U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2016, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 12,371,512 times
Reputation: 3593

Advertisements

Flyers making the playoffs marks 21 years straight of a professional Philadelphia sports team qualifying for a playoff/tournament/post-season position. The last time no team made it to the playoffs was 1994.

Philadelphia Sports Teams Playoffs

1995: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
1996: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
1997: Flyers lost Stanley Cup
1998: Flyers playoffs
1999: Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2000: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2001: Eagles playoffs, Sixers lose Finals, Flyers playoffs
2002: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2003: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2004: Eagles lose Superbowl, Flyers playoffs
2005: Sixers playoffs
2006: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2007: Phillies playoffs
2008: Phillies win World Series, Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2009: Phillies lose World Series, Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2010: Phillies playoffs, Eagles playoffs, Flyers lose Stanley Cup
2011: Phillies playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs, Union playoffs
2012: Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs, Union Cup
2013: Eagles playoffs, Union Cup
2014: Flyers playoffs, Union Cup
2015: Union Cup
2016: Flyers playoffs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2016, 04:47 AM
 
10,265 posts, read 5,931,280 times
Reputation: 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
I appreciate the open racism.
So according to you I shouldn't give the black NHL players some extra love since some, including Wayne S., have been subjected to racist taunts and called "monkey" by some white hockey fans. I'm remembering that ugly racist incident from Czech fans a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 04:50 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
743 posts, read 637,529 times
Reputation: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
So according to you I shouldn't give the black NHL players some extra love since some, including Wayne S., have been subjected to racist taunts and called "monkey" by some white hockey fans. I'm remembering that ugly racist incident from Czech fans a few years ago.
Do whatever you feel you need to do to justify rooting for someone based solely on their skin color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
743 posts, read 637,529 times
Reputation: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Flyers making the playoffs marks 21 years straight of a professional Philadelphia sports team qualifying for a playoff/tournament/post-season position. The last time no team made it to the playoffs was 1994.

Philadelphia Sports Teams Playoffs

1995: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
1996: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
1997: Flyers lost Stanley Cup
1998: Flyers playoffs
1999: Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2000: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2001: Eagles playoffs, Sixers lose Finals, Flyers playoffs
2002: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2003: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2004: Eagles lose Superbowl, Flyers playoffs
2005: Sixers playoffs
2006: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2007: Phillies playoffs
2008: Phillies win World Series, Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2009: Phillies lose World Series, Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2010: Phillies playoffs, Eagles playoffs, Flyers lose Stanley Cup
2011: Phillies playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs, Union playoffs
2012: Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs, Union Cup
2013: Eagles playoffs, Union Cup
2014: Flyers playoffs, Union Cup
2015: Union Cup
2016: Flyers playoffs
... and only one championship. Most people don't count the soccer team. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 10:39 AM
 
10,265 posts, read 5,931,280 times
Reputation: 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Flyers making the playoffs marks 21 years straight of a professional Philadelphia sports team qualifying for a playoff/tournament/post-season position. The last time no team made it to the playoffs was 1994.

Philadelphia Sports Teams Playoffs

1995: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
1996: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
1997: Flyers lost Stanley Cup
1998: Flyers playoffs
1999: Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2000: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2001: Eagles playoffs, Sixers lose Finals, Flyers playoffs
2002: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2003: Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2004: Eagles lose Superbowl, Flyers playoffs
2005: Sixers playoffs
2006: Eagles playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2007: Phillies playoffs
2008: Phillies win World Series, Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2009: Phillies lose World Series, Eagles playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs
2010: Phillies playoffs, Eagles playoffs, Flyers lose Stanley Cup
2011: Phillies playoffs, Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs, Union playoffs
2012: Sixers playoffs, Flyers playoffs, Union Cup
2013: Eagles playoffs, Union Cup
2014: Flyers playoffs, Union Cup
2015: Union Cup
2016: Flyers playoffs
Is everybody playing hooky? Are you all at the Phillies home opener? I just got an SRO ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 01:50 PM
 
4,995 posts, read 3,038,161 times
Reputation: 3269
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Is everybody playing hooky? Are you all at the Phillies home opener? I just got an SRO ticket.
I wish I was there instead of leaving work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
743 posts, read 637,529 times
Reputation: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I wish I was there instead of leaving work.
I wish they weren't losing to the lowly Padres at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
743 posts, read 637,529 times
Reputation: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Is everybody playing hooky? Are you all at the Phillies home opener? I just got an SRO ticket.
At least you had decent weather ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2016, 06:18 AM
 
10,265 posts, read 5,931,280 times
Reputation: 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
I wish they weren't losing to the lowly Padres at home.
Another great performance by Aaron Nola but they lose anyway? Is he the new Cole Hamels... terrific pitching with little team support. Sigh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2016, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
743 posts, read 637,529 times
Reputation: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Another great performance by Aaron Nola but they lose anyway? Is he the new Cole Hamels... terrific pitching with little team support. Sigh...
Yeah, in 7 innings Nola had 9 Ks and no walks, but he also gave up 4 earned runs ... Hardly a 'great' performance in my opinion.
In a lot of Hamel's outings, if he had pitched better he would have won ... can't blame the team. Great pitchers get the W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top