Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2015, 08:09 PM

282 posts, read 439,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
In all seriousness. I'm not a nurse but if I were, that would not be an issue because it's not part of the job description or is it medical treatment.
It's also not what you asked, originally, which was which would you rather do.
It's also straying far from the subject matter of this thread.
He is really not straying because he is still mentioning the "" topic...

Old 05-27-2015, 12:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,084,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
In all seriousness. I'm not a nurse but if I were, that would not be an issue because it's not part of the job description or is it medical treatment.
The "job description" is first, do no harm. Certainly in compliance with that.

I think maybe then comes "render comfort". How is a HJ, in that respect, different from adjusting a pillow?

You might want to review the binding Hippocratic Oath to the profession: "I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug."

Last edited by jtur88; 05-27-2015 at 12:23 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 AM

16 posts, read 13,387 times
I would say that it is prostitution. It is selling an orgasm.

Also, it would be really hard to be sure the woman wasn't being coerced. Human trafficking is a huge problem and the people who traffic these girls are violent. She may be scared to tell the truth about her situation.

You say you have always been against buying sexual favors, so if you did you might feel guilty about it when you return to our more conservative culture. What if you are walking out the door and you see some something that will always make you wonder if that girl was a slave? And honestly it sounds horrible. You would be just one of many she touched that day. Shuffled through like a McDonalds drive-through.

If you are young and attractive like you say, and the culture is pretty liberal like you say, wouldn't it be nicer to just meet someone you have a genuine chemistry with? Maybe you could find someone to trade massages with? It would be a fonder memory.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:42 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,870,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The "job description" is first, do no harm. Certainly in compliance with that.

I think maybe then comes "render comfort". How is a HJ, in that respect, different from adjusting a pillow?

You might want to review the binding Hippocratic Oath to the profession: "I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug."
Don't be jiving us, man. You can't be serious. This comes too close to trolling. An HJ is an assault. Fluffing a pillow is routine. Are you telling nurses (male, as well as female) that grabbing patients' privates is part of the job description? This is such BS.

And the OP got it wrong right from the start. Thailand isn't a sexually liberal culture. Thai young women are expected to be modest, and to not sleep around before marriage. The prostitution going on is a response to poverty and the huge influx of tourism, not all of it good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprimeyo;
Basically, I've been opposed to paying for anything from a girl my whole life, but living in Thailand for a few years, within such a sexually liberal culture and surrounded by people dabbling in selling sex and buying it whenever the fancy strikes them, it's really changed what I considered black and white to morally grey.
The reason the OP is confused about black, white and morally grey is that he was living in an anything-for-a-buck society where even men prostitute themselves to survive. This is desperation, not a "sexually liberal culture". His perspective got turned upside down, and he doesn't know which way is up anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.