Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:20 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't recommend using the subway at all when she can catch the Broad street bus.
What's wrong with the subway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 03:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
What's wrong with the subway?
It's dangerous and there is no security which makes it a easy opportunity for people who are passionate about robbing. The Broad street bus does everything the subway does but it just is a little slower

Old 08-23-2012, 03:38 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
It's dangerous and there is no security which makes it a easy opportunity for people who are passionate about robbing. The Broad street bus does everything the subway does but it just is a little slower
Does Philly have transit cops like NYC?

Old 08-23-2012, 03:53 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Does Philly have transit cops like NYC?
Only at the stops in major areas like in center city but not North Philadelphia

Old 08-23-2012, 06:47 PM

735 posts, read 1,129,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
actually 2 weeks ago for a meeting at temple.. How about you
2008 was probably the last time I was around Temple.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,226,654 times
Quote:

This is weird advice. Cecil B Moore is a very busy stop, especially for a local only stop. I see temple kids riding the subway all the time. I hardly ever see them waiting for the 4 or 16. It really seems most of the people who take the bus up north broad are either elderly or have a disability making the subway hard, if not impossible, to take.

I take the Broad Street Line from north Philly to Center City everyday. Never occured to me to do anything else.

I suggest you explore some of the benefits of living in a big city more. Like not having to wait 20 minutes for a bus that stops at every corner.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:15 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDResident View Post
2008 was probably the last time I was around Temple.
Temple U is nice (They have a great deal on their cafeteria food which is quite good)but oh the surrounding neighborhoods. Horrible.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM

735 posts, read 1,129,920 times
Quote:
Temple U is nice (They have a great deal on their cafeteria food which is quite good)but oh the surrounding neighborhoods. Horrible.
Like I said, I was there as recently as 2008. I don't tend to hang around college campuses at my age because I'm "too old". I know it's nice. I also know that the surrounding neighborhoods are not horrible anymore up to a certain point. In fact, they're much nicer than they were even 10 years ago. They don't tend to have a ton of new construction in "horrible" neighborhoods.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBlueRaincoat View Post
This is weird advice. Cecil B Moore is a very busy stop, especially for a local only stop. I see temple kids riding the subway all the time. I hardly ever see them waiting for the 4 or 16. It really seems most of the people who take the bus up north broad are either elderly or have a disability making the subway hard, if not impossible, to take.

I take the Broad Street Line from north Philly to Center City everyday. Never occured to me to do anything else.

I suggest you explore some of the benefits of living in a big city more. Like not having to wait 20 minutes for a bus that stops at every corner.

I catch only when I really really need to but it's no way you would ever see me on a subway at night time

Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Quote:
I agree the campus is gorgeous. And the neighborhood to the Southeast (Yorktown) is a very very nice Middle class african american neighborhood. Also, the neighborhood to the West of campus now dubbed "Templetown" between Susquehanna, Master, Broad and 18th is getting nicer with each passing day and is really not that bad anymore. It is the neighborhoods to the North and East of campus that are terrible and to the west passed 18th.

To the south is mostly seeing a TON of gentrification which is creeping it's way up towards Temple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia