Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 09:10 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,762,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
It's not going to be a national news story because White's initial claim about what happened, promoted by his family and spokesman, that 3 white men racially targeted and went after him was a lie. Also known as ''playing the race card''.

In reality, White targeted Schellenger because of his race (white). In other words, White did to Schellenger what he said Schellenger and his 2 friends did to him.

If White were heading to trial based on self-defense with his race card in place, there would be lots of national attention. Imagine a conviction!

''The Starbucks 2'' relates to the two men arrested at the 18/Spruce Starbucks last April. Considering that they were held up to the world as two civil rights icons in 2018. Somehow the police were blamed as well.

Key to the Starbucks incident was the racist white barista vs. the 2 black ''real estate investors''.

World-wide story btw. The Starbucks 2 liberated the bathrooms and seating space in Starbucks for anyone to come in off the streets. Manhattan Starbucks have lots of people waiting just to use the restrooms; that is, if they're open given the street and drug people ''soiling'' the facilities on a constant basis.

Going past the iconic Starbucks location in Philly, there's several street guys in there; complete with the grocery carts stacked with trash bags. Good news for Starbucks and society though: it's a diverse group of street people doing this. Been meaning to go there now just to read a free Sunday New York Times; why pay when no else is? Coffee at home, then a free newspaper read at Starbucks, with unlimited internet and bathroom use. Thanks Starbucks and thank you Mayor Kenney for turning the PPD and business staffs into social workers (especially those overpaid coffee baristas).

The East Spring Garden case was just a plain-old robbery attempt that didn't go well. No story of the victim targeting his killers, complete opposite of the White-Schellenger case. A ''rich white people'' target though on East Spring Garden.
1. The White/Schellinger case won't go national at all.
2. Starbucks. It's a company with, as you know, an international footprint. Not surprising it went viral. I actually know, or I
knew, the manager who made the initial 911call. I was in there a couple of days ago. I didn't see what you are talking about. What I did see were the well-heeled people who live around there.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:58 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
1. The White/Schellinger case won't go national at all.
2. Starbucks. It's a company with, as you know, an international footprint. Not surprising it went viral. I actually know, or I
knew, the manager who made the initial 911call. I was in there a couple of days ago. I didn't see what you are talking about. What I did see were the well-heeled people who live around there.
1) White-Schellenger now not going national at all; since that's what I've been stating and for the reason given;

2) The focus was on 2 black men being arrested at a Starbucks after a white barista called the cops. Of course there was no mention of the nonsense going on in Starbucks CC Philly locations at the same time ''bathrooms for customers only'' was being enforced. The Starbucks video was great fodder for the twitter and social media judge and jury though, that's why it went international.

The Starbucks 2 liberated all Starbucks for free bathroom use for anyone off the street; stupid me would actually make purchases to stay in a Starbucks for wi-fi and actually purchase newspapers. I need to take advantage of the sacrifices The Starbucks 2 made for the cause: free seat, free bathrooms, free wi-fi, free newspapers. No way am I dropping any $ at a Starbucks again.

I do recall you knew the white racist barista that started this whole thing.

Btw, didn't say the street folks moved-in nor do I know the schedule of their timing. I'm sure you're not doubting the idea that street folks aren't back at all. The baristas can't keep them out at all now but at least they're armed with that ''unconscious bias'' school they all went to.

Last edited by Kamms; 01-28-2019 at 10:13 AM..

Old 01-28-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
I don't think they would be as bold in San Francisco ... for homeless with carts to invade Starbucks there today? But nothing should surprise.

Sound like a simple sign to say no shopping-carts inside the establishment would eliminate this ridiculousness with homeless? Homelessness is not a Color or Race point either. So if examples of forcing someone with a cart out is made? Let them choose a White homeless person while the Police are present as to have back-up.

Sadly, many homeless really have mental issues that once would have had them institutionalized. Now they fall thru the cracks of aid out there with non-conforming to their requirements for assistance. Happens with welfare recipients too.

Don't they give the police FREE COFFEE in Philly to gain more presence in their baristas? That alone might help.
The carts aren't those full grocery store ones, just those ''granny cart'' types, where you lug it behind you.

Not sure about the FREE COFFEE for Philly cops, especially given the Starbucks barista that wouldn't let a police officer use the restroom a few years ago (before The Starbucks 2 liberated all locations in 2018). The barista told the cop ''bathroom for paying customers only''...in 2014!

Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Philadelphia NAACP angry after DA Krasner's surprise Mumia Abu-Jamal decision - Story | WTXF

Krasner opposes new appeal for Mumia. It's time to put this one to bed for good and serve out your sentence. If a guy like Krasner is not fighting for you, you're pretty much out of allies.

What people still don't seem to get is that the NAACP and similar organizations continuing to fight for almost 40 years for a guy who is a convicted killer who has had appeal after appeal all fail because there is really no doubt that he is actually a murderer, it adds fuel to the fire for Trump and his supporters, and it's going to push people towards him again in 2020. People need to learn to pick their fights better.
Do you really think this case is going to turn the 2020 election to Trump? I think, as in pretty much all Presidential elections, it will come down to how Americans' wallets are doing (ilke it was in 2016), not the outcome of this 40 year old case.

Wonder why Mill Meek, the new criminal reformer spokesman, hasn't yet manipulated this case to create attention for himself.

Where are the NFL players on this case? Maybe we'll see a Super Bowl kneel with a Mumia banner and shirts. Worldwide forum for Mumia there.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:01 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,490,056 times
https://6abc.com/police-officer-char...oting/5107484/

Philadelphia's finest. I don't believe this story at face value one bit.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:05 PM

14,183 posts, read 9,075,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
https://6abc.com/police-officer-char...oting/5107484/

Philadelphia's finest. I don't believe this story at face value one bit.
The story concerns St. Louis' finest.

It's an AP dispatch that 6ABC picked up and ran on its feed.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM

1,398 posts, read 915,560 times
Quote:
Do you really think this case is going to turn the 2020 election to Trump? I think, as in pretty much all Presidential elections, it will come down to how Americans' wallets are doing (ilke it was in 2016), not the outcome of this 40 year old case.

Wonder why Mill Meek, the new criminal reformer spokesman, hasn't yet manipulated this case to create attention for himself.

Where are the NFL players on this case? Maybe we'll see a Super Bowl kneel with a Mumia banner and shirts. Worldwide forum for Mumia there.
Not this case by itself (scope is not wide enough), but a compounding of issues like this is exactly what leads to support for Trump-like politics. And it's not the outcome that matters, but just the fact that there are people still vocally fighting for it. The outcome was decided decades ago.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:16 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,762,205 times
Quote:
1) White-Schellenger now not going national at all; since that's what I've been stating and for the reason given;

2) The focus was on 2 black men being arrested at a Starbucks after a white barista called the cops. Of course there was no mention of the nonsense going on in Starbucks CC Philly locations at the same time ''bathrooms for customers only'' was being enforced. The Starbucks video was great fodder for the twitter and social media judge and jury though, that's why it went international.

The Starbucks 2 liberated all Starbucks for free bathroom use for anyone off the street; stupid me would actually make purchases to stay in a Starbucks for wi-fi and actually purchase newspapers. I need to take advantage of the sacrifices The Starbucks 2 made for the cause: free seat, free bathrooms, free wi-fi, free newspapers. No way am I dropping any $ at a Starbucks again.

I do recall you knew the white racist barista that started this whole thing.

Btw, didn't say the street folks moved-in nor do I know the schedule of their timing. I'm sure you're not doubting the idea that street folks aren't back at all. The baristas can't keep them out at all now but at least they're armed with that ''unconscious bias'' school they all went to.
Starbucks went back to their prior bathroom "policy" which was no policy. The "white racist barista" was the manager at that location. Before that she was the manager at 20th and Market. And even earlier she was, indeed, a barista at 15th and Latimer.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:23 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,490,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The story concerns St. Louis' finest.

It's an AP dispatch that 6ABC picked up and ran on its feed.
-1 for reading comprehension.

That's embarrassing....

Old 01-29-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Starbucks went back to their prior bathroom "policy" which was no policy. The "white racist barista" was the manager at that location. Before that she was the manager at 20th and Market. And even earlier she was, indeed, a barista at 15th and Latimer.
Well, there was some form of Starbucks policy; recall the barista at the Chestnust Macy's location wouldn't let a cop use the restroom due to the ''bathroom for customers only'' policy?

Also, about a week prior to the The Starbucks 2 incident, I was in that location when a young African-American male came and asked to the use the restroom. The store was ''slow'' and the barista stated the ''bathroom customer'' policy but kinda waived the guy to the restroom as I think she was friendly-familiar with him anyway. This barista made an on the spot and discrete exception as she made sure none of her co-workers witnessed this. So, there was a policy in the CC locations I used to frequent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia