Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2023, 02:06 PM

476 posts, read 278,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
Escalated responses? In 2023 Philly? That genie's way out of the bottle as well.

Loving this sudden get tough on crime and this other nonsense. Have you seen these crimes cuz otherwise you kept saying I've never witnessed any crime so it can that bad...
Sudden from who? Don't group people together (as you often do) - just because I enjoy living in the city and don't exaggerate its conditions does NOT mean I'm some overly far-left extremist. I voted for Peruto and am all for enforcing every law when done fairly. And no, I haven't witnessed any crimes take place in the city, but that doesn't include traffic violations or people driving illegal vehicles. Obviously.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:47 PM

1,036 posts, read 454,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
Sudden from who? Don't group people together (as you often do) - just because I enjoy living in the city and don't exaggerate its conditions does NOT mean I'm some overly far-left extremist. I voted for Peruto and am all for enforcing every law when done fairly. And no, I haven't witnessed any crimes take place in the city, but that doesn't include traffic violations or people driving illegal vehicles. Obviously.
Oh my gosh, JamesJay64! Get a sense of humor, jeeze, LOL! I was kidding about the ''all of the sudden and not seeing any crime'' thing. I just thought it was funny that you brought that up out of nowhere.

Just remember, not everything you post on this forum has to be an angry ad-hominem attack. You can relax and joke around with people, even if you disagree with them. In this toxic political environment, we need more opportunity to share in laughter with one another. Wouldn't you like to help reduce the toxic environment and enjoy some lighthearted jokes?

Old 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM

1,705 posts, read 985,234 times
Last night, me and my lady took a walk from OC to 11th and Market at around 6pm. It was the nicest day of the year so far and people/foot traffic was busiest I've seen it in years. It was great.

We got back only to learn we were 30 mins early for a shooting at 8th and Market. They were canvassing for 3 perps (black masks, black hoodies, black pants). We were 10 minutes early for an armed robbery at 3rd and market ( perp got away as they all do). About 10 mins later, I hear choppers who were looking for the group of teens (black masks, black hoddies, black pants) who physically assalted someone at 2nd and market. This was our stroll through eastern Center City.

At what point does that uniform raise the hackles? Mike Myers had a uniform. Jason had a uniform. That "Scream" dude? Yeah, we pretty much didn't need to wait for them to commit a crime before we went after them. This is nuts.

This town is being openly terrorized by teens in uniforms. And they still manage to elude our crack police department at every turn.

Old 04-05-2023, 08:41 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,268,611 times
Time to vote out democrats.

Old 04-05-2023, 09:57 AM

843 posts, read 702,774 times
Oh but how quickly people would scream racial profiling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Last night, me and my lady took a walk from OC to 11th and Market at around 6pm. It was the nicest day of the year so far and people/foot traffic was busiest I've seen it in years. It was great.

We got back only to learn we were 30 mins early for a shooting at 8th and Market. They were canvassing for 3 perps (black masks, black hoodies, black pants). We were 10 minutes early for an armed robbery at 3rd and market ( perp got away as they all do). About 10 mins later, I hear choppers who were looking for the group of teens (black masks, black hoddies, black pants) who physically assalted someone at 2nd and market. This was our stroll through eastern Center City.

At what point does that uniform raise the hackles? Mike Myers had a uniform. Jason had a uniform. That "Scream" dude? Yeah, we pretty much didn't need to wait for them to commit a crime before we went after them. This is nuts.

This town is being openly terrorized by teens in uniforms. And they still manage to elude our crack police department at every turn.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:55 AM

9,419 posts, read 9,414,890 times
Quote:

There has always been some element of this behavior in Center City, but do you feel it is worse, more prevalent, brazen, etc.? today vs. 10+ years ago?

Either way, the unacceptable status quo needs to change. Add the ridiculous ATV issue to major QOL concerns for all Philadelphians.

Old 04-05-2023, 12:21 PM

390 posts, read 270,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
There has always been some element of this behavior in Center City, but do you feel it is worse, more prevalent, brazen, etc.? today vs. 10+ years ago?

Either way, the unacceptable status quo needs to change. Add the ridiculous ATV issue to major QOL concerns for all Philadelphians.
For me, it’s hard to say because I’ve never personally experienced any type of crime in Philly or even witnessed any serious crime in my ten years here so maybe I’m an anomaly. However, I do think things got sketchier during the pandemic because there were less people around so it made the people on drugs, all the weed smell, people riding atv’s, aggressive homeless stand out more. I think people feel safer when there aren’t quality of life issues even if it’s not always directly connected to safety.

I do think the quality of life stuff is slowly improving now though as people return to the city or at least they stand out less, I think things are better than they were last year or the year before.

Regardless of my personal experience, I do think things are unacceptable because I’ve heard from countless people that they feel uncomfortable now in the city and I can’t blame them. No one wants to get accosted or yelled at or not be able to smell fresh air when walking around.

Old 04-06-2023, 07:17 AM

9,419 posts, read 9,414,890 times

Several hundred juveniles cause chaos in Center City

Several hundred juveniles caused chaos in Center City around the area of the Fashion District mall Wednesday night, with some reportedly throwing rocks at police before they were finally dispersed, police said.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...e-say/3540879/

Old 04-06-2023, 11:00 AM

1,705 posts, read 985,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
For me, it’s hard to say because I’ve never personally experienced any type of crime in Philly or even witnessed any serious crime in my ten years here so maybe I’m an anomaly. However, I do think things got sketchier during the pandemic because there were less people around so it made the people on drugs, all the weed smell, people riding atv’s, aggressive homeless stand out more. I think people feel safer when there aren’t quality of life issues even if it’s not always directly connected to safety.

I do think the quality of life stuff is slowly improving now though as people return to the city or at least they stand out less, I think things are better than they were last year or the year before.

Regardless of my personal experience, I do think things are unacceptable because I’ve heard from countless people that they feel uncomfortable now in the city and I can’t blame them. No one wants to get accosted or yelled at or not be able to smell fresh air when walking around.
You and the weed thing. Lol.

There are so many other things to freak out about in this town.

Old 04-06-2023, 11:33 AM

390 posts, read 270,507 times
Quote:
You and the weed thing. Lol.

There are so many other things to freak out about in this town.
Haha, I don’t personally care much at all but I’ve had a few friends/coworkers comment on it as one of the reasons why the city is going downhill and they don’t like coming to center city as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia