Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2024, 08:42 AM

10,625 posts, read 12,177,945 times

Advertisements

Preach!

Old 05-10-2024, 08:45 AM

1,703 posts, read 980,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
The pandemic spike didn't rise to the level of violent crime at its peak in the 80s/early 90s? It did in Philly, homicides exceeded the totals from that era.
As did those numbers in every major city. Why would you dispense of that logic? Certain people love to paint Philly as some "Escape from NY" dystopia where by the nature of Philadelphians alone creates a murderous culture that doesn't exist anywhere but Philly.

The point is that violent crime levels rose in Philly and other cities like Philly and they have receded to levels that are lower than in 2019, the period right before covid.

Old 05-10-2024, 08:50 AM

1,034 posts, read 452,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
As did those numbers in every major city. The point is that they have receded to levels that are lower than in 2019, the period right before covid.
Right, we know about ''other cities'' but we're discussing Philly but, not every major city exceeded its all time annual homicide counts; in fact, few of the major cities did. Spikes in homicides? yes; records? some not every, but Philly sure did.

Thankfully stop and frisk has reinstated; wasn't a hard solution to reduce murders unless of course you're a white politician...lol.

Old 05-10-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
As did those numbers in every major city. Why would you dispense of that logic? Certain people love to paint Philly as some "Escape from NY" dystopia where by the nature of Philadelphians alone creates a murderous culture that doesn't exist anywhere but Philly.

The point is that violent crime levels rose in Philly and other cities like Philly and they have receded to levels that are lower than in 2019, the period right before covid.
The point is crime discussion in Philly. Everyone knows there was a nationwide crime spike. Your response is misplaced and not on point to the discussion you hijacked with the default ''people paint Philly as....'' and ''crime rose everywhere....''

We all know crime levels have, thankfully, receded here....don't worry...all because Mayvenne said something about ''protests''....triggered this forum...what a joke.

Last edited by MPK21; 05-10-2024 at 11:09 AM..

Old 05-10-2024, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Well what a lovely discussion we are having here.. If you think that I am being a sensationalist (bye '???) and based on no reality, we have more of a problem here. Calling names and belittling? Seriously

Please, I know I've seen more intelligent discourse here and I hope this was a one off.
...and you thought 3rd grade was over lol

Old 05-10-2024, 12:23 PM

4,743 posts, read 4,447,050 times
Quote:
...and you thought 3rd grade was over lol

I was thinking more middle school, but anyway... I guess since I don't live here I can't contribute to the discussion. or is it that I don't agree with the cool kids... either way, I got the message loud and clear. I asked for clarification because I thought maybe someone would re-examine their words or tone. I guess they did, and they meant it. So yeah. nice

Old 05-10-2024, 12:28 PM

456 posts, read 329,296 times
Quote:
I was thinking more middle school, but anyway... I guess since I don't live here I can't contribute to the discussion. or is it that I don't agree with the cool kids... either way, I got the message loud and clear. I asked for clarification because I thought maybe someone would re-examine their words or tone. I guess they did, and they meant it. So yeah. nice
Your post was amusing. Worthy of being laughed at more than insulted, I guess.

Old 05-10-2024, 01:18 PM

1,407 posts, read 930,949 times
Quote:
You came on here and said something intentionally stupid and insulting and now you're trying to act all indignant because people reacted to it with derision. GTFOH. You shouldn't contribute to the discussion because what you're saying is stupid and insulting, not because you don't live here.

Old 05-10-2024, 01:19 PM

1,407 posts, read 930,949 times
Quote:
Well some more good news on the crime front: the trespassers at the Island of Misfit Toys also known as the pro-terrorist tent encampment at U of Penn are being or have been cleared out once and for all. End of spring semester today most likely the reason the administration grew a pair and had these ''students'' removed.

Can't wait to hear all about the police oppression from these twits; on the other hand looks like cops may only have workers' comp injuries related to today's operation: carrying some of these slobs away.
Graduation is next weekend. Gotta have time to clean up and disinfect the area before the big donors and parents arrive.

Old 05-10-2024, 01:34 PM

11,794 posts, read 6,162,527 times
It is all about Philly's refusal to lock up criminals.

Video below of House testimony from Philly crime victims.

The bottom line is that the DA is not prosecuting crimes. Under 30% of violent criminals being arrested are prosecuted, so 70% are getting off scott free. They don't even go to trial or get plea bargained. Vs. a much smaller city like San Diego that prosecutes 70% of criminals arrested.

Criminals get the message fast when they are arrested but not prosecuted. Especially the kids, who don't get prosecuted because hey, gee, "they are kids". So you get a flood of 12-16 year old murders, car jackers, and robbers.

So Philly used to prosecute 70% of violent criminals, but now under George Soros hand-picked DA Krasner, it is under 30%.

The other is defunding the police.

Dan Meuser (R-PA)

"Prosecuters are simply not prosecuting. As a matter of fact in Philadelphia, the prosecution a rate of violent criminals is down under 30%. 6 or 7 years ago before Krasner got into office, it was nearly 70%.

"Number two is defunding of the police. The numbers don't lie. Since 2020, the Philadelphia police department is down $66 million."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia