they had their big dog sitting on the couch with them. And don't get me started with the rv shoppers who take their dogs inside motorhomes and trailers and then proceed to put their dogs on the bed, chairs, couches and dashboards.

I do love dogs and enjoy seeing "well behaved" dogs out in home improvement and pet stores I have never done that in my 52 years until last week. I took my new puppy to Lowes and Home Depot to help socialize her. Since she is a pup she was very excited. I won't do it all the time but once in awhile is fine.

Stores that allow pets, I wouldn't bring my dog into many of those but whatever, lol.
https://wirelessdogfence.xyz/dog-friendly-stores-usa/

Old 12-11-2018, 06:46 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Annoying.... Nasty....b'cause of an animal in shopping cart,
Seriously??

I suppose the same folks get annoyed by crying children in shopping carts.

Low tolerance, huh?

Old 12-11-2018, 03:31 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Annoying.... Nasty....b'cause of an animal in shopping cart,
Seriously??

I suppose the same folks get annoyed by crying children in shopping carts.

Low tolerance, huh?
No need for deflection.

Post is about folks bringing their little darling pet into stores.

Some are just nutty. That's all. Just plain nutty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets