Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2024, 01:29 PM

1,705 posts, read 982,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
"Investigators believe it was the same person behind both incidents.

Shikoku Brunson, 51, was taken into custody nearby, according to Philadelphia police.

Brunson faces charges of burglary, criminal trespass, and related offenses."

This is when prosecution matters. I'm pretty sure there's a relatively small amount of people doing things as blatant as this.... keep them off the streets and things will return to normal.
He BETTER be prosecuted.

Old 01-09-2024, 03:10 PM

2,045 posts, read 797,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

So, true that these issues have unfortunately changed her expansion plans, but the Negadelphian "she will flee the city" is not true.
We shall see ... My $20 says she's out in less than five years - whether she wants to be or not.

She has a location in Bethlehem, PA and had one fold in Newark ... I heard she's, let's just say, 'something else.'

Last edited by Hermit12; 01-09-2024 at 03:48 PM..

Old 01-09-2024, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
He BETTER be prosecuted.
Do you really expect him to do prison time for a non-violent offense?

Old 01-09-2024, 05:10 PM

387 posts, read 269,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
He BETTER be prosecuted.
Sadly, I’m almost positive he won’t be.

Old 01-10-2024, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
Sadly, I’m almost positive he won’t be.
Exactly!

"Nobody got hurt, insurance will pay for it ..." - brought to you by those who feel entitled.

Old 01-10-2024, 07:56 AM

7,295 posts, read 10,640,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
We shall see ... My $20 says she's out in less than five years - whether she wants to be or not.
The vast majority of small businesses are lucky to last 5 years these days, whether they're the target of crime or not. The financial "squeeze" is simply greater today than it's ever been.

That said, there tends to be a lot more emotion injected into this topic (resulting from local sensationalized news media) than facts. Let's bear in mind that the year-end 2023 PPD statistics clearly show a 15% decline in commercial burglary year-over-year:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...fLMKEkyebylIbN

I'm not suggesting that anyone should be celebrating 1,856 commercial burglary incidents that occurred in 2023, but that's a pretty clear trend downward.

However, PPD needs to continue to put much more focus on these kinds of incidents, especially if a decline in violent crime can free up some investigative manpower.

Old 01-10-2024, 08:06 AM

Everybody is getting sued ... except the judges who keep freeing the criminals:
https://6abc.com/philadelphia-macys-...bbed/14302292/

The media is quick to release the name of cops who do wrong. Let's start holding these 'let them loose' judges accountable.

Build more prisons if need be.

Old 01-10-2024, 08:37 AM

9,410 posts, read 9,396,344 times
Quote:

The media is quick to release the name of cops who do wrong. Let's start holding these 'let them loose' judges accountable.

Before I read your comment, I actually thought the same thing (we agree!).

A terrible event, but why is Macy's and the landlord getting sued? If anything, this should be on the city or state, especially if the perpetrator has a criminal record...

Old 01-10-2024, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Before I read your comment, I actually thought the same thing (we agree!).

A terrible event, but why is Macy's and the landlord getting sued? If anything, this should be on the city or state, especially if the perpetrator has a criminal record...
I'd agree with you more often if you'd move back here ...

Old 01-11-2024, 10:04 AM

1,036 posts, read 453,226 times
Quote:

Notice Krasner hasn't been seen much lately? Maybe cuz Parker was coming in and his faux woke white boy Kenney was heading out. We'll see if Parker clashes with Krasner if he keeps his social justice b.s. in play.

Wonder if Parker will continue to allow the city to be disrupted at whim by the latest social cause about Gaza or whatever else the former BLM crowd deems it can manipulate.

Haven't seen Krasner out with the anti-Israel/Jew mobs these past few months unlike his supervision of the BLM mobs wrecking havoc over the Floyd fraud in 2020.

Wonder if Krasner will prosecute the naive idiots that broke windows on Samson Street when a mob descended on Goldie restaurant last month let alone the fact that these marches are completely illegal. Haven't seen any anti-Jewish protests since Parker took office. Maybe these groups have to get the old school permits to assemble, also known as following the law.

For some reason in 2024 it may take a black mayor to enforce the law and prosecute accordingly. Why is that? Then again, last month Philly cops have to stand guard outside a Jewish owned business as anti-Jewish protests disrupted Center City for the holidays.

Let's name the judges who free these criminals. Will matter though in Democrat saturated Philly?

Despite the fact that Parker continues to say the cops lied on her about her DUI, I hope she takes Krasner down. Sadly, only a black mayor can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia