Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2022, 02:23 AM

842 posts, read 698,162 times

Advertisements

Upper Darby Suburbia ? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
2 Men ‘Assassinated' During Funeral Procession in Upper Darby
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...darby/3294405/

How is this possible? I thought the only homicides in PA happened exclusively in Philadelphia according to the Anti-Philadelphia pro-suburbia crowd.

Old 07-09-2022, 03:34 AM

14,267 posts, read 9,147,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
Upper Darby Suburbia ? lol
It is a suburb — it lies outside the city limits. The 69th Street Terminal area doesn't look all that suburban, granted, but the further away you move from it, the more suburban it gets, and don't forget that Drexel Hill is also in the township.

By the way, do you know that there's a section of Bryn Mawr comprised of streets lined with two-story workingman's rowhouses?

Old 07-09-2022, 07:29 AM

463 posts, read 207,714 times
Of course it's a suburb, but it's a pretty lousy one which borders West philadelphia. If anybody actually read the article, they would note that the police stated that the funeral procession was followed from North Philadelphia, which was working its way to a cemetery in Upper Darby. I wouldn't exactly frame that as chaos in the suburbs.

The shootings in Lansdale would probably be a better example of chaos in the suburbs. Nonetheless, whoever said that murders and danger don't happen in the suburbs? I would suggest the better point is that more chaos happens in Philadelphia than the surrounding suburbs.

Total idiocy.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:38 AM

463 posts, read 207,714 times
Laughing teens beat elderly Philly man to death with traffic cone, disturbing video shows

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Old 07-09-2022, 08:49 AM

1,703 posts, read 979,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovephilly79 View Post
Laughing teens beat elderly Philly man to death with traffic cone, disturbing video shows

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen
Shocking. They should be locked up for the rest of their lives. Already gone.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:55 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,489,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Welcome to Kenney's Philadelphia. The most shocking part, none of them have even been arrested yet. Not surprising at all, actually.

Old 07-09-2022, 11:01 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,763,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Well since they are so young not much is going to happen

Old 07-09-2022, 11:46 AM

9,395 posts, read 9,377,964 times
That is awful. Maybe a naïve comment, but how can kids be so evil even if they grew up in a rough area?

But I agree, these kids should be tried as captured and tried as adults. I am tired of hearing the "troubled kids" excuses. This was a viscous unwarranted attack that resulted in murder.

Old 07-09-2022, 11:56 AM

9,395 posts, read 9,377,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded36 View Post
That's like the 3rd daylight double homicide this week. Top it off w a supreme court that thinks guns are cool. I wonder at what point young moneyd types start to change their mind about city living and you have a new 21st century flight to the suburbs. Good thing I don't have kids bc this country is kaput.
It's a tough call. I love city life and wouldn't likely leave unless I truly wanted quiet. But I see the attractiveness of Ardmore, Media, etc. these days more than in the past. I also don't see this excessive crime trend lasting forever. But if high profile incidents become the norm, then yes, it will turn a lot of people away.

I also don't have kids, which would likely shift my view in favor of a denser suburb than the actual city.

In the end though, this entire country is going down the toilet, so it's not as cut and dry a decision anymore (city v. burbs).

Last edited by cpomp; 07-09-2022 at 12:06 PM..

Old 07-09-2022, 01:23 PM

7 posts, read 10,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus215 View Post
Go figure, reduce law enforcement and crime goes up. Sad that it took these people so long to draw the connection, and at such a terrible cost. Common sense needs to triumph over progressive liberal pandering.
Everyone knows liberals are to blame. I see insane libs saying there is no need to describe suspects anymore on news outlets. So how exactly would the general public know who to look for? It is of course to cater to the offenders.

Philly is a failed liberal progressive experiment gone terribly wrong and everyone is mocking the place now. Keep electing the same party over and over, do not expect different results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia