Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 12:21 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
I should have expected this topic to set off sparks but I don't think I've had a cheesesteak in...5 years? But I am positive it was from Dalessandros's provolone and onion. The only "local" cuisine I am particular about is shoofly pie which I only recently have seen in some grocery stores around here.
I checked the menu at Dalessandros. Looks amazing! ALso, Ive never heard of shoo-fly pie until your post and looked that up too and that looks amazing as well. There's enough Amish folks around Ohio that you can bet I will either find them local or order one online. I gotta try it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2023, 12:25 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
deleted b/c it duplicated itself

Last edited by cremebrulee; 02-09-2023 at 12:41 PM..

Old 02-09-2023, 12:41 PM

My Grand daughter and I just went out to Cheddars in BG for lunch, on the menu, what did they have? Yup, you guessed it, Philly Cheesesteak. So wish people would stop that really irritates me, and I'd be willing to bet none of them have ever had a Philly Cheesesteak.....so annoying.

They have never even been to Philly let alone have tasted a real honest ta goodness Philly Cheesesteak and yet, they steal the name and put some kind of crap on their menu calling it the Philly Cheesesteak...

Old 02-09-2023, 12:53 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Following myself up to add one more recommendation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Slice, don't shred. And make the slices thin. Not deli-sandwich thin, but thin.

Otherwise, what ElijahAstin said. And don't use the really good aged Cheddar — it will separate on the grill. Seriously: if you can find processed Cheddar (I bought some recently at the Grocery Outlet up my way), go for it for your cheesesteaks to get the proper melt. Or use Provolone, which doesn't separate, instead.
Many of the better cheesesteak places hereabouts, like Dalessandro's, throw mountains of thinly sliced ribeye on a grill, then spread out the steaks and chop them while they cook with a long metal spatula that they also use to turn the meat.

Making one steak is different from making enough to fill 90 long rolls all at once, but you might also find chopping the steak after you've thrown it in the skillet to your liking as well.

And that's still different from shredding the meat, either beforehand or after cooking.

Old 02-09-2023, 12:55 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
My Grand daughter and I just went out to Cheddars in BG for lunch, on the menu, what did they have? Yup, you guessed it, Philly Cheesesteak. So wish people would stop that really irritates me, and I'd be willing to bet none of them have ever had a Philly Cheesesteak.....so annoying.

They have never even been to Philly let alone have tasted a real honest ta goodness Philly Cheesesteak and yet, they steal the name and put some kind of crap on their menu calling it the Philly Cheesesteak...
Just keep calm and remember my rule of thumb.

Old 02-09-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Just keep calm and remember my rule of thumb.
Ohhhh alll right

Old 02-09-2023, 06:53 PM

Well I’m all over this cheesesteak drama, I flushed all that negative energy down the toilet and replaced it with a very positive action, changed the cabin filter in my car
Whoooo hoo

Old 02-10-2023, 11:40 AM

1,385 posts, read 909,333 times
Not a cheesesteak, but I just got back from a place in Morrisville (that is closing soon sadly) called Comfort Food Kitchenette where I got a short rib grilled cheese that was really fantastic. It's a grilled cheese on Texas Toast with four kinds of cheese and beef (short ribs) that is obviously grilled in like a mountain of butter. Again, def. not a cheesesteak, but in terms of beef and cheese based sandwiches, it's one of the best I've ever had.

Old 02-10-2023, 11:57 AM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Not a cheesesteak, but I just got back from a place in Morrisville (that is closing soon sadly) called Comfort Food Kitchenette where I got a short rib grilled cheese that was really fantastic. It's a grilled cheese on Texas Toast with four kinds of cheese and beef (short ribs) that is obviously grilled in like a mountain of butter. Again, def. not a cheesesteak, but in terms of beef and cheese based sandwiches, it's one of the best I've ever had.
Short rib (and also brisket) grilled cheeses are way underrated.

Old 02-10-2023, 12:40 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Short rib (and also brisket) grilled cheeses are way underrated.

It's not open anymore, but there use to be a place in Reading Terminal called Meltkraft that sold different kinds of grilled cheeses. So good. Miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia